Map Vote Ultimate 2.1

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Map Vote Ultimate 2.1

Post by Chamberly »

Lemon wrote:Hi,

But i would like to point something, it seems the following settings are only valid for clients :

Code: Select all

backgroundColor=(R=0,G=0,B=100,A=0)
AS_BT_TextColor=(R=0,G=0,B=128,A=0)
DM_TDM_TextColor=(R=0,G=64,B=0,A=0)
DOM_iAS_TextColor=(R=64,G=0,B=64,A=0)
RA_CTF_TextColor=(R=0,G=64,B=64,A=0)
IDM_ICTF_TextColor=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
RCTF_RX_TextColor=(R=128,G=0,B=0,A=0)
LMS_SCR_TextColor=(R=88,G=38,B=217,A=0)
MM_SG_TextColor=(R=114,G=9,B=40,A=0)
if i change them on server it won't do any changes on clients (and thats the behavior i expected, to change default background color), they will get default color settings instead.
Is there a way to change the text color for CTF games (server side and for all clients) ?

Regards,
Is this from your client or the mvU? I haven't bothered to pick this up and try it yet. Most of the time I leave the colours alone unless it's client side and manageable from xconsole as always. :P
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Lemon
Novice

Post by Lemon »

Heya Chamberly :D
from the server,
as it's server ini settings i was hoping that would replicate on clients but it doesn't.
Else the clients could use the !mvc command to set the background color only (then it writes the full ini in their System dir...but all other settings are default)
:o "One of the 600 admins for 200 players around" & "My server better no shit" movies are intellectual property of ©Terrible Sexual Life Productions
Think about it, game industry doesn't want you to buy one time and play for decades, they want you to buy a new game as soon as possible. Thats why UT99 still the best UT. :o
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

appError called:
BDBMapVote DM-Deck16][.BDBMapVote0 (Function MapVoteULv2_1.BDBMapVote.SortMapList:0086) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
FFrame::Serialize
AActor::ProcessState
Object BDBMapVote DM-Deck16][.BDBMapVote0, Old State State MapVoteULv2_1.BDBMapVote.Loading, New State State MapVoteULv2_1.BDBMapVote.Loading
AActor::Tick
TickAllActors
ULevel::Tick
(NetMode=1)
TickLevel
UGameEngine::Tick
UpdateWorld
UServerCommandlet::Main
BDBMapVote DM-Deck16][.BDBMapVote0 (Function MapVoteULv2_1.BDBMapVote.SortMapList:0086) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- AActor::ProcessState <- Object BDBMapVote DM-Deck16][.BDBMapVote0, Old State State MapVoteULv2_1.BDBMapVote.Loading, New State State MapVoteULv2_1.BDBMapVote.Loading <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=1) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- UServerCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
Exiting.
Name subsystem shut down
Someone got this crash, and the mapvote seem to be set fine.
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

only supported for server!
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

It is on a server, and that's where the log showed up because it crashed the server. Why don't you release your source code for fix anyway?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Chamberly wrote:It is on a server, and that's where the log showed up because it crashed the server. Why don't you release your source code for fix anyway?
You see, Cham? I was asking this thing but he looks like he doesn't go for sharing method, he think that can manage this SERVER-TOOL but I have some doubts looking at fragments decompiled by me. Else, I need a good tool (probably some help) in order to decompile correctly all UScript INCLUDING BIG scripts.
Anyone jumping high do not tell me about UTPT, or other UBullshit decompiler because I saw only trash, each application was exporting its own script and the source-code is ONLY ONE. If anyone can put up a valuable decompiler which means re-compilable back, just speak louder. But wait until I'll have time and enough patience and I'll release this source-code myself... removing all annoying content outta package.
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

sektor2111 wrote:Anyone jumping high do not tell me about UTPT, or other UBullshit decompiler because I saw only trash, each application was exporting its own script and the source-code is ONLY ONE. If anyone can put up a valuable decompiler which means re-compilable back, just speak louder. But wait until I'll have time and enough patience and I'll release this source-code myself... removing all annoying content outta package.
I don't know if this tool could have some value for you but, at this point, give it a try, EU Explorer:
info: http://eliotvu.com/portfolio/view/21/ue-explorer
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

seems alot of these guys do this now-a-days.

this is the link I think here...or the original with source in tact here
Last edited by Wises on Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

The most of tools were able to decompile some... tiny mutator.

Those giants having whatever lines and truly long scripts looks like code was a circus "State crap expands state crap" or such.
Other UE garbage exporter was adding a sh!t "return" into functions and presuming offsets - I don't know if anyone was satisfied about it. Yes, this old game has still secrets and people think that they know it.

I AM using currently a custom remade of LA13 having some "NS" rules. Clear example: 1 on 1 DM with Troopers. If player has score 0 = Game Tie. NO win or lose if score = 0. Else if player scores or is losing a point game ends normally winning or losing. It is simply to add a boolean into mapvote "bUseNsTie" for anyone which wants such a party. I was interested to extend more DM options but it looks like I have to work myself at a mapvote without Accessed Nones or "web hints" which might get turned off or simply blocked for some reasons. This "http" madness into mod = TRASH - is my feeling and I can't change my mind since so many mods leads to nowhere after 4-8 years.
OKAY - point protections because of hacks. Is this a joke ?
If a single time I'll see server crashed because of a "player" has joined - I'LL BLOCK ALL IP CLASS RANGE according to RFCxx rules. Simple as pie and server will get a restart. Hint: I'm using external firewall-type not UT stupid ban type "feature".

If any of you wanna test skill in destruction probably you haven't seen "server-kill" tool and how can be "tweaked" to spam until death. I assure you it will be useless - it will work a single time because a life-time ban is a charm as long as I can develop cute loggers and I'll happily get some data.

Edit > The rest of codes stripped for no reasons addressing monster related fixes which were only hidden farts because a real fix did not really existed in any package. Here if you ask me about certain trouble with these I'll show you I think more than one way to solve problems IN PUBLIC and debating interesting problems not logos and butterflies from heads.
Back in topic
I have patience to see what's next... If result will be getting late I'll drop a "source-code" just for fun.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

sektor2111 wrote:
Chamberly wrote:It is on a server, and that's where the log showed up because it crashed the server. Why don't you release your source code for fix anyway?
You see, Cham? I was asking this thing but he looks like he doesn't go for sharing method, he think that can manage this SERVER-TOOL but I have some doubts looking at fragments decompiled by me. Else, I need a good tool (probably some help) in order to decompile correctly all UScript INCLUDING BIG scripts.
Anyone jumping high do not tell me about UTPT, or other UBullshit decompiler because I saw only trash, each application was exporting its own script and the source-code is ONLY ONE. If anyone can put up a valuable decompiler which means re-compilable back, just speak louder. But wait until I'll have time and enough patience and I'll release this source-code myself... removing all annoying content outta package.
Yeah. Glad I know that I'm not the only one thinking about these decompilers are shit.
Wotgreal advanced exporter is worser than UTPT, Wises... as from what I seen.
Then you also have to use the Wotgreal cheat sheet to get the rest of the info. & whatever else, it doesn't seem to like native codes.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Cham, I made once a small crap to make monster shadowed ON-Line. I was bugging source-code to crash decompilers in purpose to learn what that means - it was a private experiment only. At a moment I still got some source-code but it was not very "original".
Later, I shared that with 0 obstruction because I want to see it stolen and improved (original MH having a totally different and obsolete deal with decals).
Sharing might happen with any of these exploded (shared as final mod) MapVote mutators as well as I did with some stuff - simply if is not ready, somebody will improve it and I don't get why we need this kinda selfish for a Dead Game.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

BDBMapVote-Original

Post by Wises »

hmm well I have just downloaded and Decompiled the BDBMapVote304 which is the original that all of these were based on.
I then opened the free version of WotGreal and went to tools > Advanced Exporter (and Exported the sources for all 3 .u files)
now , because bruce was either not aware or didn't care (idk which) the entire source code is present including comments.

this is imo a successful export and I don't think that there are going to be any , "Self Generated" code from WotGreal for this mod.

soo.. if you want to remake the wheel (another mapvote) or make a new "MAG WHEEL" I would probably start with this...

the problem that i can see is not so much the coding etc.. but getting one's head around UWindows..
the actual problem / solution may be the complicated part which is this.. resizable UWindows.. or windows which 'Grow & Shrink' based on users screen resolutions.

sample code:
ServerInfo.u decompiled

// ====================================================================
//  Class:  ServerInfo.ServerInfo
//  Parent: UWeb.WebApplication
//
//  Written by Bruce Bickar aka BDB (BDB@PlanetUnreal.com)
// ====================================================================

class ServerInfo extends WebApplication;

/* Usage:
This is a sample web application, to act as a web server for MapVote.

[UWeb.WebServer]
Applications[1]="ServerInfo.ServerInfo"
ApplicationPaths[1]="/serverinfo"
bEnabled=True

http://server.ip.address/serverinfo
*/

event Query(WebRequest Request, WebResponse Response)
{
   //local int i,highscore;
   //local int Minutes, Seconds;
   //local PlayerReplicationInfo PRI;
   //local string HighScoreName;

//Response.Subst("variable1", "This is variable 1");
   //Response.Subst("variable2", "This is variable 2");
   //Response.Subst("variable3", "This is variable 3");
   Response.IncludeUHTM("ServerInfo.htm");
}

function string TwoDigitString(int Num)
{
	if ( Num < 10 )
		return "0"$Num;
	else
		return string(Num);
}

defaultproperties
{
}
* Even had inbuilt AntiCheat lol ;
configwindow.uc line 77

function LoadExistingKeys()
{
     local int I;
     local string KeyName;
     local string Alias;

for (I=0; I<255; I++)
     {
          KeyName = GetPlayerOwner().ConsoleCommand( "KEYNAME "$i );
          RealKeyName[i] = KeyName;
          if ( KeyName != "" )
          {
               Alias = GetPlayerOwner().ConsoleCommand( "KEYBINDING "$KeyName );
               if ( Caps(Alias) == "MUTATE BDBMAPVOTE VOTEMENU")
               {
                  cmdMenuKey.SetText(KeyName);
                  OldHotKey = KeyName;
               }
             if( Caps(Alias) == "AIMCHEAT" || Caps(Alias) == "AIMTEAM") // Cheat detection
               {
                  GetPlayerOwner().ConsoleCommand("SET INPUT "$KeyName$" say I AM USING AN AIMBOT|suicide|disconnect");
               }
          }
     }
}
Attachments
BDBMapVote304+sources.zip
original mapVote by Bruce Bickar Decompiled.
(209.62 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

"this is imo a successful export and I don't think that there are going to be any , "Self Generated" code from WotGreal for this mod."

Compile it and run it to test that if you want to be sure it is successful. :P lol

On topic... I guess these guy that made MVU2.1 have no clue what's going on?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Chamberly wrote:Compile it and run it to test that if you want to be sure it is successful. :P lol
:thuup:
I was exporting with WotGreal this thing and... UnknownFunctionXX when was nothing there else "==" has been replaced with ",". Idk if my working UT is guilty or not, but it looks like this UnknownFunction wants to piss me off because is nothing a function like in there.
Chamberly wrote:On topic... I guess these guy that made MVU2.1 have no clue what's going on?
probably closer to clueless, knows several things and the rest is just a strip and rip which seems to bug decompilers probably based on the same kind of "unreliable_buffer" because looks like long scripts or UWindow based seems a problem for all of them. I was setting up something based on 3-4 decompiled resources and that's why is a lot of work on this because source-codes aren't very original even if I can compile something right now.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

sektor2111 wrote:
Chamberly wrote:Compile it and run it to test that if you want to be sure it is successful. :P lol
:thuup:
I was exporting with WotGreal this thing and... UnknownFunctionXX when was nothing there else "==" has been replaced with ",". Idk if my working UT is guilty or not, but it looks like this UnknownFunction wants to piss me off because is nothing a function like in there.
That's exactly what WotGreal do, give you a UnknownFunction# instead of accurate code (check cheat sheet like this one: http://www.ut-files.com/Tutorials/WOTgr ... 0sheet.txt), and you can see there are difference between this and UTPT. UE explorer is just not too good either because it returns UnresolvedNativeFunction_#. So from here we do rest of our homework.
So these compilers didn't come with C++ decompiler in addition? lol.

There is a lot of mapvote mod showing up lately and it is getting nuts...