Nuclear Races

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Nuclear Races

Post by UTPe »

Hi guys,
do you know maybe if this mod has been published somewhere or it's still under development ? it looks amazing ! :o

sr9LRvjXp5Q
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Nuclear Races

Post by JackGriffin »

I was going to work on this P but it didn't pan out. It's def playable as-is though. I ran a testing server and it's in pretty good shape. The only drawback is mapping for the gametype is involved. It needs some love though so if someone is willing to take on the forward dev of it I'd bet metal would love to talk to you.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

UTPe wrote:Hi guys,
do you know maybe if this mod has been published somewhere or it's still under development ? it looks amazing ! :o

<vid>
It's the Strangelove. It's already published in many places for a nice time already. How didn't you know? , :omfg:

Here it is! (officially) But it also has it's own website unlike most other UT mods. Again, how didn't you know? :omfg: :omfg: :omfg:
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Gustavo6046 wrote: It's the Strangelove. It's already published in many places for a nice time already. How didn't you know? , :omfg:

Here it is! (officially) But it also has it's own website unlike most other UT mods. Again, how didn't you know? :omfg: :omfg: :omfg:
Duh? Take a look at the title of the thread and watch the video - see if you notice anything unusual about the gameplay, the HUD and the on-screen messages. The query is about the mod Nuclear Races - how didn't you know? (Sorry, couldn't resist that but it's probably a good idea to think a little more before posting and possibly pissing people off).
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I already played Strangelove. It's Strangelove 2. It's the very same as of when I played it. There is no mod called Nuclear Races -- it's probably the description given by UTPE to "racing others, mounted in a Strangelove". Even the "woow" when you mount in one Strangelove is the very same! The video's title clearly states "SLV", short for "StrangeLove Mod"...
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Gustavo6046 wrote:It's the Strangelove. It's already published in many places for a nice time already. How didn't you know?
Strangelove isn't what he's referring to. Yes, that's what they're riding... but he's talking about a project, one of many, for a racing mod built around Strangelove use.
JackGriffin wrote:The only drawback is mapping for the gametype is involved.
I'm sensing another mapping contest!
Gustavo6046 wrote:There is no mod called Nuclear Races
Nuclear Races is a gametype that was proposed, and as the video above shows was somewhat developed. Think it first popped up a few years ago but then I didn't hear anything else about it. It looked promising and fun.

Details · http://www.moddb.com/mods/nuclear-races
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Wow, that clarifies everything! Thanks EvilGrins, u a handy man! My time to contribute! :) Why don't you check out DM-Tilde and have a bit of fun in it as a contribution?

Unless you think it isn't fun... :(

Weapon of Destruction
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

JackGriffin wrote:I was going to work on this P but it didn't pan out. It's def playable as-is though. I ran a testing server and it's in pretty good shape. The only drawback is mapping for the gametype is involved. It needs some love though so if someone is willing to take on the forward dev of it I'd bet metal would love to talk to you.
thanks for the infos Kelly, mapping for NR could be anyway interesting
hope to see this mod public one day, it really looks amazing and funny ! :tu:

Gustavo6046 wrote:There is no mod called Nuclear Races -- it's probably the description given by UTPE to...
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Oops, sorry. I though there wasn't such gametype. Probably only HappySmiles and UT Pocket Edition heard of it. (UT Pocket Edition? UTPE. Minecraft Pocket Edition? MC:PE. ;) )

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Gustavo6046 wrote:Why don't you check out DM-Tilde and have a bit of fun in it as a contribution?
This thread is for Nuclear Races, let's stick with that... but, for what it's worth, I intend to. Just only heard about that map today and I'm at work at the moment.
Gustavo6046 wrote:Wow, that clarifies everything! Thanks EvilGrins, u a handy man!
My Google-Kung-Fu is strong.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Has GF-Rex finally given up ?
We have not chatted for a while.
Unreal U-Racer stalled, and NR for UT. Poo, will nothing leave the starting grid ?
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I think they gave up. Like me when doing the Counter. :/

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Dr.Flay wrote:Has GF-Rex finally given up ?
Unless he's working elsewhere, there's been no work on his site since 2013 · http://www.unrealrex.com/
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I spoke with him a couple of times. He seemed pretty busy with real life stuff. Great guy though.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

A mapping contest sounds interesting indeed!
But the main problem isn't really the maps right now, but it is finishing the code/bugfixing.
It is pretty playable, but there are still some coding bugs that need to be solved (server tab stuff/ping/scoreboard and some more gameplay related bugs like the orange exhaust slv launch/spawn bug that you can see in this vid below).
GF-Rex won't be finishing NR I think, he's busy with his own life and isn't that deep into the NR code anymore. We just need a coder that can fix these issues.

Here's another video from a later playtest:
uYTuIgyIZ9o