Map Vote Ultimate 2.1

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Lemon
Novice

Re: Map Vote Ultimate 2.1

Post by Lemon »

Hiyas,
You won't get any "UnresolvedNativeFunction_#" if you use the "UCC Package Exporter..." (WOTgreal tools menu)
Regards.
:o "One of the 600 admins for 200 players around" & "My server better no shit" movies are intellectual property of ©Terrible Sexual Life Productions
Think about it, game industry doesn't want you to buy one time and play for decades, they want you to buy a new game as soon as possible. Thats why UT99 still the best UT. :o
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Then send me please your decompiled source-code :mrgreen: .
Lemon
Novice

Post by Lemon »

nevermind... i though Export was a decompiling action, i wasn't aware that was source code included with bytecode in packages.
Did you try with UTPT ?
:o "One of the 600 admins for 200 players around" & "My server better no shit" movies are intellectual property of ©Terrible Sexual Life Productions
Think about it, game industry doesn't want you to buy one time and play for decades, they want you to buy a new game as soon as possible. Thats why UT99 still the best UT. :o
Lemon
Novice

Post by Lemon »

Thats what i get with UTPT, not sure if recompile is ok, i let you test
Attachments
MapVoteULv2_1_decompiled.rar
(61.44 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

As described in other topic. Where do these jump ?

Code: Select all

goto JL00A2;
It won't work without destination Label. For sure decompiling requires more techs.
Continuing the mess

replication
{
  un?reliable if ( Role == 4 )
    ServerInfoURL,MapInfoURL,bHasStartWindow;
}
These apps should be probably dropped in toilette.
I have solved other bug "window" related from LA13 but I'll keep result for me as long as these people seems uninterested to share what they have.
To not forget a mention

WinWidth=405
    WinHeight=345
I guess it will be more wise a pair number multiple of 8 rather than presumptions :sleep: .
Lemon
Novice

Post by Lemon »

hmm i see...
from BDBMapVote.uc

JL018B:
        Best = TeamGamePlus(Level.Game).Teams[i];
      }
      i++;
      goto JL018B;
    }
    i = 0;
    if ( i < TeamGamePlus(Level.Game).MaxTeams )
    {
      if ( (Best.TeamIndex != i) && (Best.Score == TeamGamePlus(Level.Game).Teams[i].Score) )
      {
        return True;
      }
      i++;
      goto JL0235;
    }
Some of the jump seem to have a destination, i also notice that most jumps are at the end of IF statements, maybe some kind of Return keyword ?
Lemon
Novice

Post by Lemon »

i think all these IF + Goto statements are the result of FOR statements (as you can see it uses many increment like: i++), so far i don't see any "for", i may be wrong as im noob at uscript but i know some other language.

Decompiler seems to only know IFs & GOTOs.

like that one really looks like a basic For statement :

JL0026:
    DebugLog("40");
    X = 0;
    if ( X < 32 )
    {
      PlayerIDList[X] = -1;
      PlayerKickVote[X] = -1;
      X++ ;
      goto JL0026;
    }
}
which is really buggy anyway as it reset X to zero each iteration (infinite loop) :(
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

The Label mentioned above is placed after "x = 0" and not before, like I said there is a need for a bunch of editing and maybe you wanna check other classes and how is decompiled a code containing SET + strings all part of UWindow and Menu. Looking well again at those Super.Timer() and other Super.Crap() calling events not functions I'm really amazed - are just useless making map-vote to consume other bit of server power for 0 purpose.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bumping here...
Looks like MapVoteLA types and relations with these UWindow things cannot go over some limit (1024) as easy as it might look.
I was looking at that function called SortMapList and has some nasty loops. If this things goes over default iterations number you'll need a code rewritten (I wanna see who will do that). In a similar case for hunting duplicate actors I get over 10000000 iterations using a state and breaks to slow-down and pause iterators by doing a job-split. For strings sorting (Map Names) it might be required another function using a separate call in purpose to break that chain or even something from state calling both functions with sleep intervals. Just my thoughts here.

Other problem: Loading 1446 Levels using different WRI settings (netfrequency, priority) are a nasty job. Let me see... once fired reloading, red-flag shows up and then even anyone gets dropped out of server until loading maps is done - the heavy load seems to happen in STATE LOADING. Simply in that time server is busy and won't deal with nobody TICK has a nasty BREAK making server to look stuck. Now I'm guessing that 1023 is matching perfectly the number of channels used by engine to communicate with player. I was trying a Slow-Down in state reloading with Sleep 0.3 and/or such but we have really bad iterations in sorting which cannot be slowed down without to split them in 2-3 pieces. This algorithm has only 2 options:
1. is perfect for 1023 channels;
2. these 1023 can be bypassed but using a rewritten formula else this way won't work properly lagging and dropping anyone (even admin is not excepted);
3. split lists as MapVoteX does and loading sequences not everything - completely changing mod.
These occurrences are taking place with or without XC_Engine in the same way. Aside, loading 4096 Levels takes until vote time ends, LOL, so I go for sequences rather than an entire bunch of map-lists.
If 1024 maps were supposed to be spread around 16 game-types-mods. 2048 perhaps are not an option for 200 game-types-mods. I think the best match would be 32 (DOUBLED ONLY), of course after changing loading/sorting methods, else I'm highly doubt about loading 2000 pieces without to have a server-crash.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

The problem with a list of bazillion maps is ...time.
You don't have enough time to read the name or view the screenshot ...you go for the map you already know.

