LIVE FEED FROM

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
shockpl
Average

LIVE FEED FROM

Post by shockpl »

Hello again im trying to change "live feed from" change the color and size like white + bigger font + without pullsing
--> class ChallengeHUD like a mod for spectator --> http://ut-files.prv.pl/LIVEFFED.png
Can someone help me with any prompt ?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: LIVE FEED FROM

Post by papercoffee »

:shock: In what screen resolution do you play UT??
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

papercoffee wrote::shock: In what screen resolution do you play UT??
its no important :F coz I change resolutions many times and I want that mod in for spectator mode when is stream will be look mutch better :)
Help pls :F
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Is this a game you are hosting? If so then yeah, I can set that up for you.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

JackGriffin wrote:Is this a game you are hosting? If so then yeah, I can set that up for you.
Yes I need it for my stream and also for game uploaded to youtube, but not only for me also my mate want it just for spectating because on normal is unreadable :F
Like mutator on the server also is good idea, but mostly like 'spectate' mod client side.
If you can will be realy realy great I will be grateful ;)
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

No problem, it's an easy fix. What color and size text do you want? I can even change what it says.
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

JackGriffin wrote:No problem, it's an easy fix. What color and size text do you want? I can even change what it says.
If it easy and if you have time then thanks and realy nice Jack ;)
White color and size maybe like is in 'showscores' or just so big to read it in here: http://ut-files.prv.pl/LIVEFFED.png
Can you also turn off beeping\pulsing text there?
Can I please you for open source for making my own changes like color and size in .ucc file?
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

OK brother, here you go:
shockplHUD.zip
(19.03 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
In the zip is a mod and the source code. You will see two mutators in your list now. One is for DM games and the other is for team DM games. If you want to make this for assault, CTF, etc just follow my source code. I put in a bunch of notes throughout the code for you to learn from.

The ini file has this:

Code: Select all

[shockplHUD.shockDMHUD]
UseGreenColor=False  //pick a color you want to use
UseWhiteColor=False
UseGoldColor=False
UseBlueColor=False
UseLightCyanColor=False
UseSilverColor=False
UseBronzeColor=False
UseCyanColor=False
UseRedColor=True
UseLightGreenColor=False
UseDarkGreenColor=False
UseParchmentColor=False
UseFrigginDarkColor=False
UseSmallText=False     //pick a text size you want to use
UseMediumText=False
UseLargeText=False
UseHugeText=True
MyLiveFeed= My Live Feed from //you can change the message here :)
The code isn't written in the best way but I made it simple for you to understand it easier. Using my example you can now change text size, text color, and even the text itself anywhere in the HUD. OFC it's not THAT easy but it's really not that much more difficult either.

I know we have disagreed over how things should be done but I want you to know that if you choose to do things in the correct and accepted way there will be a lot of people who will step up to help you, and I'll be the first guy in line.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

If you stream in high resolutions it would also look much better with the hi-res texture packs on the capture PC
http://www.uttexture.com/UT/UT.htm
http://www.oldunreal.com/textures.html
You will need a modern video renderer to use large textures. Updates are available here;
http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=2
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

Jack thank you for that ;) hmmmm thank you for that variables of what I need and comments :tu: I still do not understand ... code ( I will try! ) and that will not help me with meaking what I realy neeed the <client side mod> for sure the variables will, that you have entered will help but how add them to <client side mod> is a magic for me.
Next step is for me to do a client side <--- mod ---> coz this will be work only on my server also I cant use it on other servers and in demomanager too :F
This is 90% what I need coz I want it to work on all servers where I will spectating and in demomanager not only on my server :help:
How to make another step towards to the <client side mod> like <specfix> works - http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Mods/ ... pecfix.zip ?
The best way is to add livefeedfrom changes what you maded to the existing specfix .. hmm
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

Great I was able to understand :) and as far as I did it on the client side, YEAH
REALY BIG THANKS JACK !!!

Only one more question how to add again there blinking effect?
//Here is your blinking. By removing 'TutIconBlink' I stop the flashing
//Canvas.DrawColor = CyanColor * TutIconBlink;

//this sets a default in case false is returned on all the checks
Canvas.DrawColor = CyanColor * TutIconBlink; // <----- so I added it here again but not blinking lol what can I do wrong?

/edit I made that ;)

can I pls you only about how code will look with :

defaultproperties
{
TutIconBlink=True
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

It won't blink because it's not declared as a variable in the class you are working on. I didn't leave it because I thought you didn't want it.

Lesson begins:

1) Go to http://uncodex-ut.host56.com/ and select "ChallengeHUD" from the left scroll menu.
2) Select "SOURCE" from the top menu. You are now seeing the source code for the parent class to the HUD you use. See line 76 where it says

var float TutIconBlink;
3) Copy that line to your class. You have now brought that variable into your current class. You do not need anything in DefaultProperties, remove that line.
4) Make sure your section still reads

//change//
      //Here is your blinking. By removing 'TutIconBlink' I stop the flashing
      //Canvas.DrawColor = CyanColor * TutIconBlink;

//this sets a default in case false is returned on all the checks
      Canvas.DrawColor = CyanColor * TutIconBlink;   <----this line is edited only

//do we want to change the color?
      if(UseGreenColor)
      	Canvas.DrawColor = GreenColor;
and make sure all your ini options for the other colors (UseGreenColor, etc) are false. NOTE: If any of them are true it will replace the blinking cyan color with a non-blinking other color and your test will fail.
5) Recompile the mod and test it. You should now have a blinking cyan message. Use this method to change the other colors to blinking if you want them to do that. Your code would look like this:

if(UseBronzeColor)
			Canvas.DrawColor = BronzeColor * TutIconBlink;
		if(UseCyanColor)
			Canvas.DrawColor = CyanColor * TutIconBlink;
		if(UseRedColor)
			Canvas.DrawColor = RedColor * TutIconBlink;
Hope that helps :)
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

YEA it works master :) thanks
about client side mod, rest I taked from cleanhud and changed it.
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

shockpl wrote:YEA it works master :) thanks
about client side mod, rest I taked from cleanhud and changed it.
Hey shockpl, would you mind sharing this? I like the idea of the mod and it being client side! I would greatly appreciate it! :D
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

You won't be able to run it purely client side id you are playing online. If you do hack it into your game it's for sure going to get you flagged as trying to cheat because you are making HUD alterations that are not part of what is currently running on the server.

I posted this more as a training tool on how to effect certain changes. However nothing stops you from running it as a server mutator and with some small changes you could allow the clients to make the choices on their end as to what they want.