Post by Myth »

An IntroDude playing with fire.
Clipboard02.jpg
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: UT99 War (New gametype)

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, I can't say much more now until you aplly a skin or show it in flatshaded, but the proportions are very good.
After that hover gots skinned, then I it will look kickass. :tu:
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Feralidragon wrote:Well, I can't say much more now until you aplly a skin or show it in flatshaded, but the proportions are very good.
After that hover gots skinned, then I it will look kickass. :tu:
Agree with Feralidragon, but question... Are there gonna be some "rotor-blades" in those wings like in the UT2k4 thingie?
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Yes, there are going to be rotor blades, I just didn't plan them out properly. I first thought of only adding a transparent sheet whit an animated skin, but It will look better if I add a lil more polygons there. I think I made the wing a little too big. They are both wide and thick. I'll have to modify that first. Also there are a few more bugs to be fixed. After that I'll start skinning it.
BTW, I'll also make a new projectile mesh whit explosion effects and all.
Also a big difference between this and the ut2k4 is that instead of jumping, you'll have somekind of jetpropulsionthing like in UT3's scorpion, and altfire is chargin' teh weapon like the dispersion pistol (spelled that correctly?) in the original unreal, and a loud engine that screams through the battlefield. Well, that's the concept at least, dunno how possible that is in UE1 (it should be just a lil extra scripting...).
I will provide all graphics/sound for this vehicle. Don't worry about those.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Myth wrote: Also a big difference between this and the ut2k4 is that instead of jumping, you'll have somekind of jetpropulsionthing like in UT3's scorpion, and altfire is chargin' teh weapon like the dispersion pistol (spelled that correctly?) in the original unreal, and a loud engine that screams through the battlefield. Well, that's the concept at least, dunno how possible that is in UE1 (it should be just a lil extra scripting...).
Well, about that, in Dots vehicle system, the hover physics specifically, the jump function is called you press player jump too. Every vehicle have 2 fire modes (where the second can be either a zoom or a normal shooting as well).
It just takes to override his hover jump function and replace by jetpropulsion (change from jump to instant rise of speed and some cool effects), and the charging thing, again it just takes to place a charge function to be called from 2nd fire instead of zoom or normal fire.

But, there are several bugs in his system, like the hover falls into the water, and it shoudn't, but until then or Dots fix that part or I have to subclass the hover physics and "fix" that part.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Re: UT99 War (New gametype) - [ON HOLD]

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, it's like this, unless someone starts this now, I have to place this gametype in "on hold" state.

So, for the ones who started the vehicles, you can finish them, because I will use them in the future in this gametype. And I think I own you an explanation, specially because I usually really finish the stuff I announce.

It's the next, I simply have to finish some stuff first, and some of that stuff I will also aplly to the gametype.
So, I have to do:
- Pickups and armor for 2nd UT99 mappack
- A map (actually 2 versions of it)
- New weapons and vehicles
- Well this one I won't tell until I show something for recruitment (unlike some people), which means, when I really start it, it's a surprise (not exactly as I mentioned it a while ago, but this time is for real)

Only after all this gets done, I will be able to build this gametype, that is, if someone is still interested in it, as now only a few got interested.

Some people requests me maps and scripts/mods/fixes for UT, so now don't request to me now anything, I'm really glad in contribute and help the community, I learn stuff with the things I do and I really like doing them, requested or not, but for now, just request stuff to anybody else, as I am not the only coder here, and I only do this stuff since this year, so you really will prefer somebody that has way more experience than me, as older coders can do stuff more clean, optimized and bugless.

Thank you all for the support so far :tu:

[ON HOLD]