BRUT/BRUTUS (Entry for the December contest)

Discussions about GameTypes
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Re: BRUT/BRUTUS (Entry for the December contest)

Post by TheDane »

Thanks, I'll get it from there then :tu:
Retired.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The download links in the original post are OK - I just downloaded both BRUT and BRUTUS without any problems.
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

OK, well, my internet connection must be bad towards that peer then? This is what I get (before and now). It's an Danish error code, you may need to google translate lol 8)

But I got it the other way arround :tu:
Attachments
nodl.png
Retired.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

TheDane wrote:This is what I get (before and now). It's an Danish error code, you may need to google translate
I guess it is something like "oops, loading the preview didn't work".

Just click on "Download". :lol:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

Barbie wrote:
TheDane wrote:This is what I get (before and now). It's an Danish error code, you may need to google translate

It does the same on download :noidea
Retired.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

TheDane wrote:
Barbie wrote:

It does the same on download :noidea
I don't know why it's giving out this error
https://www.dropbox.com/s/524nncol4cnas ... k.zip?dl=0

This is the only link dropbox creates for me. :noidea
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

All those links work fine - perhaps you're not unblocking all the necessary scripts? With the dropbox, you just need to unblock dropbox.com and dropboxstatic.com and the download link works fine. With the google link, unblock google.com, gstatic.com and content.googleapis.com.
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

It's OK, I got the files from the mapping thread as mentioned ealier, but thx for all your inputs :tu:
Retired.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Well, this certainly made my Sunday morning! I'm glad to see you around D. I sincerely hope you are well and good my friend. My email is the same if you want me to send you the files. Drop me a line and I'll send you everything.

Man, I wish you'd been here a couple of months ago. We'd have destroyed this project. You'll see it's very much missing your flavoring.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

JackGriffin wrote:Well, this certainly made my Sunday morning! I'm glad to see you around D. I sincerely hope you are well and good my friend. My email is the same if you want me to send you the files. Drop me a line and I'll send you everything.

Man, I wish you'd been here a couple of months ago. We'd have destroyed this project. You'll see it's very much missing your flavoring.
Thanks my friend, all is well back at my crazy end haha, I hope you and yours are on top of things as well!

It's funny, I was thinking about making a Fortnite clone on the UT engine. Not because I miss UT at all, but I'v been playing Fortnite for a few seasons now, and was starting to think of the mod instead of just playing for the fun of it. While the constant changes where making the game fun, addictive and refreshing to begin with, the same constant changes are now making me not wanting to play that game so much anymore. change is good, but only up to a limit. And the money engine they base it upon has quite a bad taste in my mouth to be honest. My kids call me old fashion, telling me all their pals from school gets ALL they want from the item shop haha.... you know me, I'm quite unaffected by such nonsence .... poor kids haha!!

So, I was just qurious to see if a clone was already made, so I went here for the first time in .... what seem like ages?? .. and, NOT TO MY SURPRISE, you had made a mod based on Battle Royale gamestyle. I haven't got time to install UT and the mod yet, but I'm very impatient about it and hope to do it real soon! But you know, life can be busy at times, and I'm just right smack in the middle of such time right now 8)

Glad to see you are still in the game, then it's still EPIC :tu:
Retired.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

TheDane wrote:My kids call me old fashion, telling me all their pals from school gets ALL they want from the item shop haha.... you know me, I'm quite unaffected by such nonsence .... poor kids haha!!
"You damn kids, back in my time we made the items, maps and games ourselves with an unwieldy engine using countre-intuitive crash-prone tools and we liked it so much we built communities aroud this which nowadays look like cults because they're quasi-parallel societies based on the same old games. You have it too good!"
smiley_of_an_old_man_ranting.gif
You must construct additional pylons.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

That's.....amazing. Can I steal that as a sig for a while?

Dane, if you ever go to scratch that itch again you should look hard at Unreal 227. It's amazing what is being done with that engine. I can do just about anything I want in my coop server.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

D..... :wtf: D..Dane ?
Good to see you pop in :tu:
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

JackGriffin wrote:Dane, if you ever go to scratch that itch again you should look hard at Unreal 227. It's amazing what is being done with that engine. I can do just about anything I want in my coop server.
I'm not planning on picking it up again. Just out of curiosity, what's the average total playerload on an average evenings server list? There weren't many players left when I left. Has it gone up or down?

If I ever do any coding again, it will not be a new engine, it would be good old ut99 engine vs me all over again 8)
Retired.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Can I tell ya a secret ? I see new engines for ut'99 :agree1: