ut99 dreamcast

Discussions about GameTypes
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

ut99 dreamcast

Post by rjmno1 »

I just downloaded a game ut99 for the dreamcast.It leaves a file with the extension calling a cdi file wich was common file for the dreamcast i think.
Mine question remains, is there any undiscovered skins or maps who are converted to the ut 99 pc game?
Maby they are the same, maby with some undiscovered stuff.
Howto convert the files from cdi to other formats?
Is it intresting for you to extracted the files , is that already done by someone else?
Last edited by rjmno1 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Re: ut99 dreamcast

Post by Aldebaran »

Perhaps this older thread helps you little bit:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5225&start=0&hilit=dreamcast

You can search for Dreamcast in this forum, perhaps you will find some other useful infos too.
TourianTourist
Novice

Post by TourianTourist »

As far as I know, the Dreamcast maps had a special file format, which isn't compatible with the PC version. But all the maps made for the Dreamcast version by Secret Level are simply converted levels from the official Rocket Arena maps (RA-CliffyB and so on), so you can play them on the PC already in some form, just not with the same item placements...

However, for the 20th Anniversary of UT99 I've been busy creating a map pack that has all console maps (PS2 and Dreamcast) available, all with correct item placements and such. Thanks to Red_Fist from these boards I was able to finish all 23 Dreamcast-exclusive maps as of yesterday. There is still some work to do with the PS2 maps, but I will hopefully be able to release this pack soon.

(If anyone wants to help me out, let me know. There is one map that will require some good UnrealEd skills and mine are very rusty. However, you will need access to either the PS2 or Dreamcast version of the game.)
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

@TourianTourist

what an excellent job I hope this beautiful pack will come to an end soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gj: :gj: :gj:

I also looked for this before, I found a lot of maps, but unfortunately not all the converted, maps are missing,,,
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I actually was working on a PS2 version of CTF-November a while back, didn't finish it yet due to other projects creeping up :P . I did make a list (link at my signature, but its quite outdated now) with console maps and stuff. Let me know what kind of help you need with.
TourianTourist
Novice

Post by TourianTourist »

@UnrealGGecko:

I've seen this list and it was a very good starting point, thank you for this.

The map in question would be Sorayama. The PS2 rip from the "Original PS2 Maps" pack is missing the entire lower half for some reason... There is a version out there by Ken Lynch, but it has different geometry at points and faulty lifts... So, I'm not really satisfied with that one either. My plan is to take the PS2 rip version, where the upper half is accurate and the existing lifts work, and recreate the lower section, but this would take a significant amount of time for me.

It's a similar situation for Brickyard. The PS2 pack has an interesting version, which doesn't have the middle wall and crates, but Control Points for Domination. I'll be using this as a bonus DOM map, while I try to make the map like on Dreamcast for the DM version. (There is again a version by Ken Lynch out there, but it has completely different textures and the same faulty lifts.) Otherwise I'm done with all the maps so far (over 40 in total), other than some more testing.

But I haven't really looked into maps that already existed on the PC and are different on consoles, to be honest. Most differences seem to be small. The only interesting one I found was KGalleon, where the console version is one deck short and has different item placement... And I guess, CTF-November is interesting as well, if you have been working on this. I suppose, including such maps would be a natural second step for the pack. But right now I'm focusing on the maps that were exclusively made for the console versions.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Trying to remember what I needed to add to the that list right now. I know makemeunreal put the control points in to make DOM-Osiris over here
viewtopic.php?t=12091

Cant remember if CTF-Sundial was in either of the packs, but here's a version of it here (me and RoninMastaFX almost finished a CTFM version of it :P )
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... d9b3d.html

Oh and RoninMastaFX sent me these mappacks a while back, most of the maps might be duplicates but let me know if you find anything useful.

*links removed for a bit*

As for CTF-November, yea the console version is quite different, no submarine being one thing :D
TourianTourist
Novice

Post by TourianTourist »

@UnrealGGecko;

Thanks for the links! I made my own DOM-version of Osiris (you only had to add Control Points) and I've already found the CTF-Sundial map by Joen, which is a superb conversion. Without it I couldn't release the map pack, because there seems to be nothing else out there for this map. I'll be looking through RoninMastaFX's stuff, but at first glance it looks like the early build PS2 maps from the aforementioned "Original PS2 Maps" pack, which I already have been working on.

And I have all the maps nearly finished with the exception of Sorayama, but I might settle for releasing the pack with a "SorayamaBeta" for now, if it takes too long.... And there is still DrunKenobi's version out there for everyone, who wants it.

As for the PS2 version of CTF-November, I'll look into it. It might be really nice to have this one and some of the other modified PC maps as well. But at first I need to check which console maps are really different from their PC counterparts.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Really cool you're working on this original PS2 mappack!
Much appreciated!
Hunt3r
Novice
Personal rank: Introvert

Post by Hunt3r »

Hey what a great initiative, I can't wait to see that :)
TourianTourist
Novice

Post by TourianTourist »

Thanks, guys!

I'm getting to close to finishing the map pack, but it would be good to have someone for testing + reviewing before the release.

UnrealGGecko already volunteered and he is quite familiar with the PS2 version. And it would be nice to have someone else with access to the Dreamcast version (or both) to double-check things from this side. If you're interested and willing to help out, contact me either here or on Discord.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

But please keep in mid, because there are already versions of those maps with those names around ...rename yours to avoid mismatches.
TourianTourist
Novice

Post by TourianTourist »

papercoffee wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:49 pm But please keep in mid, because there are already versions of those maps with those names around ...rename yours to avoid mismatches.
Already did, the file names are all tagged with either PS2 or DC to avoid conflicts with any existing maps out there and also to have these maps grouped nicely, similar to other map packs. But still thanks for the advice. :)