For example:
2000 maps ...you check the list and look for a nice map. Because playing something different than Face could be fun.
Time to vote runs out and you hectically take the 100ths map because "BigBooz-TmC-fix_DrinkClan.ctf" sounds nice ...somehow.
Everyone else voted already for another Face map variant. :|

Even so you have trillions of maps on your server, only a fraction of them will actually get played.

An admin should provide a list of the 50 best hand-picked maps ...change it every month if necessary and that's it.
If I want to play UT online, I don't have the nerves to search a list with over thousand entries. That's bothersome and boring.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm agree and I've been agree with these. It's a lot of work to sort good stuff, I found servers populated with 48 maps -read again. Nobody is bothering to TEST, they simply play quality sorted stuff rather than 2000 of Levels with 1500 NO Levels.
Yep... for me chapter MapVote will get closed at 1024, the rest is mythology. In the age where everybody is rushing like with hair burning, waiting maps to get loaded and scrolling lists are not the best ever config. Aside, I could see "players" clicking on buttons without to know what they were doing (kicking themselves :loool: ). Do we need a super-duper hyper-featured voting system ? I don't think so.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Voting system with super hyper features:
- Sort maps by name, gametype, your rating and public rating
- Rate maps with stars
- For admins, democratic options: let the people choose with votes or be the next map the next most publicly rated one?
- Dislike maps. Very disliked maps will be removed from rotation.
- Vote for adding maps from and into the /utgames (/idgames parody name :P ) public map repository. "Into" means "maps in the rotation not already in the repository", and "from" must be self-explanatory.
sektor2111 wrote:I'm agree
You seem like a Japanese.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote:I'm agree and I've been agree with these. It's a lot of work to sort good stuff, I found servers populated with 48 maps -read again. Nobody is bothering to TEST, they simply play quality sorted stuff rather than 2000 of Levels with 1500 NO Levels.
Yep... for me chapter MapVote will get closed at 1024, the rest is mythology. In the age where everybody is rushing like with hair burning, waiting maps to get loaded and scrolling lists are not the best ever config. Aside, I could see "players" clicking on buttons without to know what they were doing (kicking themselves :loool: ). Do we need a super-duper hyper-featured voting system ? I don't think so.
I like actually the voting system in Quake Live ...Some amount of maps ...but you'll get only a selection of three random maps and game-types to vote. You'll play more often different maps and it's fun. No one complains that he/she couldn't chose out of the complete list. Maybe something similar could be interesting as a map vote system for UT.
But the admin has still the duty to sort the wheat from the chaff beforehand.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Few Idea's from MaryJane.

Post by Wises »

Filter into separate column in MV 'Favourites' & 'Most-played' :D

so ability to right-click a map and add to favourites column. :)

most-played maps are automatically populated and arranged after every match.

:tu:

As a nifty addon , someone should make a little MapRecorder mod which is low on resources , crisp , clean , and small file size.
ServerAdmins could run the mod ^ and recorded clips could be sent to players (upon request).
and or into the MapVote Window itself.

another addon for players (clients) would be a mod which streamed all clips consecutively with [<][x][>] when UT starts up.

:noidea
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

What can I say ? Regular player with a bit of experience will look for desired stuff. If that stuff is hidden (somehow) player won't be glad about that. On-Line you might see another sort of "players" voting a crap and then leaving (1 minute is too much). Admin has the duty to load a couple of Levels and letting player to sort what wants. Bugging things with a mountain of nothings and having 70% bugs leads in no players and if these are completed with some "mutator" for sure you'll find that "server" in 600th position or such.

At a moment I really don't get why a few seconds spent in voting deserve colors and all whistles because player is there to play not to read maps forever. MapVote needs to work perfect for ALL game-types because at this moment we still have "LIMITS" in LA13 types -
  • -begin example code-
    DebugLog("5");
    DeathMatchPlus(Level.Game).bDontRestart=True; //Too Sucky...
    TimeLeft=VoteTimeLimit;
    -end of example code-
I think this code must be:
  • - some changed code -
    DebugLog("5");
    if ( DeathMatchPlus(Level.Game) != None ) //Stupid Accessed None destruction for non-BotPack stuff
    {
    DeathMatchPlus(Level.Game).bDontRestart=True; //We mind this only if can deal with it
    }
    TimeLeft=VoteTimeLimit;
    - end of some changed code -
And the rest of BOTPACK-ONLY things. So nothing was changed since LA13 source has been shown up.
So to speak we need support for multiple game-types not for multiple BotPack versions :mrgreen: .
And then new troubles based on other rules are gonna show up. Then we have BotPack-Vote as long as NOBODY can predict future games what ending rules might have.