MonsterHunt types

Discussions about GameTypes
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: MonsterHunt types

Post by sektor2111 »

At a moment I suspect that simulated things done for authoritative actions might do nasty things, client should not be involved in authoritative decisions of server (damaging, some movement, etc.) - they might go off timing - just my 2 cents here because I was witnessing such a package crashing client and not crashing when was not a package, just a server-side. I took that in account at "Net-Experiences" chapter - it was a teleporting related stuff - once removed from client it did not crash any more...
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Hi,
i use this config in my server:

CustomGameConfig[1]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt",NewPrefix="MH",mutators="HitmanModv8.Stats,HitmanModv8.MH2PlayerLog,HitmanModv8.HittyBase,BTCheckPointsCE.BTCheckPoints",Settings="MaxSpectators=12,MaxPlayers=18,bTournament=False,bUseTranslocator=True,FragLimit=0,TimeLimit=120,GameSpeed=1.000000")
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Quick question: Are the monsters included in the original MonsterHunt.u still in the updated versions?

Specifically, I'm referring to the LavaTitan more than anything else.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

As far as I can tell, using UTPT.exe, MH504 has the Lava Titan (plus Lava Slith and Water Titan) and MH2_NS_V2 has a number of monsters but none of these - no Lava Titan.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

OjitroC wrote:As far as I can tell, using UTPT.exe, MH504 has the Lava Titan (plus Lava Slith and Water Titan) and MH2_NS_V2 has a number of monsters but none of these - no Lava Titan.
False thoughts. MH2_NS_V2 is a GAME-TYPE running a default MH map with default Titans and all original MH stuff, But it is NOT for Mapping for having creatures inside, just for a few replacements. MH2_NS_V2 will run maps with LAVATitan and all those things exactly as a DM map runs on LastManStanding game-type. MH504 has LavaTitan because it is intended to replace 503 (you cannot have 2 files called MonsterHunt.u, right ?) and it will need that because maps are calling it "MonsterHunt.LavaTitan" but I DID NOT see any map calling class "MH2_NS_V2.LavaTitan" because that thing doesn't exist so mapping such stuff is not possible without hacking map. Or you don't understand what is MonsterHunt.u and what is MH2_NS_V2.u ?
Explanations then:
- MonsterHunt game-type is based on a file named MonsterHunt.u containing some stuff and used for default MH mapping as well;
- another file called different do includes a sort of MonsterHunt game-type but is not the original game. Because of this "hackish" method these "extra" MH versions needs a new MonsterEnd trigger or else game will never end - they are not MH in original so their internal stuff is not used in default MH maps these being "ATTACHED" MH versions. They don't even need Monsters from original MH because doesn't make sense. These are ONLY for running MH maps in better conditions.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, I understand that MH2_NS_V2 is a game-type and not for mapping; and I understand that it will run maps with Lava Titans in. I merely understood and answered EG's question directly and literally - I presume (though I don't know) that EG wishes to place Lava Titans in maps and to do so, if he were running MH2_NS_V2 as his game-type controller, he would need to keep one of the older versions of MonsterHunt.u that contain the Lava Titan (unless, of course, it is to be found in another package and I am not sure that it is). So, with the greatest of respect, what I said is not false - MH2_NS_V2 does not include a Lava Titan though it will run maps with them in, no doubt in a much better way than other MH versions.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Each MH map needs MonsterHunt.u not only for Titans included in file, but because of embedded MH things self called - MonsterEnd is one of factors involved, then Attached versions are using that file as dependency because it do calls a replacement for MonsterEnd. The old file is always needed even if you run any of a thousand of MH games. Also maps are using MonsterEvent, MonsterWayPoint, those are direct involved part of MH mapping, and then called by map with any matter, any MH game coded post MH release won't run without these referenced things.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@sektor2111 - yes, I see - didn't really fully understand that before.

