Last Man Standing with Monsters

Discussions about GameTypes
User avatar
Swank
Average
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:55 am

Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by Swank » Thu May 12, 2016 4:09 pm

So I finally got my monsters to attack bots :D but there's something else I want to know. During a last man standing match, if a monster kills a bot, the bot will surely die but he does not lose any lives. Is there a way to have the game think a bot died from another player thus taking a life away?

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 8956
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by EvilGrins » Fri May 13, 2016 2:43 am

Yep. This is why I use MonsterSpawn in LMS. So campers can get killed by monsters (cuz nobody can resist shooting a random monster) and they have to move from their hiding space without losing any lives.

I kinda like it.

I set it to not spawn monsters in for about 5 minutes; average LMS match lasts about 9 minutes... and I select monsters that're tough and good at killing folks:
Spoiler
Show
[MonsterSpawn203.MonsterSpawn]
AllowMonsterReplacement=False
AllowRespawns=True
MinutesTillRespawn=5
SPawnSkill=4
SpawnAtStart=False
HowManyLists=3
MaxList1Monsters=8
MaxList2Monsters=8
MaxList3Monsters=8
MonsterList1[0]=keekalien.alienpawn
MonsterList1[1]=insekt.insekt
MonsterList1[2]=_oWo_TallyHoPkg_104a.miniqueen
MonsterList1[3]=utmhpack.eant
MonsterList1[4]=Hunters.WarlordHunter
MonsterList1[5]=scorpion.scorpion
MonsterList1[6]=keekalien.alienpawn
MonsterList1[7]=insekt.insekt
MonsterList1[8]=_oWo_TallyHoPkg_104a.miniqueen
MonsterList1[9]=utmhpack.eant
MonsterList1[10]=Hunters.WarlordHunter
MonsterList1[11]=yeen.miniyeen
MonsterList1[12]=keekalien.alienpawn
MonsterList1[13]=insekt.insekt
MonsterList1[14]=_oWo_TallyHoPkg_104a.miniqueen
MonsterList1[15]=utmhpack.eant
MonsterList1[16]=Hunters.WarlordHunter
MonsterList1[17]=scorpion.scorpion
MonsterList1[18]=keekalien.alienpawn
MonsterList1[19]=insekt.insekt
MonsterList2[0]=predator.predator
MonsterList2[1]=MHPredator.MHpred
MonsterList2[2]=ElectricKrall.ElectricKrall
MonsterList2[3]=hunters.iceskaarjhunter
MonsterList2[4]=asgard2.packhunter
MonsterList2[5]=jurassic.Velociraptor
MonsterList2[6]=predator.predator
MonsterList2[7]=MHPredator.MHpred
MonsterList2[8]=ElectricKrall.ElectricKrall
MonsterList2[9]=hunters.iceskaarjhunter
MonsterList2[10]=asgard2.packhunter
MonsterList2[11]=jurassic.Velociraptor
MonsterList2[12]=predator.predator
MonsterList2[13]=MHPredator.MHpred
MonsterList2[14]=ElectricKrall.ElectricKrall
MonsterList2[15]=hunters.iceskaarjhunter
MonsterList2[16]=asgard2.packhunter
MonsterList2[17]=jurassic.Velociraptor
MonsterList2[18]=predator.predator
MonsterList2[19]=MHPredator.MHpred
MonsterList3[0]=LmTPack.GiantBombbag
MonsterList3[1]=asgard2.minion
MonsterList3[2]=baron.baron
MonsterList3[3]=imp.imp
MonsterList3[4]=HellDemon.HellDemon
MonsterList3[5]=Celd.Retaliator
MonsterList3[6]=asgard2.manta111x
MonsterList3[7]=Celd.CeldQ
MonsterList3[8]=cyclone2.ninja
MonsterList3[9]=zombi.zombi7
MonsterList3[10]=SantaBrute.Apux
MonsterList3[11]=SantaBrute.Santax
MonsterList3[12]=zombi.zombi13
MonsterList3[13]=SantaBrute.Rix
MonsterList3[14]=Celd.CeldRage
MonsterList3[15]=LmTPack.GiantBombbag
MonsterList3[16]=asgard2.minion
MonsterList3[17]=baron.baron
MonsterList3[18]=brainbag.brainbag
MonsterList3[19]=HellDemon.HellDemon
bLogSpawnedMonsters=True
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
Swank
Average
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:55 am

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by Swank » Fri May 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Most of these monsters don't spawn for me. Am I doing something wrong? :noidea

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by OjitroC » Fri May 13, 2016 4:41 pm

You have MonsterSpawn203 installed? (There is a later version 303 which supports a greater number of lists)

Do you have all those monsters installed (they are in *.u files)?

