Food Fight Questions

Discussions about GameTypes
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Food Fight Questions

Post by Pileyrei »

Some questions from me about the game type

Picked up a can of Plums but didn't seem to be able to use it? What gun is it for?
Apart from brocconade and the halepeno pickup, it sometimes says I got extra health in my lunch box. How does this work? My health doesn't go up when I take it.
How do you hammer jump with the salad thrower thingy?

I struggle with the carroteer. Is there something special about this gun? Any tips on using it?

Thanks
Piley

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Food Fight Questions

Post by papercoffee »

Pileyrei wrote:Some questions from me about the game type

1)Picked up a can of Plums but didn't seem to be able to use it? What gun is it for?
2)Apart from brocconade and the halepeno pickup, it sometimes says I got extra health in my lunch box. How does this work? My health doesn't go up when I take it.
3)How do you hammer jump with the salad thrower thingy?

4)I struggle with the carroteer. Is there something special about this gun? Any tips on using it?

Thanks
Piley
1) The can of plume is for the The Ha&Ka Steinfrucht.
Steinfrucht is German for drupe or stone fruit. It's a German named weapon. :ironic:
2) Hm... that's odd normally it should do this. 'Have to check this out.
3)Don't think hammer but rocket jump ...only the alternate fire is capable to propel you up because of the huge amount of ammo you fire.
4) Quote from the official = HOW TO PLAY FOOD FIGHT = thread.
The Carroteer
Formally planned as Stake Rifle to skewer your enemies and pin them to the wall
(Engine restrictions made this impossible)
The carrots can still be skewered into BSPs (wall, floor, celling) and then be used as barricade or as a ladder. But you have to hit mostly frontal... if the angle is too acute will the Carrot explode in deadly chunks. Normal fire when aimed at your opponent explodes like a rocket in his face.
This weapon has no alt-fire but a very useful long range firing mode. Keep your opponent in the centre of the crosshair and the carrot will change in lock-on mode... the carrot will double-up its speed (when fired) and fallow it's target.
Use
Block an entrance or build a stairway or just sniper with a thrusted carrot your enemy down. Good for countermeasures against sniper or other camping mates.
If you have more questions, I'll gladly answer them all.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

is it possible to make the Carroteer's first person mesh a bit smaller? Same goes for the Toasterminator.
This was the first time I played Food Fight online and it was good tho. :gj:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

makemeunreal wrote:is it possible to make the Carroteer's first person mesh a bit smaller? Same goes for the Toasterminator.
The Toastenator is that big on purpose because it's so powerful you need a little bit of a disadvantage.
But anyway, I can't change it because I'm not a coder or modeller and the developer team dissolved after the final release. The MH version was just a tweaked and reduced one to fit the MH game-type.
makemeunreal wrote:This was the first time I played Food Fight online and it was good tho. :gj:
That's cool. It was fun to sling food with all of you.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Ahhh makes sense. My bad. :D (Nice idea btw)