I've used MH2_NS_V2 in playing the Dark Forest map and monsters are more aggressive and challenging but
  • 1 The team monster Krall (Crimson Guard) seem unable to inflict any damage on other monsters
    2 All the actors in the map appear in ghostly form - which is a bit distracting - should this happen?
    3 Is there a way to disable the CorpseFlies and CorpseRats as they also are rather distracting?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

OjitroC wrote:1) The team monster Krall (Crimson Guard) seem unable to inflict any damage on other monsters
The Crimson Guards are using 'UnrealShare.DAmmo5' that has a damage of 75. Considering the high health of the Monsters it can take a while for a Crimson Guard to kill them.
OjitroC wrote:3) Is there a way to disable the CorpseFlies and CorpseRats as they also are rather distracting?
A quick view into the code (ExCreatureCarcass.uc) shows that setting bNastyCorpse=False should do the thing.
How to create a list in forum

Code: Select all

[list=1]
[*] first entry
[*] second entry
[/list]
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie is right... Moving...
Meh, MH related probing latest notes. A sort of MH race diary:
- I was adjusting a bit MH_A_V2 probably it will be MH_A_V3 - an attached MH using some regens and which will need some checks at mutator if admin/player doesn't want any replacement or if wants old and UT replacements according to regen rescalling requests - purpose is not really for gaming even if can be gaming ready but it is for sharing/stealing codes purpose - excuse me but I'm not disturbed if anyone steal codes written by me and adjustments by me.
Else for some perhaps XC collision deals I wrote some stuff in whatever "MBot_F" in hoping to never see Bot hanging at some wall like a retarded and stupid useless SpiderMan - I need support in battle not a Bot's exposure on walls heavy to unlock VIA orders/firing etc because stupid Bot is Not a TENTACLE. I say hoping because I did not entirely figure what's wrong in that moment, but... if such things will still occur, then I'll write a debugger tool logging all data from Bot which might happen in that time (state, physics, collision, etc.) helping me to do a proper unlocker in XC_Boost brain using Brute-Force with any matter :mad2: . Also I wrote something for a bunch of Bots blocking each-other like morons (Bump seems to not get called that much in here... so I have to write UScript checkers - thanks Engine, for your cooperation or other such collision deals) - more testing is required here.
Third attack - teleporters crapping telefrag - I've modified my TelTweak server-tool implementing paths bugging for blocked teleporter (when Bot goes retarded nearby teleporter) until teleporter's Karma will gibb any life form trying to block it abusive for some time (last maps which I did are the testing ground here). Better results have been found, Bot is teleporting, next one will wait a bit (because paths are locked) and then moving forward politely. In rare case might go off timing but that is not a tragedy.
To summarize:
Server doesn't crash, but there are annoying events happening rarely but still happening, and which I don't need to see.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I don't get MH. At all. What is the problem with old Unreal? Can't we just copy Botpack.u there - without distribution of course -, along with other dependencies, and run the map afterwards? Oh, UT99 has a slightly different engine. But MH is a redundancy, or almost so, given it won't run maps from Unreal due to the "missing" waypoints and end spots that are EXCLUSIVELY on MH maps... It's bot support sucks as well, but since Unreal never acknowledged of those bots and their special classes e.g. Translocator, I wouldn't say it's a bad attempt.

Easier is to detect those end Teleporters by looking for ".unr" in the URL, and spawning there an InventorySpot of super high desireability, or making it the attack goal for bots in the gametype. This won't automatically support Unreal maps due to partial pathing and little to no Lift marking on triggered doors... but it's a good start.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Gustavo6046 wrote:Easier is to detect those end Teleporters by looking for ".unr" in the URL
In case you are referring to Teleporter's URL pointing to another level or server - see Teleporter.uc:
Spoiler

class Teleporter extends NavigationPoint 	native;
#exec Texture Import File=Textures\Teleport.pcx Name=S_Teleport Mips=Off Flags=2
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Teleporter URL can be one of the following forms:
//
// TeleporterName
//		Teleports to a named teleporter in this level.
//		if none, acts only as a teleporter destination
//
// LevelName/TeleporterName
//     Teleports to a different level on this server.
//
// Unreal://Server.domain.com/LevelName/TeleporterName
//     Teleports to a different server on the net.
//
var() string URL;
So the detection of such a travelling teleporter is:

