UT2004 gameplay in UT99? I think so!!!!

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
*Kr!D_o)
Average

UT2004 gameplay in UT99? I think so!!!!

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

Okay.. So it's not exactly "UT99 Ultimate" (yet) but it's very close. Mosly all I am lacking are the 2K4 weapons textures/models. It's a combo between a few mods (also, for now) but like newphew's UT99 Ultimate, I too plan on bringing forth all new looks. Unlike UT99 Ultimate, this is NOT a total conversion of the default UT files and it can be uploaded and played online! I hope you all enjoy!
[youtube]e7UJRhcfKwE[/youtube]
by Dr.Flay » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:30 pm
I was about to edit it, but you can do it yourself.
Just use "e7UJRhcfKwE" in the youtube tag on this site.
Some sites use the whole URL, but here we don't.
** Thanks m8! **
Hope you all enjoy!
Last edited by *Kr!D_o) on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: UT2004 gameplay in UT99? I think so!!!!

Post by Dr.Flay »

I was about to edit it, but you can do it yourself.
Just use "e7UJRhcfKwE" in the youtube tag on this site.
Some sites use the whole URL, but here we don't.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Cool!

You should try and find some maps that were made for ut99 based on ut2004 designs too.

Like these · http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/view ... =14&t=2403
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

You should include Xpickups for the 2K4 style pickups
http://www.ut99.org/utr/xpickups-gamer-manual.html
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

yes and yes. i can and will be adding the XPickups mod into EnhancedUTRC1_fixed - to further the 2K4 experience. As I said tho, I also intend on importing a few of the 2k4 wep models like the rocket launcher. Not too sure if and what other models. That's about all I'm missing tho.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Here is some UT2004 files...

UT2004 Map List:
  • SV-DE-Osiris2
  • ONS-Torlan
  • ONS-Dreamus
  • ONS-BloodGulch
  • ONS-Asteroids
  • DM-UTR-Compressed3
  • DM-Rankin-V3
  • DM-1on1-Roughinery
  • DM-Deck17][
  • DM-[JAPAN]-Campgrounds-BE
  • CTF-GrendelKeep_99MLUT2
UT2004CharactersV2Fixed-ASLYE702 - Download UT2004CharactersV2Fixed-ASLYE702 - Pictures

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UT2004 Weapons - UWeaponway.u UT2004 Weapons -UWeaponway.u - Summon codes

Code: Select all

- UWEAPONWAY2K4.ASSAULTRIFLE
- UWEAPONWAY2K4.MINIGUN2K4
- UWEAPONWAY2K4.LINKGUN
- UWEAPONWAY2K4.SHOCKRIFLE2K4
- UWEAPONWAY2K4.SNIPER
- UWEAPONWAY2K4.MYUT_BIORIFLE
- UWEAPONWAY2K4.MYUT_FLAKCANNON
- UWEAPONWAY2K4.LAUNCHER
UT2004 Weapons - UWeaponway.u - WORM Mod Plugin UT2004 Movement UT2004 Announcer
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

AWESOME!! Thanks a lot man! question, which version of WoRM are you using? I installed everything correctly, set the weapons in the mod menu and still it doesn't work =\
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

You're Welcome! :mrgreen:

WORM V1.99 I don't know what is the problem, you have any error messages or maybe you put to much WORM Plugin to your \System folder and the mod can't load it?
Anyway I'm working still in WORM Plugins, I don't have to much time but I do it slowly. If you interested I can send for you my Plugins.
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

no error message. i install all the files into System folder. All other files are in the correct folders too. I setup the weapons in the mod menu windows, make sure the mod is in the mutator list (WoRM) and still nothing .......
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Can you make for me a video? Which mutators you are using? I never had problem with WORM, so it's interesting.
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

No need to make a video, I can tell you what it's doing. And I thought about it possibly being a conflict between mutators so i tried loading ONLY **WoRM** and like i said before, I have all the files you posted above, installed in the correct folders and set everything in the mod menu. Could you possibly tell me exactly how you load/set it up?
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I don't mean a millisecond of disrespect by this but...why? Why take the time to make UT into a game that's already available and most all of us already own? I mean I get importing a skin or even a weapon but why take the time to make what will end up being a lesser version of what's already there? Make something new or spin something that already exists in a way that hasn't been done. Just look at Dane's work with the Balloons: totally fresh.

Even in the best of circumstances and you really NAILED the feel of 2k4 wouldn't it just be easier to redo the movement on a 2k4 server, import the UT skins (already done, natch) and play that route? The netcode is light years better and so is the anticheat for a DM game. I've even (allegedly) heard that you can forgo the GUID check (allegedly) if you choose to on your server and let players connect directly with a non-legit installation <cough>.

BlackCheetah's 2k4 imports were good enough to use and after a brief test with them they completely fell off everyone's radar. It's one of those 'fun to try for a game or two' things but you quickly note the limits on the UT engine, especially online, and it makes you just want to go play 2k4 for real.

Anyway not trying to be a killjoy, I'm just suggesting that if you want to go wild with a full project then do something unique or crazy or both. I've had complete failures (Survival anyone?) but sometimes you do good (MH2) so it's worth the try.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote: Anyway not trying to be a killjoy, I'm just suggesting that if you want to go wild with a full project then do something unique or crazy or both. I've had complete failures (Survival anyone?) but sometimes you do good (MH2) so it's worth the try.
And MH2 is still hot and running. :mrgreen:
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

I have the Survival distro, as it seems like the best way to get the Day-Z vibe. I just have not had any time to work with it :(
It is a shame but in this day and age, if there are no epic youtube vids, any project way as well not exist.

There will always be the question of "what is the point ?" with projects like this, but what is the point of Oldskool Ampd, or the Botpack conversions, or the original UEd1 only project ?
Gizzy was also doing the 2k4 weapons for Unreal until he left the scene.

Like every one that ever climbed a mountain, these projects are simply "Because it is there".

Personally I would have thought that NW3 would be a better framework to develop on, to back-port fancier weapons from a fancier engine.
I agree with Jack's sentiment though, in that, if the weapons are exact, well we sort of don't gain a lot from what we already have.

However, I have a suggestion that may make everyone happy.
Once you have perfected them, perhaps you should port the 2k4 Chaos weapons.
These babies would go down a treat, as the napalm grenades look a treat, and cause absolute chaos as intended.
The 2 remaining members of the Chaos team, are very friendly and may be able to give you any resources.
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

No disrespect taken. I've heard that question a lot. And honestly i can't give you a reason that would make since other than the fact that it's just something i wanted to do. You are correct, i've tried to nail EVERY feature down to the last detail (only thing i missed and I plan on getting are the hiteffects when getting blasted by the pulse/shock, how the player turns green/purple while getting hit!) Also the physics are still different even tho I've managed to get everything right, i prefer the feel of it in UT99 compared to UT2K4 itself. The project was intended simply to add the same features as UTPure (after ACE come out) and to also update the looks of the stock weapons / graphics in general. Newphew999's UT99 ULTIMATE is truely what inspired me to take it this far. I do believe his is a total conversion mod, meaning you'll have to have his exact copy to play, also there's the fact that you still might not be able to play online, and it also could never get released. My mod doesn't replace the default game files, i re-wrote the classes so that the mod can be played online without altering the default files. I love UT99 soo much that i would rather face the challenges of recreating it so that it looks newer, rather than jumping ship and going to another game.