Gears of War 2 "Horde-like" Gametype

Discussions about GameTypes
kart
Novice

Gears of War 2 "Horde-like" Gametype

Post by kart »

Okay so here's the idea. There are 2 teams. One team, lets say Red spawns in the middle of a guarded arena with an extensive supply of munitions available to them. The Blue team, spawns in the areas surrounding the Red team. The Blue team has to kill and hold area the Red team first spawns at for any amount of time, say 25 seconds. Once the Blue team gets to the Red teams spawn area, the the spawns switch and the Red teams spawns where the Blue team originally spawns for the next 25 seconds, or until the Blue team is stopped. If Blue team is unsuccessful at taking the area, then it switches back to the original spawns again and the Blue team must try and retake the area. The Red team must hold off the constant attack from all sides from the invading Blue team for a time, say 5 minutes. If they successfully hold off the Blue team, the Red team gets 1 point, and the Blue team get a point for taking the area from the Red team. One team must reach 5 points to be considered the winner. If the invading team does take the area, they now have to hold off the invading team. I have an example map to give you a graphic idea of what it will look like. Of course, this example map is very small and the maps must be much larger for it to be fair for the defending team. (Oh and for some reason I couldn't place any spawn points in the other 4 rooms, so they are only in the defending teams area. Sorry about that.)

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6f3f ... f2e35b7207

Now I need some volunteering scripters, mappers, etc. I do map for BT and I have released some maps, so I have tons of experience there, but I have no idea how to script so I will need help there.

An idea for the capture timer is there can be a little bar that appears on the players screen to show the progress of the capture of the area.

There must also be a penalty, or a way to block players from spawnkilling each other. There can be a spawnkill instant death penalty like for some CTF servers. And if the defending team goes passed a certain invisible boundary, the countdown timer freezes.

I will be adding on to this as I think of some more details. I will also post this on other UT forums so I can get more feedback.

I need all the help I can get, especially since I can't script for UT. I will be looking for tutorials so I can learn, but I can't do this all on my own so please post either ideas, or if you can help.

Thanks for reading and I am taking all of the constructive criticism.
kart
Novice

Re: Gears of War 2 "Horde-like" Gametype

Post by kart »

C'mon guys I really want this to be successful and I can't do this on my own, I need help. Please start posting.
loqo

Post by loqo »

This would be kewl but i dont know if engine can be so upgraded.
P.S i have portal gun mutator xp
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Interesting idea. Here's where I wish I was a mapper...
press on :agree1:
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"