Infiltration for UT

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
walmic

Re: Infiltration for UT

Post by walmic »

Hello to the whole community.
I'm looking for the newyurch40mm mutator for the mod "Infiltration" to be able to use all guns in the game. Does anyone know where I can find this mutator for the download yet?
Best regards walmic
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

You don't need to necro-bumb such an old thread.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

papercoffee wrote:You don't need to necro-bumb such an old thread.
Sometimes a memory refresh might be a bless or something new to learn.
My observation:
As long as you cannot see more servers running this mod this means is just another try to reinvent a broken wheel.
As I recall is probably that mod with reinvented pawns aka monsters which aren't child of ScriptedPawn, are something different causing mod to freeze game or crash game - feel free to experiment what happens when you spawn Cannons aka TeamMonsters in MH to make them kill a couple of ScriptedPawns = lock game, I tested personally such "party" and TaskManager helped me thanks to Micro$oft.
The logic is > None. They looks like the same original monsters, have even the same style of fight, a few projectiles are changed and all this "nice mod" will cause problems because default UT cannot deal with such "Pawns" only if has "add-ons" known only be very few people.
I still know some Arden map reached at version 08 which at the moment depending on occurrence will cause evil things or will run normally depending on situation. It can be v200008 and will do sucks as long as a pawn soup is proudly integrated in a game-type which is not supposed to run like that.
As for mutators - probably author did this in purpose to not see that work screwed with "cool" things to mess up initial idea and to be brutalized like happened into MH. At this point I'm agree to protect your idea against people's dumbness letting things in original for all new comers.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote: My observation:
As long as you cannot see more servers running this mod this means is just another try to reinvent a broken wheel.
As I recall is probably that mod with reinvented pawns aka monsters which aren't child of ScriptedPawn, are something different causing mod to freeze game or crash game - feel free to experiment what happens when you spawn Cannons aka TeamMonsters in MH to make them kill a couple of ScriptedPawns = lock game, I tested personally such "party" and TaskManager helped me thanks to Micro$oft.
The logic is > None. They looks like the same original monsters, have even the same style of fight, a few projectiles are changed and all this "nice mod" will cause problems because default UT cannot deal with such "Pawns" only if has "add-ons" known only be very few people.
I still know some Arden map reached at version 08 which at the moment depending on occurrence will cause evil things or will run normally depending on situation. It can be v200008 and will do sucks as long as a pawn soup is proudly integrated in a game-type which is not supposed to run like that.
As for mutators - probably author did this in purpose to not see that work screwed with "cool" things to mess up initial idea and to be brutalized like happened into MH. At this point I'm agree to protect your idea against people's dumbness letting things in original for all new comers.
I don't quiet understand what your post have to do with the thread ...it's about Infiltration, a team based realistic weapons Terror-Antiterror modification http://infiltration.sentrystudios.net/
MartiniPL
Novice

Post by MartiniPL »

while Infiltration had best, in my opinion, models of weapons as for UT99 mod, aswell as nice looking player models, it was ruined by 2 things after 2.6 relase:

1) huge maps. Way too huge. I recall hosting game with 16 players on lan (times, where Inf was very popular) and there were games where 2 players would seek eachother for whole time without result. Fast paced ones were non existent.

2) not intuivive GUI: i mean, I still don't know what some things are for, or what they do. Couple of friends played few days and were confused - thus, not liked the game feel.

Besides, I think long wait for new Inf, which was in developement for quite time, destroyed community - there was no Hype when they relased 2.6 (or was it 2.7?), and infamus P90 bug did't help at all.
http://projektnostalgia.phorum.pl - Tactical Ops 2.2 Mappack Echo and Server!!!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

And I had a package named InfiltrationUT.u having evil things in there, I'm not dreaming anything else.

Or it might be as Predator package: One is monster and other is player. If I have confused things - my bad.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote:And I had a package named InfiltrationUT.u having evil things in there, I'm not dreaming anything else.

Or it might be as Predator package: One is monster and other is player. If I have confused things - my bad.
Ah...ok, now I understand. It shares the same name but isn't the same mod.
walmic

Post by walmic »

walmic wrote:Hello to the whole community.
I'm looking for the newyurch40mm mutator for the mod "Infiltration" to be able to use all guns in the game. Does anyone know where I can find this mutator for the download yet?
Best regards walmic
So no one knows a answer to that?