Ultimate experimental nuke / Nali Weapons V1.4

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!

What do you think about Nali Weapons v1.4?

HOLY SHIT!! (5 stars)
64%
Good (4 stars)
27%
Playable (3 stars)
No votes
Could be better (2 stars)
5%
Poor (1 star)
No votes
WAAAY poor (0 stars)
5%

Total votes: 22

Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Ultimate experimental nuke / Nali Weapons V1.4

Post by Feralidragon »

GenMoKai wrote:the Enhanced Bolt Rifle feels a bit more deadly then the standard ESR (Enhanced Shock Rifle) :tu: but about those Cybots ? Well i dont know how they look exaclty or what to expect, maybe a little shot when possible ? (Im curious :oops: )
Sorry, I will show it only in the trailer before I release it.
At graphic level don't expect nothing Holy Sh*t! (as the rest of the pack)

Imagine just little capsules, of the size of a dinassaur egg, that transforms theirselves into weapons, bombs or simple stations to give health and ammo to the players (no transformation magic included, so it doesn't become a cybot out of sudden, you really see them transforming).
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

And as new weapons and bases, new remade pickups will be part of the pack as well.
So, a last shot until the release of the trailer, the new UDamage: NeoX UDamage:
shadow342
Average
Personal rank: UT map maker

Post by shadow342 »

Looks awesome, makes me thing a little bit of ut2k4 with the pickup base, but the chains look great :).
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

shadow342 wrote:Looks awesome, makes me thing a little bit of ut2k4 with the pickup base, but the chains look great :).
like he said,,,cool.

question - do the chains just fall "clanking" away once the pickup's made, or do they just disappear or what?
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Sergeant Todd wrote:
shadow342 wrote:Looks awesome, makes me thing a little bit of ut2k4 with the pickup base, but the chains look great :).
like he said,,,cool.

question - do the chains just fall "clanking" away once the pickup's made, or do they just disappear or what?
Well, since it's a shot, it seems that the chains are holding the UDamage, right? But it's not like that, the chains are part of the UDamage model. So, once you pick the UDamage up, the chains also disappear.

The sounds of this new UDamage are the also a bit different, as they are the original sounds a bit modified, to sound more heavy.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Since it seems people like nukes, and I already had a good opinion about one, I will leave the link to the video of 1 nuke, which is the 2nd most powerfull one of the pack, it's the MegaTon nuke. I already have shown this video just to 2 people, but since I haven't shown anything more than shots, I give you a recorded moment of what you should expect at the release:
http://files.filefront.com/MegaTonNukeF ... einfo.html

It's not a perfect nuke, it's just my atttempt to make a nuclear mushroom style explosion, so do not expect much. And UT kicked me very often on several things I wanted to add but I simply can't, due to lag or engine limitations. However, this nuke isn't laggy anyhow and it's very stable even server side.

Btw, if someone pretends to add this video to YouTube, please don't ( I ask this because I don't want to spoil this to everyone, just to a few forums related to this)
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Feralidragon,
Limitations shlimitations.......that's a damn good facsimile of a nuke detonation if you ask me! The explosion duration seems a little long....will the engine support the effects in the middle of a fragfest without a lot of FPS loss I wonder?.....very cool nonethless :D
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Sergeant Todd wrote:Feralidragon,
Limitations shlimitations.......that's a damn good facsimile of a nuke detonation if you ask me! The explosion duration seems a little long....will the engine support the effects in the middle of a fragfest without a lot of FPS loss I wonder?.....very cool nonethless :D
Thanks. :mrgreen:
About the duration, I even thought it was too short. But the explosion is very big, since it's more the scale of a true mini nuke relative to the world and players.
I can't sure you if there will be FPS reduction in a frag fest, but its performance is very good so far in the maps I have tested: CTF-Kosov for example. And it's not a weapon to use in a fast DM (since it's too big), it's more to use in bigger and more strategic maps (so there's no use for this weapon in DM-Deck16 for example).
The main objective of this weapon in this pack is more to use in my next gametype, which will be kinda like siege, but it will involve big maps, these and other weapons, as some vehicles.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

NEWS: Expect the first BETA release this week. (I already have the pack done and ready, but I want to make a trailer first, as organize my page with info about all the stuff)

About the filesize:
* 72M total uncompressed
* 40M compressed uz file (for server redirect)
* 30M compressed rar file (for normal download)
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Nice! Cant wait to test it :)
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Yay ! Finally some new toys to play with :ironic:
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

I really cant wait for them! :tu:
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

NEWS:

The release will take place between 29 and 30 January 2009, which means, by tomorrow or a day after.

By then, you can see exactly what the pack will have in my webpage/userpage (sponsored by ut99.org):
http://www.feralidragon.ut99.org/

Enjoy :)