some modding ideas

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: some modding ideas

Post by JackGriffin »

I can show you how to do this in 227. It's possible to tie the laser to a bone point on the model and it will orient/rotate/etc along with it. Watch my dragon videos closely and you can see that the fire breath emits right from the mouth even when the head is sawing back and forth or up and down. I attached the spawnpoint to it's jaw. This little addition is HUGE since you can tie anything to a model: hats, glowing eyes, a utility belt with live presentation of alternate weapons picked up as you grab them into inventory.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Let us port UT to Unreal and make the collected weapons appear on the body of the player :loool:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Seem to have wandered a smidge off the original topic, or original sword mentioned at the start of this thread... but a final bit on this one:
JackGriffin wrote:It's way overpowered though, pretty much a single hit weapon if you are not similarly armed.
Understandable as it's a lightsaber. We've all seen the movies, the thing cuts through anything and melts walls... through regrettably it doesn't melt through other people's swords if they're not using a lightsaber.

In a brief stretch when I was doing LAN at home, I did a few duels where players could use a lightsaber or a chainsaw or a chaosUT sword. Other than the Force push making things decidedly unfair (knocked all other players halfway across most maps in low grav) the lightsaber didn't damage the other weapons.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

If you had played it with the Chaos mod you would all have the Kick ability, which works the same as a force-push.
With the Chaos sword you can attack or defend while kicking.
The kick is my favourite way to humiliate a camper.
Creep quietly behind them and 1 swift kick up the arse to send them falling to their doom :satan:

I am not sure how the Chaos kick is done. It may be just using weapon knockback with no damage
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

I don't know, but does that count as a frag? I usually add that Don't Push Me mutator just to make sure pushing people to their deaths adds to my score.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Dr.Flay wrote:If you had played it with the Chaos mod you would all have the Kick ability, which works the same as a force-push.
With the Chaos sword you can attack or defend while kicking.
The kick is my favourite way to humiliate a camper.
Creep quietly behind them and 1 swift kick up the arse to send them falling to their doom :satan:

I am not sure how the Chaos kick is done. It may be just using weapon knockback with no damage
It seems I still have not played enough of ChaosUT... kicking???? :shock:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I believe you get a kill, though I will have to check.

Yup, the kick is very handy when surrounded by the hoard zombies.
You can also use it to boost team mates up or over something.

There is also a Kamikaze move available if you have enough rockets, though obviously kills you unless you have the relic of redemption.