QL !Clan-Arena¡ for UT99 >?

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
*Kr!D_o)
Average

QL !Clan-Arena¡ for UT99 >?

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

So I was talking with a good friend of mine last night and he had asked me if I played Quake Live (QL). Sadly, I do not. Anyways .. He goes on telling me about a mod, which is apparently quite popular over in the QL community, called "Clan Arena" which is similar to UT's Last Man Standing (LMS) gametype, only it's team based.

Clan Arena - As the name implies, a game type that’s meant to be played as a team. The concept is simple: Two teams, with an equal number of players, face off against each other, equipped with all guns and plentiful health, armour and ammo. Last man (well, team) standing is the winner.

So I am wondering guys, what do you think about bringing this mod over to UT>? Maybe it already exist and we don't know about it>? If that be the case then would somebody please be so kind as to point us twords the right direction!?!?! Team LMS might already be what were looking for, only a few minor differences ..
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: QL !Clan-Arena¡ for UT99 >?

Post by papercoffee »

Hm... a TLMS ...isn't there something similar already done for UT?
I would combine this kind of gametype with Assault or use CTF maps where each team starts on their base. could be fun.
Or you could use a Counter Strike similar weapon buy system... you earn the "money" for the next round to get better weapons.
Sorry, I'm going off-topic :mrgreen:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

We almost have all of the Quake stuff now.
ImageImageImage
http://chaoticdreams.org/chaosut-koth/
In dedication to a very fun Q2 mod, the Chaos team has decided to bring King Of The Hill (KOTH) game type to Unreal Tournament. In a KOTH game the object is to find the “hill” and stay on it for as long as you can. KOTH games do not reward frags as the emphasis here is hill time. In order to stay on the hill you will need to defend it against other players/bots who are intent on taking it from you. We have also provided a Team KOTH where you can work with others to defend or take the “hill”. All KOTH games are time based so don’t spend your time foolishly.

And this could be adjusted in the next version of Chaos
http://chaoticdreams.org/chaosut2-evolution-duel/
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

KOTH is not the same as a TLMS...
They should have made more maps for this game type, only one map was a little bit to less to gain attention.
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

Papercoffee is correct Dr.Flay. They are two COMPLETELY different gametype's. Like I said, I don't play QL but from the sounds of it, I immediately thought TLMS like papercoffee. I'm considering downloading QL and try out this 'Clan Arena' so I can see for myself exactly what this mod is. If there is a difference, I'm sure they'll be minor differences and a small mutator could be made for TLMS to make it just like CA for Quake Live. Anyways, I'll be looking into this and I will get back with an answer once and for all! :D
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

There's King of the Hill, and the Infiltration mod has something similar... but I can't remember what it's called now.

There's Team LMS...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3913&p=40163
...but it has a few problems.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758