Unreal 1 Hardcore/Turbo Help

Discussions about GameTypes
Acoma
Average

Unreal 1 Hardcore/Turbo Help

Post by Acoma »

is there a way to play singleplayer in unreal using the hardcore and turbo gamemode settings?

the string for these options are bHardCoreMode and bMegaSpeed which im sure youre familiar with if youve played ut99

these settings only exist for [UnrealShare.DeathMatchGame] and won't work in any other gametype, including [UnrealShare.SinglePlayer]

the only way ive gotten it to work is by starting a deathmatch game with no bots and bNoMonsters set to false, but after reaching a level change even with bCoopWeaponMode enabled i lose my weapons and items

does anyone know of a mutator, or could anyone make a mutator, for unreal 227 to enabled these options in singleplayer?

for anyone that doesn't know;
Hardcore is 50% higher damage, 10% higher overall game speed and jump height than Classic mode and it's the default mode for the SP ladder. Turbo mode is like Hardcore mode, but with 20% higher jumps than classic mode and with 40% faster movement.
BTW: Jump Match and Jump Boots always set the jump height to 300% of the Classic mode jump height. Air control is not affected by the Classic/Hardcore/Turbo choice.

Later UT games always use 110% game speed on the PC and 100% on the consoles. Their air control and movement cannot be compared to UT as the map/player scale is entirely different. UT3 even allows custom air control for individual jump pads, usually to prevent players from landing elsewhere than what the mapper had in mind.

Wormbo,Sep 12, 2010
FXANBSS
Skilled

Re: Unreal 1 Hardcore/Turbo Help

Post by FXANBSS »

I want to know how it's done too, but in Unreal Tournament, in Oldskool.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

There is for me... but I'm special:

Truth to tell, I've got no idea where I got that gametype... but it's handy. I can also play SP with any weapons mutator I want too... and sometimes bots (though that's risky given limited spawnpoints common to SP).

If it's a single SP map you need to rename it so SP- is at the start of the map filename, which works fine if it's a series of SP maps. You end the renamed map and it will automatically switch to the next map in the series (so you don't have to rename all the maps).

Re-post from "Screenshots for Fun" thread:
Spoiler
Screenshots from checking out this · http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5451

Kinda played this as I do MonsterHunt, I'm not a big SinglePlayer kinda guy. Used to having at least 1 bot watching my back... but not this time.

I've got a SinglePlayer gametype emulator, of sorts, but it didn't see the maps at first. Until I added SP- to the beginning of one filename. After that, turns out once you beat one map it automatically shuffles you off to the next map. Even without renaming them all. Since then, I've been slowly working my way through them.

Given the Stargate theme, I've been using the Goa'uld Staff Weapon mutator very successfully on it.

Only really had 2 problems:
1) Using items: UT isn't configured the same way as Unreal1, can't just hit F2 to use the translator. Also no idea how to use anything I pick up while playing.

2) All messages on these maps are in Czech, which I can't read.

Technically 3 problems: When I found the 1st Stargate, I ran up, dodging enemy fire, just to activate it. In the series anything caught in the splash of the gate gets killed...

...doesn't work like that on these maps, apparently.

There's 40+ maps, I've only gotten to level 7 so far.
Choosing Hardcore or Turbo is the same as it would be for any other gametype, with this SP emulator.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

You might want to share it?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:You might want to share it?
Have to find it first. There's no filenames I see that come close to "SP" or "SinglePlayer".
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I skimmed what UnrealGecko submitted above, and while there's stuff in there I don't have... the rest I do.

That's probably it.