Gustavo6046 Unnoficial Bonus Pack

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Gustavo6046 Unnoficial Bonus Pack

Post by Gustavo6046 »

"Like Inoxx Pack, it's my personal pack. It is so fun... I guess! I made my own UT Bonus Pack!! Wow! Hah!" - Gustavo6046 (me) after seeing it "works".

After one entire week (and half) of Mapping and Modding, I am finally very happy to say the Bonus Pack is open for everyone to download!
Why a new BP? Renew UT99 and add AS maps. Shame Epic never launched some opportunity to assault... say, a bank, in a BP...

The pack has some three maps, one nice GusPack class package, one (for-some-reason) necessary texture package GusPack.utx and one compiling utility tool called UCompiler which automatically does for you all the hard work. More info (and copyright info) in UCompiler and the BP's readme files and the sourcecode is here.

I know, it's written in Batch and it is better with C++ (UScript) or Python or Java or whatever you think it's better, but you asked the sourcecode, you got the sourcecode, what-you-see-is-what-you-get stuff. What better than finally a sourcecode after a week waiting? Yes, it's absurd, but if you won't complain Microsoft for making me write it in Batch or blame the gods (is always revenged with a thunder ) then this is your chance in time! Now with 100% discount! 0$ turned into 0$! Wait...

Update weekly or so or faster. Make sure to substitute any and every file copied from the BP to UT's folder as many of them have changed.

Download Links (removed)

Update info in the original website post.
Last edited by Gustavo6046 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Bonus Pack 5

Post by papercoffee »

:| screen shots?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Calling it a Bonus Pack might not really be the best thing since it doesn't fit with the past 4... I'd imagine it being worked by Epic only. Would've been nicer to just call it "Gustavo's Unofficial Bonus Pack" or something like that. Also I read the thread in your signature, and if you were to call it like I wrote, then you could add prefixes to the map names (DM-GUBP-Station etc.). Boom, both problems solved. :thuup:

Just a small nit pick but don't let that dis-motivate you. And yeah... screenshots would be nice ;)

Cheers!
Last edited by UnrealGGecko on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typos fixed, a few more words...
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I have a album of these screenshots on Imgur, and also spared the readme document in RTF format (readable by Windows WordPad or cross-platform LibreOffice)(although downloading the BP gives so many other readme formats in the Help folder).
This BP also includes bundled two maps of not-mine-authority, and such their screenshots aren't in the album: CTF-ColaWars, CTF-EternalCave2 and Gengar003's DM-Station from 2006. One special case is DM-Station, because that was the name of DM-SpaceParking before this.
Last edited by Gustavo6046 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

UnrealGecko wrote:Calling it a Bonus Pack might not really be the best thing since it doesn't fit with the past 4... I'd imagine it being worked byEpic only. Would've been nicer to just call it "Gustavo's Unofficial Bonus Pack".
Exactly my thought. Even {S.o.W}DeathMask made his own bonus pack and it was decent enough and wasn't claimed to be BP5.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Chamberly wrote:
UnrealGecko wrote:Calling it a Bonus Pack might not really be the best thing since it doesn't fit with the past 4... I'd imagine it being worked byEpic only. Would've been nicer to just call it "Gustavo's Unofficial Bonus Pack".
Exactly my thought. Even {S.o.W}DeathMask made his own bonus pack and it was decent enough and wasn't claimed to be BP5.
What happens is it is Gustavo6046's Unnoficial Bonus Pack, as commented in the UT Forums, not a official Bonus Pack. Check da album!
NO MORE BP5 YAY

--Edit by UnrealGecko--

Please help, the bots aren't going to the objectives in AS-PowerPlant even after I put an alternative path in v2.0! Evidently they are jumping perfectly in the Nuclear Energy Containment room's pillars, however I wish some did fell off them to give a nice touch to the map...

I have done a simple lamp. Copy the following text then paste anywhere in UnrealEd.

