=FOOD FIGHT= RC3 !!!!

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

=FOOD FIGHT= RC3 !!!!

Post by papercoffee »

Yes you heard (read) it right ...Food Fight has a Release Candidate for you
to test it till it's gonna cry.

This is the Beta Release-Candidate-3 of our Food Fight weapon mod.
Please provide us with feedback.

Notes:
-Try the Rocket-Jump feature of the Salad Thrower secondary fire.
-The Jelly can also be used in an offensive action.
-The Ha&Ka; Steinfrucht secondary fire is a close combat stab.
-The Cherry and Hallapenjo (Jalapeño) cans are for the Canopener. (your start weapon)
-Bots will kick your ass now ...beware if they can get a Toastenator THIS WEAPON IS STILL BUGGY.

Test the Hell out of it!!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/food-fight/do ... a-rc3-ut99 <=Klick it!!

Have fun and keep it ...Hellthy!!
Last edited by papercoffee on Tue May 19, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
papercoffee
Godlike

Re: =FOOD FIGHT= RC2 beta testing !!!!

Post by papercoffee »

PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD THE MOD !!!

Our Coder:
"I forgot to include the texture pack. People will not be able to load it without it. I'm updating it right this moment."
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Now you can make sure everyone gets their 5-a-day portion of fruit and veg.
Even if it kills them :satan:
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Here is my Feedback after playing this Beta version.
1st of all the mod is really nice and my favorite weapon is HA&KA weapon.

Some odds I found in this mod:
1. Explosive weapons like Carroteer, PapriCannon, Toastanator have same Death Messages - "Victim was smacked down by Killer's Rocket Launcher." which is also default message of UT Rocket Launcher. Possible reasons could be that the DamageType is set RocketDeath, giving your own DamageType name should do the trick.
2. Bots using Toastanator weapon can use the AltFire rapidly, compared to human players which only gets one shot and wait until Reloading is completed.
3. Antacid Pills(replacement of UT Shieldbelt) doesn't show on HUD in Player Status icon those yellow glow instead it shows Armor icon.
4. The Explosion sound of Toastanator projectile in Primary Fire is very low.
5. Lightning doesn't work online or at start of the game of different juice bottles.
6. The hand of Peanut Gun is really small while reloading.
7. Peanut gun glows (unlit) in Primary Fire, but not in AltFire.
9. The smoke effect of Coffee (replacement of Damage Amp) works for the 1st time in online and doesn't work when it is respawned.
10. The Melee damage of HA&KA weapon is little bit overpowered, that it is possible to kill the guy with ShieldBelt in one show.
11. Also I got this Logs Error:

Code: Select all

ScriptLog: Login: SpEcTra_7
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale2 DM-Deck16][.TMale2
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level DM-Deck16][.MyLevel
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: WindowsViewport0
ScriptWarning: FFMod DM-Deck16][.FFMod0 (Function FoodFightRC2.FFMod.GiveWeapon:0121) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: FFMod DM-Deck16][.FFMod0 (Function FoodFightRC2.FFMod.GiveWeapon:0129) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptWarning: FFMod DM-Deck16][.FFMod0 (Function FoodFightRC2.FFMod.GiveWeapon:0138) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: FFMod DM-Deck16][.FFMod0 (Function FoodFightRC2.FFMod.GiveWeapon:0121) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: FFMod DM-Deck16][.FFMod0 (Function FoodFightRC2.FFMod.GiveWeapon:0129) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptWarning: FFMod DM-Deck16][.FFMod0 (Function FoodFightRC2.FFMod.GiveWeapon:0138) Accessed None
Everything else is good.
Good job developers of this mod. :gj:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Thanks Rocky,
that's exactly what we need. :tu:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I was playing the DM-Pie map earlier https://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5293
This map has single rifle shells for pickups.
I think the FoodFight mod may have missed a pickup-swap, as they still show.

I tried CTF-Cuppaw00t again and stripped back the mutators. Even running in spectator mode it will freeze every so often.
Looking in the log file has not helped, as there does not seem to be any strange errors showing.
Something very odd going on with that map. Shame as it would be perfect.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Function "GiveWeapon" used by Epic is is dedicated to load some... ImpactHammer and a default Enforcer, that code is far from be friendly with Bot or others A.I. which wants to "Rate" weapon. I was working at a moment at a different way to load Pawns. Simply weapon has to be loaded and Bot-Pawn will decide depending on combat situation what exactly wants to pick.
By example always worked loading a whole chain with weapons using this:

