Ultimate experimental nuke / Nali Weapons V1.4

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!

What do you think about Nali Weapons v1.4?

HOLY SHIT!! (5 stars)
64%
Good (4 stars)
27%
Playable (3 stars)
No votes
Could be better (2 stars)
5%
Poor (1 star)
No votes
WAAAY poor (0 stars)
5%

Total votes: 22

Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Ultimate experimental nuke / Nali Weapons V1.4

Post by Feralidragon »

Hello, i'm still young at this, but I am doing a single player mod, which includes this:

[youtube]-MaVtgD8fVo[/youtube]

NALI WEAPONS RELEASED: Here's the video:

[youtube]tBE5kUWoM_k[/youtube]

DOWNLOAD MIRRORS:

(first nuke isn't included, if you want it just to try or something, ask by sending me a PM, it doesn't worth a public release due to a large amount of bugs, performance hit and lame visual effects)

FILEFRONT DOWNLOAD

MEGAUPLOAD DOWNLOAD

NALI WEAPONS V1.4 RELEASED (NEW GUI ADDON AND MAJOR FIXES)

v1.3 to v1.4

Fixes:
- In a online game, when a team mate walked through your LandMines and StickyMines, they simulated always an annoying explosion, when they actually didn’t exploded at all (FIXED!)
- In a online game, when the MultiMissile Launcher locked in a target, it only seeked its target in 20% of the times, now it seeks almost always;
- When you grabbed a player and placed him in the water, he/she couldn’t simple swim (FIXED!)

Add-ons:
- Added a new Mod menu to configure the NaliWeapons, both mutator and the weapons themselves:
Mod > Nali Weapons v1.4 > Monster Hunt:
Here you can customize the Nali Weapons to the Monster Hunt games, like which weapons will be added, and which amount of ammo will each one have:
Max Ammo X – Multiplier of the default max ammo capacity of each weapon.
Ammo Amount X – Multiplier of the default ammo amount of each ammo pickup of each weapon.
Start Weapon Ammo X – Multiplier of the default ammo you get when you find a new weapon.

The checks only tell if that weapon will either or not appear in the game.

Mod > Nali Weapons v1.4 > Other Gametypes:
Here you can customize the Nali Weapons to the rest of the other gametypes, not MH, such DM, TDM, CTF, ect., like which weapons will be added, and another simple rules for game balancing. These settings don’t affect Monster Hunt games whatsoever. To set rules to MH, go to Monster Hunt tab.

Disarmable Sticky Mines – By default, sticky mines never get the possibility of getting disarmed, but if you want the Sticky Mines to be disarmable as the Land Mines, check this.

Combo No-player Attack – By default, the huge BoltRifle combo kills many players in range, but the combo is also needed to disarm mines. So, if you still want the possibility to disarm mines, but you don’t want that the combo kills the players, check this.

Graviton Vortex – By default, the Graviton has a powerful 1st Fire Mode which is a gravity vortex. So, if you want to have the Graviton in the game only with the grabbing function of its 2nd Fire Mode, check out this.

The other checks only tell if that weapon will either or not appear in the game.

IMPORTANT: The ‘Monster Hunt’ settings don’t affect ‘Other GameTypes’ settings, which means: Monster Hunt settings just for Monster Hunt games, and Other GameTypes for every gametype else. This is usefull for servers that have both Monster Hunt and another gametypes, and when you want to apply this mutator to both with different settings, as both mutator and weapons auto-detect the gametype, and apply to themselves the respective mod settings.

Opened issues/things which need a fix:
- The Miner has an issue, both offline and online, that is freezing the weapon sometimes. But it just takes to throw it away and pick it up again to pwn with it again.
- Only online issues:
a) When you create ice on the water with the Freezer, actually are created 2 visible bases, but just one is the “real” one, the other is just an illusion.
b) The full effect of the BoltRifle combo just doesn’t want to show up, but the major and critical effects do appear, so do not worry with this one.
Last edited by Feralidragon on Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Mirror Added - MegaUpload
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: Single Player Mod: "Mission Ultimate"

Post by Creavion »

pawned. Thats a really heavy nuclear explosion. Fits very good.

Hmm, no thumbsup smilie? hm.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

That's what I call nuclear. But I won't use it as a replacement for the redeemer. It's just not fit for arena battle. Just for taking out a leviathan in ut3.
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

I like this mod... would be funny to play with it in a very big map with 150% speed and low gravity! :D
Menderis

Post by Menderis »

hope you're not going to use it in dm maps :P
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

Post by Dare »

you would need a huge map to be able to use that! huge explosion would go through all the map even if it was a big one.
TheCorey
Experienced
Personal rank: Evil mapper

Post by TheCorey »

I think this would lagg alot online lol! But good job at coding it :P
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

Post by Dare »

Yeah, lag is a big problem for me on every server, even the fastest ones. But i suppose that is why it is a 'Single Player Mod'.
Blackcheetah
Novice

Post by Blackcheetah »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Wonder how it look with 100s of nali
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Dare wrote:Yeah, lag is a big problem for me on every server, even the fastest ones. But i suppose that is why it is a 'Single Player Mod'.
Yep, my mod is a single player one and it's not for LAN, what I mean is when I release the mod, it's a mod to play only against CPU on single player, there's no Co-op.

Why? Well, I know what "replication" is, but a Co-op it's just not my type, so I can't do a Co-op. And there is no point in the main story to have your "human" friends (other players) helping you out :wink:

And that explosion I just have shown it's not the biggest explosion that is going to be in the mod, there´s a much bigger one :twisted: "in space" muhahahaha :twisted: :twisted: (Think a "supernovae" for example :mrgreen: )
Blackcheetah wrote:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Wonder how it look with 100s of nali
Well, this explosion i have shown kills 5 million nalis during the "main story" introduction.
LiQuidFire
Average

Post by LiQuidFire »

lol, looks good. I have a feeling you'd end up killing yourself alot when using it tho :mrgreen:
hannibalbarca

Post by hannibalbarca »

wat the hell is this :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :bio:
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Poor nali. All they want is peace and they get nuclear bombs in their asses.
[MS]Kalku
Average

Post by [MS]Kalku »

omg!! nice
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Hmm sounds interesting, but please write more general information concerning your project. A short vid of some new explosion stuff doesn't really tell anybody about how your SP really feels and plays like (ganeplay/map descriptions and pics!).
If you plan to introduce a project to a community always try to use more than one feature/information.