Thanks for the responses guys, AI coming soon!!!
@Ferali, yes I do kind of want it to be somewhat fun with bots, I'm sure it's possible to give them that reality
New changes for next version:
- Set hider's collision to be their prop's collision, i noticed that if I were a tree and go into a building, the tree cannot clip through brushes and be ' out of world ' and the player would lose their prop with them, allowing them to freely wander invisibly, not good. So now, hiders can only go to places where their prop permits them, I think thats a great new feature.
- Made the hider's prop in first person not visible to them so they can see without a big prop blocking their view ( only client side) alt-fire / behindview mode allows the hider to see their prop/mesh.
- Made Hunter bots go straight to ' Attacking ' without any want to camp to make them move around the map.
- Made Hider bots ' Hold ' at their current position and camp there.
This is very minimal AI logic, though it does make the game a bit more interesting when I spectate my botz.
Next to do...
- Give hider bots the logic to change their prop.
- Give hunter bots the logic to shoot at decors and test for players ( this is probably how far I'll go with bot A.I., as it does appear that this gamemode is most fun with other humans )
- Make hider selector gun invisible ( for testing purposes, the third person sniperrifle mesh is visible )
- Small changes to score board, move text around and make it look cleaner
- Thinking about adding a rotation ability for the hiders, i had to choose between a behindview alt-fire or a rotate-45-degrees alt-fire, any ideas for this? Maybe have rotation as alt fire because players can set behindview for themselves and have noobs learn the absolute complex ability to set a bind? Still on the edge with this feature.
What's a gamemode mod without maps to play it? I literally have one test map and a sample map I took from RTNP, so I have to get mapping once all this coding is finished up
If you know a map with plenty of decoration actors in it or an excellent map candidates that just needs decorations/props put in it, go right ahead and let me know. Also, if you want to support my mod for the community, you can absolutely make prop hunt maps if you'd like