GusPackII [Beta 7]

Discussions about GameTypes

Re: GusPackII [BETA 2 RELEASED]

Postby Gustavo6046 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Those stupid codes are older codes. I had to clean those up, but I had no time to. Tonight I'll just remove them since they aren't used anywhere. I'll check those bad Classes. You are looking at the wrong location. I suggest looking at AutoRocket, MushMatch or OldVolume. Also, most have been tested. I'll remove all that don't
work in the cleanup Beta 3 version (which will also include an ingame IRC bridge to the chat).

EDIT: So I cleaned up. But it is too hard to mess with chat messages. :/
You spin me right round
Gustavo6046
Masterful

Personal rank: Unroyal?

Re: GusPackII [Beta 6]

Postby Gustavo6046 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:57 pm

On the update to Beta 6 (and yes, there was a Beta 5) I added the possibility for humans to detect the team of a body if it wasn't gibbed (otherwise it's automatically detected after 3 seconds), and some fixes. Why do I say this? Because this project is
  • open-source (meaning that it's UnrealScript source code is and will always be free for everybody),
  • never-ending (which means it will never be in a finished state, so that I don't impose a limit on my improvements) and
  • experimental (which means the shit you see here may change, and the shit you see here is by NO means meant to be a good product, but rather an experimental one).

Therefore I want people to not insult me for the fact I'm not a perfect programmer (and, out of curiosity, who is?), after all I have my failures, but they're NOT what I want to show. I've been updating this thing in vain? NO way! If somebody is going to see it I'm appreciating it, but if not don't just fuck everything up due to simply "stupid codes" (and, grammar nazi mode on, that is incorrect usage of a word with NO plural).

P.S. sorry for the badwords, I'm stressed with my bros lately.

EDIT: Then comes a problem: the gibmsg is always broadcasted even when the UTHumanCarcass is not found.
You spin me right round
Gustavo6046
Masterful

Personal rank: Unroyal?

Re: GusPackII [Beta 6]

Postby sektor2111 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Tell to Mr. Grammar from inside you that "stupid codes" have a good meaning in translations because is CORRECT, however "Stupids codes" might do a blue screen at G00gle translation server :agree1: , and YES you don't have too much clue about english grammar - like me after all :mrgreen: .
Tell to your brother that you have important things to do and ask it politely to leave you alone because these beta things might get a sudden turn into betadine :lol: .

EDIT: MUSHMATCH feedback:
Game do seems to work under XC_Engine but, something does lags and I'm speaking about an easy map (a DM-3072 one from contest). Some SetBotOrders errors are around but not evil logs.
To be honest, probably this game-type runs a bit better than those "Pawns" which "mature" people are doing - shame on them. It looks like you have improved a bit your way of doing which is Good.
At mutators chapter ... maybe I have to wait a while until to find some purpose for them...
My UT Mapping works...
sektor2111
Godlike

Personal rank: 0.11

Previous

Return to GameTypes