Code: Select all

function GiveWeapon(Pawn Pawn, class<TournamentWeapon> WeaponClass )
{
	local Weapon NewWeapon;

if( Pawn.FindInventoryType(WeaponClass) != None )
		return;
	newWeapon = Spawn(WeaponClass,Pawn.Owner,Pawn.Tag,Pawn.Location,Pawn.Rotation); //Load completely owned
	if( newWeapon != None )
	{
		newWeapon.RespawnTime = 0.0; //No respawn
		newWeapon.bHeldItem = True; //held
		newWeapon.GiveTo(Pawn); //Pass to Owner
		newWeapon.SetSwitchPriority(Pawn); //See switching and END
//      newWeapon.WeaponSet(PlayerPawn); //NO
//      newWeapon.AmbientGlow = 0; //NO
//      PlayerPawn.PendingWeapon = None; //NO screw anything

if ( !newWeapon.IsA('ImpactHammer') && !newWeapon.IsA('Translocator') )
		{
			newWeapon.GiveAmmo(Pawn);
			newWeapon.AmmoType.AmmoAmount = newWeapon.AmmoType.MaxAmmo; //See if need wrapped if NewWeaponAmmotype != None - sometimes bite
		}
	}
}
Credits here goes at Gust for main structure (about 99 weapons loadable). A.I. wrapper has been fine tuned by me step by step during a few hours of load 10 weapons to 10 Bots and me until I got rid of None and None A.I. "rateself". Don't do only a blind copy of original codes because they are against development, LOL.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed May 13, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

So basically you are giving weapon to the parent class pawn instead of class playerpawn. Makes sense.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I'll give it a go when I get home, expect screenshots and critiques by Friday.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

SC]-[LONG_{HoF} wrote:So basically you are giving weapon to the parent class pawn instead of class playerpawn. Makes sense.
Not really. Let's go to lil techs then.
Pawn (A.I.) load weapon - old code said WeaponSet() Ambienglow bla bla twice (is already called). Next weapon coming forcing a switch when things wants to continue mess up RateSelf. Simply New weapon is only added and no operation is performed letting weapons to manage themselves by moving native in Inventory chain. Also Bot depending on tactical situation will choose a well suited one for that instance. I removed useless lines because this is not enforcer.

Second problem: I got rid of all Accessed Nones using Editor (since I don't have source-code).

Another problem is UT itself while loads ImpactHammer or Chaisaw because out said mutator doesn't set a DefaultWeapon. Engine loads default and suddenly gets screwed by mutator. Declaring a "defaultweapon" Engine loads it native NOT via replacements. The same for Translocator. If it's not allowed then we need something else - without checking Translocator Box some errors are solved. Also I have a custom one successfully replaced before FoodFight to react in mutators. And I removed NextPostBegin bla bla because They are loaded anyway morphing these to EVENT - EVENT won't be causing infinite recursions because can't be called (said WIKI).

I was rewriting my DM with a configurable option for weaponry since it seems to mastering CheckReplacement being faster than others, and calling NextMutator before doesn't help since mutator is not loaded yet - confirmed by logs. I have implemented a config in my DM to not touch weapons in case of other mutators added, letting them to manage game so now it works for me with 0 errors and "FryingPan" is has been default-ed for anyone.

Results: MBots kicked my butt at a moment while I've been looking at effects without to mind threats, LOL.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Thu May 14, 2015 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Downloaded. Will test it sometime later awhile trimming down the list of things to do.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Thank you very much sektor2111 !!
:highfive:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

This is gonna take a lot of analysis, but overall...
...looks fun as all get out!

Initially I'm checking it in bot matches: 9 bots, random maps, 50 kills or 10 minute time limit (whichever comes first) . Got the pinata mutator along with so all bots can get a full chance at all weapons in play. Later I'll hit it up on 1 of my favorite testing maps against bots & monsters.

So far I haven't seen any of the freezing bots mentioned in the ReadMe. Games got an even flow, even with excessive action in close quarters. However, I did spot 1 oddity:
Some of the weapons caused a tiny problem with Skaarj getting through doors. They don't normally have that issue.

Scoreboard looks nice but too stretched out:
Think it might be better to squish it in a bit, maybe 75% of screen instead of its current 100%. Might help the distortion a bit. Also, noticed you can't see the game time, usually at the bottom middle of the scoreboard screen.

I'm liking it...
...especially just seeing the weapons themselves.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:Think it might be better to squish it in a bit, maybe 75% of screen instead of its current 100%. Might help the distortion a bit. Also, noticed you can't see the game time, usually at the bottom middle of the scoreboard screen.
What screen resolution do you use?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:What screen resolution do you use?
Usually 800x600, though I had it up to 1280x980 yesterday. I reduced it back down to review your weaponspack because massively huge screenshots seemed unnecessary for a review.