(Idea) OwnerDeathMatch

Discussions about GameTypes
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

(Idea) OwnerDeathMatch

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Didn't know how to call it, if OwnerDeathMatch or SlaveryDeathMatch or Monopoly(which doesn't apply to players but to market).
It would be a team deathmatch, 1 different team for each player.
A victim(a player that gets fragged)(p1,team1) becomes of the team of the murderer(p2,team2), and so the victim couldn't frag the murderer(Friendly Fire MUST be OFF) (p1 went to team2).
Only if the victim, then, frags another player(p3,team3), that player will become of the team of that victim(p3 will be of team1), and the victim will go back to its native team(p1 went back to team1).

How does it end?
If time is up:
option 1) The one who converted the most people(like a simple deathmatch, the one who did the most frags) wins.
option 2) The one whose native team is the team where the most players are now in, wins.

If time is not up, someone would need to do this to win(which is pretty impossible/epic if there are many players in the match):
That someone must have fragged everyone without dying AND it must have been very fast since the ones already converted mustn't have fragged(converted) each other. (Logically that's the only possible way to win before time is up)
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Re: (Idea) OwnerDeathMatch

Post by nogardilaref »

Sounds interesting, although I wonder how confusing, tiring and convoluted it would quickly become, and how much this would play in favor of really good solo players.

It reminds me of the Infected gametype in games like CoD and AVA (Mutant in case of UT2004 I think), where 1 player starts as "infected", and then that player has to turn the other players into infected by killing them, however such players never go back from being "uninfected" and the infected players only have pretty much a knife or claws with a lot of stamina a speed, while the ones not infected have full equipment (automatic weapons, C4, armor, stuff like that).
The objective is for the not infected to stay that way until the time runs out (generally a few minutes, like 3 or 4 minutes tops), and for the infected and the ones turned into infected to turn everyone into infected.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Sounds like the game type from Quake3 Arena... Red Rover.
Two teams and every killed team member spawns as the opposite team member. But there is no going back if you frag an opponent. It's closer to the Infected gametype Nog mentioned. But both teams have to collect the weapons and pick-ups in the map like in a normal TDM.

I'm more keen to find a similar game mode like Gun Game from Counter Strike.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

That's very different from a TeamDeathMatch tho, or from the infected gametype, the Team in this case would just be an ID representing the belonging, Teams don't win, one player only wins, that's why it's very different. I have played Infected and a game type where you could kidnap enemies to make them become of your team in MGS5, players end up not to caring of what team they are in and not to caring about their points etc, some even will to be killed when they gets converted, it's like no one wins in the end. But in this case players would try not to get converted and if they get converted they would try to frag someone quickly.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"