(InStr( URL, "/" ) >= 0) || (InStr( URL, "#" ) >= 0)
See also thread SBMutFixTeleportersURL.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Oh, thanks. I haven't been in great conditions for such small details.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@Barbie - thanks for showing me how to do a numbered list - I think you've shown before but I had forgotten.
Barbie wrote:The Crimson Guards are using 'UnrealShare.DAmmo5' that has a damage of 75. Considering the high health of the Monsters it can take a while for a Crimson Guard to kill them.
My fault there - I should have said that the Crimson Guard inflict NO damage on other monsters - I'm running the MHHud.MHHudBase mutator and this tells me the health of monsters - I watched two of the Crimson Guards attacking a Lava Titan for several minutes and the Titan's health did not change despite numerous hits with DAmmo5 and with the Kralls' staffs. Later, after I killed the Titan, I watched the Crimson Guard attack ExFlies, ExRats and imps and again they did not/could not inflict any damage.
Barbie wrote: A quick view into the code (ExCreatureCarcass.uc) shows that setting bNastyCorpse=False should do the thing.
I see I was using an earlier version of MH2_NS_V2 whch didn't have that in.

I had this entry in the log "ScriptWarning: Counter MH-EG-DARKFOREST_HELL.Counter1 (Function Engine.Counter.Trigger:018E) Accessed None" - the counter/trigger is for the barons and the entry is odd as the trigger works OK using MH504 but now it doesn't.
Last edited by OjitroC on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Point 1) I sustain what I'm saying that U227 is not UT, regarding to small compatibility, classes are different configured so I'm that one which is not making a soup mixing UT crap with the newer U227 because these don't work well together, I know MH for U227 being based on a guessed code LOL. Other maps doesn't have any compatibility due to "UTMenu" involved.

Point 2) - Deception chapter - I'm sorry "Art Pipuu" but you are a lost noob mapper. Today my daughter was giving me a lesson of life: Do not fix rammed retarded craps or else maps goes broken.
We have the map MA-SittingTitans. While Titans are intended to stand up triggered via an event Instigator, sometimes when Titan falls accidentally in Acid, will be killed by NONE (null) Instigator making those "sittingtitans" to never come to live. In default MA game with Bots, old crapped code was awaking everything (SkaarjStatues, Sitting Titans, etc.) If in 2017 code works as for players, Titans stay sleeping, if Instigator meant to awake them is "Corroded" due to stupid crap acid added in battle zone, nothing will ever awake those Titans breaking map forever. Thanks for mapping idea and for idiotic framed screenshot. Now I'm gonna delete the crap out of my playground. Aside, map will never work this way in default servers without Bots. Bot is factor X here else = result a NONE action in case of an accidental death of main Titan. If Titan is killed by nobody, then Nobody will trigger the rest of things :loool: :loool: :loool: .
I was noticing that serialized counters does a break when pawn gets killed by None but this issue comes in all such cases when an EventInstigator should be there but is NOT. Chained counters in maps where pawns are killed by some Lava will NEVER WORK. LavaZone is not an EventInstigator - good night, mappers, and sweet dreams with MH(MA)-BullshitMap_fix123123456.unr !

Bug successfully shown/confirmed by a 5 years old girl - yes, kids are wiping floor with you...

Edit: Virtual (or real) Scenario:
Monster fires a projectile. Monster is killed. Projectile hits later a monster due to LOOOONG route traveled. Another monster getting the damage will die. If this monster is under a counter say bye to your crapped stuff, we don't have an EventInstigator (was killed before) doing damage, so things goes borked. Yes, you need a good Custom Counter for this triggering task or else say good night to your work. Cube drawers only will never know these default issues...
When are happening these ? When we have a stupid load of crapped pawns and a lot of projectiles flying and when you will never know who killed who and why EVENT performed will not work as should.
Scenario 2
Mover opened by a Pawn. Pawn is killed. Mover closes later killing a counted creature = LOL Instigator if this one is being involved in some party.
Mover set to ignore encroachment might stuck AI Pawn inside making it harder to be killed without splash-damage weapons.
Mover set to return might be blocked by pawn at encroachment - Do the map works this way ?- if I recall some forum post it looks like this is not a solution, mover being stuck at first open attempt.
So what do we need ? Simple - a wise setup and probably a bit of coding :lol2: .
Are you a MH mapper ? Good luck ! But as I know so far you might not be that lucky...

Have a nice day :satan: !