Code: Select all

Begin Map
Begin Actor Class=Brush Name=Brush71
    CsgOper=CSG_Add
    MainScale=(Scale=(Z=-1.000000),SheerAxis=SHEER_ZX)
    PostScale=(SheerAxis=SHEER_ZX)
    PolyFlags=32
    Level=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0'
    Tag=Brush
    Region=(Zone=ZoneInfo'MyLevel.ZoneInfo5',iLeaf=151,ZoneNumber=4)
    Location=(X=1472.000000,Y=-800.000000,Z=288.000000)
    bSelected=True
    Brush=Model'MyLevel.Model77'
    PrePivot=(X=-16.000000,Y=-16.000000,Z=-24.000000)
    Name=Brush71
End Actor
Begin Actor Class=Brush Name=Brush72
    CsgOper=CSG_Add
    MainScale=(Scale=(Z=-1.000000),SheerAxis=SHEER_ZX)
    PostScale=(SheerAxis=SHEER_ZX)
    PolyFlags=32
    Tag=Brush
    Region=(Zone=ZoneInfo'MyLevel.ZoneInfo5',iLeaf=151,ZoneNumber=4)
    Location=(X=1456.000000,Y=-816.000000,Z=240.000000)
    bSelected=True
    Brush=Model'MyLevel.Model78'
    PrePivot=(X=-32.000000,Y=-32.000000,Z=-4.000000)
    Name=Brush72
End Actor
Begin Actor Class=Light Name=Light24
    Tag=Light
    Region=(Zone=ZoneInfo'MyLevel.ZoneInfo5',iLeaf=144,ZoneNumber=4)
    Location=(X=1487.525269,Y=-784.219543,Z=207.899628)
    OldLocation=(X=1487.525269,Y=-784.219543,Z=207.899628)
    bSelected=True
    LightType=LT_SubtlePulse
    LightBrightness=115
    LightRadius=166
    Name=Light24
End Actor
Begin Actor Class=LightBox Name=LightBox0
    Tag=LightBox
    Region=(Zone=ZoneInfo'MyLevel.ZoneInfo5',iLeaf=141,ZoneNumber=4)
    Location=(X=1489.255493,Y=-781.861267,Z=53.000000)
    OldLocation=(X=1488.000000,Y=-784.000000,Z=208.000000)
    bSelected=True
    DrawScale=1.500000
    Name=LightBox0
End Actor
End Map
:gj:

New RTF doc.

Whoever still didn't update the pack, should do it now. -- re-downloading it and putting the files in the UT folder, as always. Please do so to have the most recent upgrades. v1.0 is now an untrustable version as of now (as no-patch, retail UT upon the release of UT:GOTY, BP4, ChaosUT, NW3 and, of course, this indispensable pack).

Why hasn't Epic released any AS map for UT yet, beyond the original ones? Someone know how to make a nice AS map? Because I don't personally think mine is good...
And review my maps!

Can I upload my UT99? It is special because it is real fun with many modifications and has much content bundled, while somewhat unstable...

No double-posting, use the edit button to update your posts!

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike

Re: Gustavo6046 Unnoficial Bonus Pack

Post by papercoffee »

Gustavo6046 wrote:Can I upload my UT99? It is special because it is real fun with many modifications and has much content bundled, while somewhat unstable...
Please NO.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

so many questions...

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

It's what I'm calling First-Blood-Head-Shot in your terms please make me understand what a Bonus-Pack is after your understanding, because I quit game at DM-Scar and for sure I don't want more...
[attachment=0]DM_Scar.png[/attachment]
PS: Chamberly loves PNG format because they are quality - PNG not the image above...
Edit:
Gustavo6046 wrote:ChaosUT, NW3 and, of course, this indispensable pack
:lol: :lol2:
Attachments
DM_Scar.png
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Of course I'm still learning to use Warp zones. I hate my maps... :(

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Gustavo6046 wrote:I hate my maps... :(
Then, why should we even think about to download your "BP"?? :???:
Even you, don't like it.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

You could use some beta tester before making it an official release? That way when your project sharpen the skills of stable show off, it'll be quite well. :)
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Yeah, in fact it is v2.01 Beta.
I made some nice gametype concepts!

Weapon of Destruction
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Is this KAAL?
So long, and thanks for all the fish
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

JackGriffin wrote:Is this KAAL?
LMAO..... That was good one Kelly and glad you still have a sense of humor OR were you serious LOL.