Querying Server [Nexgen/XC_Engine]

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
rdy2bz
Novice

Querying Server [Nexgen/XC_Engine]

Post by rdy2bz »

Hi guys,

I have quite a strange bug with my server which I cannot track down to a single mutator.
In the past I queried my server without any problems, everything was fine. One of the query strings I use is "\players\xserverquery\\echo\nothing"

Quite recently I updated my server with those mutators:
- Nexgen 112N
- XServerQuery 201
- XC_Engine 16 (+ XC_Core 3)

Now this happens: I connect with two players to the server, the match has not started yet. I get the following results

Code: Select all

\Player_0\test_one\CountryC_0\de\Ping_0\ 75\Time_0\32\Frags_0\0\Deaths_0\0\Health_0\100\Spree_0\0\Team_0\0\Mesh_0\Male Soldier\Skin_0\SoldierSkins.RawS\Face_0\SoldierSkins.Arkon
\Player_1\test_two\CountryC_1\none\Ping_1\ 15\Time_1\32\Frags_1\0\Deaths_1\0\Health_1\100\Spree_1\0\Team_1\1\Mesh_1\Male ARA soldier\Skin_1\UnrealShare.Skin.Jburst1\Face_1\None
\echo_replay\nothing\queryid\6.1\final\
Then I click ready, the match starts and with the beginning of the match the query result changes to this:

\Player_0\Player\CountryC_0\none\Ping_0\\Time_0\12\Team_0\255\Mesh_0\Spectator\Skin_0\None
\Player_1\test_one\CountryC_1\de\Ping_1\ 20\Time_1\74\Frags_1\0\Deaths_1\0\Health_1\100\Spree_1\0\Team_1\0\Mesh_1\Male Soldier\Skin_1\SoldierSkins.RawS\Face_1\SoldierSkins.Arkon
\echo_replay\nothing\queryid\22.1\final\
I checked, this happens not only to one specific connecting client, it's always "Player_0" that changes to that specatator with no useful information sent. So I ruled out a client misconfiguration.

Next thing I tried was to try and ask for the 'normal' mode with "\players\\echo\nothing" (xserverquery was still active on the server)

The result is that this problem persists:
before match start

\player_0\test_one\frags_0\0\ping_0\ 21\team_0\0\mesh_0\Male Soldier\skin_0\SoldierSkins.RawS\face_0\SoldierSkins.Arkon\ngsecret_0\true
\player_1\test_two\frags_1\0\ping_1\ 16\team_1\1\mesh_1\Male ARA soldier\skin_1\UnrealShare.Skin.Jburst1\face_1\None\ngsecret_1\true
\echo_replay\nothing\queryid\5.1\final\
after match start

\player_0\Player\frags_0\0\ping_0\\team_0\255\mesh_0\Spectator\skin_0\None\face_0\\ngsecret_0\false
\player_1\test_one\frags_1\0\ping_1\ 22\team_1\0\mesh_1\Male Soldier\skin_1\SoldierSkins.RawS\face_1\SoldierSkins.Arkon\ngsecret_1\true
\echo_replay\nothing\queryid\13.1\final\
I also messed around with Nexcen config (disabling nexgen match start, enable it again, disable name changing etc in all possible combinations)

The server.log doesn't show any warning or error at all, just standard login success:

DevNet: Join request: DM-Deck16][.unr?Name=test_two?Class=Aramale.Aramale?Team=1?skin=aramaleSkins.araa?Face=aramaleSkins.zagg?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?game=BotPack.TeamGamePlus
ScriptLog: Team 1
ScriptLog: Login: test_two
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: aramale DM-Deck16][.aramale0
DevNet: Join succeeded: test_two
NSC: [NSC-SYS] Login request for test_two
NSC: [NSC-SYS] IP       = 192.168.100.11
NSC: [NSC-SYS] ClientID = ACA41BCE-7A3C-6679-EC36-E588A56DC641
NSC: [NSC-SYS] Login accepted.
ScriptLog: ##### UTSTATS-Trigger: SUCCESS
DevNet: Level server received: JOIN
DevNet: Join request: DM-Deck16][.unr?Name=test_one?Class=Botpack.TMale2?Team=0?skin=SoldierSkins.RawS?Face=SoldierSkins.Arkon?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleTwo?game=BotPack.TeamGamePlus
ScriptLog: Team 0
ScriptLog: Login: test_one
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale2 DM-Deck16][.TMale4
DevNet: Join succeeded: test_one
NSC: [NSC-SYS] Login request for test_one
NSC: [NSC-SYS] IP       = 127.0.0.1
NSC: [NSC-SYS] ClientID = 764F3038-DDA7-E21F-0574-814CA4856CBA
NSC: [NSC-SYS] Login accepted.
Anyone there who can help?
Higor
Godlike

Re: Querying Server [Nexgen/XC_Engine]

Post by Higor »

That has to be one of the most annoying bugs in these queries, in every popular server running XServerQuery all spectators override some of the players.
Let's say, 10 players, 2 spectators.
You'll see: 8 players, 2 spectators.

10 players, 5 spectators.
You see: 5 players, 5 spectators.

It should be extremely easy to fix though.
Provided you can recompile XServerQuery, even from Unreal Editor (IpDrv has changes over UT versions and it may fail to do so)
rdy2bz
Novice

Re: Querying Server [Nexgen/XC_Engine]

Post by rdy2bz »

Oh, I didn't know that. So a workaround would be getting rid of that one spectator that I actually don't really know where that suddenly comes from. I strongly suspect Nexgen since all those year before I never ran into that bug.

Thanks!

*edit: found it! MODOSUtilsV25.AutoRecorder added the unwanted spectator.