If bLogSpawnedMonsters=True, then your UT.log will tell you which ones did/didn't spawn.

User avatar
FXANBSS
Skilled
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by FXANBSS » Fri May 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Note: The last MonsterSpawn version is 304.

I has 100 lists, and you can put 60 monsters in every list, so you are able to put 6000 monsters on it, still not enough to put all the monster universe on it.

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 8956
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by EvilGrins » Fri May 13, 2016 7:47 pm

Swank wrote:Most of these monsters don't spawn for me. Am I doing something wrong?
Most of those monsters you probably don't have.
OjitroC wrote:You have MonsterSpawn203 installed? (There is a later version 303 which supports a greater number of lists)
I didn't know there was a newer version.
OjitroC wrote:Do you have all those monsters installed (they are in *.u files)?
Swank clearly doesn't but obviously I do.
FXANBSS wrote:Note: The last MonsterSpawn version is 304. I has 100 lists, and you can put 60 monsters in every list, so you are able to put 6000 monsters on it, still not enough to put all the monster universe on it.
I don't know that i need quite that many monsters for LMS. I only spawn in like 4 or 5 at any given time.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
Swank
Average
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:55 am

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by Swank » Fri May 13, 2016 8:27 pm

Well I tried some of the monsters in your list EvilGrins, they definitely do the job of killing bots but it still doesn't cause the bot to lose any lives, they only lose lives when they are killed by other bots, which is kind of a shame cause I enjoy the idea of everyone battling while having to avoid an enormous entity somewhere in the map.

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 8956
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by EvilGrins » Fri May 13, 2016 9:03 pm

That's the beauty of them, they can kill players in LMS without taking away their limited number of lives. Hell, when I'm low on health I sometimes let a monster kill me so I still have all my lives still and full health as well.

If you want a monster to kill players that actually takes away their lives, try this:

summon unreali.skaarjplayerbot
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
Swank
Average
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:55 am

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by Swank » Fri May 13, 2016 9:26 pm

EvilGrins wrote:That's the beauty of them, they can kill players in LMS without taking away their limited number of lives. Hell, when I'm low on health I sometimes let a monster kill me so I still have all my lives still and full health as well.

If you want a monster to kill players that actually takes away their lives, try this:

summon unreali.skaarjplayerbot
That works quite nicely! While we're on the subject, do you happen to have an aggressive monster of some sort that has an insane amount of health that I can use sort of like a raid boss during a game? I've been using Titan's and Queen's, which work great but they don't put up well against focused fire.

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 10178
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by papercoffee » Fri May 13, 2016 9:37 pm

You asking him if HE has some strong monster to put it in a map?
You must be new h... oh you are.
Grins give him the Reaper ;) I'm certain he'll like the challenge.

User avatar
Swank
Average
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:55 am

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by Swank » Fri May 13, 2016 10:55 pm

papercoffee wrote:You asking him if HE has some strong monster to put it in a map?
You must be new h... oh you are.
Grins give him the Reaper ;) I'm certain he'll like the challenge.
Yeah I am new xD I'm also the type of douche who plays monster hunt maps with dispersion pistols only :mrgreen:

But yeah, I'd like to meet this Reaper.

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 8956
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by EvilGrins » Sat May 14, 2016 10:22 am

Swank wrote:do you happen to have an aggressive monster of some sort that has an insane amount of health that I can use sort of like a raid boss during a game?
I had 2 different ones in mind, the ElectricKrall & the MHPredator...
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/101361.html
...but papercoffee suggested this one.
Swank wrote:I'm also the type of douche who plays monster hunt maps with dispersion pistols only, But yeah, I'd like to meet this Reaper.
It was nice knowing you · http://www.mediafire.com/download/cor50 ... n-Grim.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
Swank
Average
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:55 am

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by Swank » Sat May 14, 2016 2:26 pm

papercoffee wrote:You asking him if HE has some strong monster to put it in a map?
You must be new h... oh you are.
Grins give him the Reaper ;) I'm certain he'll like the challenge.
EvilGrins wrote: I had 2 different ones in mind, the ElectricKrall & the MHPredator...
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/101361.html
...but papercoffee suggested this one.
It was nice knowing you · http://www.mediafire.com/download/cor50 ... n-Grim.zip
Image

Image

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by OjitroC » Sat May 14, 2016 2:41 pm

@Swank - that's the wrong Reaper - what you want is the GrimReaper - in the Attachments to EG's last post.

User avatar
Swank
Average
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:55 am

Re: Last Man Standing with Monsters

Post by Swank » Sat May 14, 2016 2:53 pm

OjitroC wrote:@Swank - that's the wrong Reaper - what you want is the GrimReaper - in the Attachments to EG's last post.
OH right! I assumed I already had the monster because of a reaper file that I had. But damn, this guy is strong!