Mush Match v1.3.4

Discussions about GameTypes
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Re: Mush Match v1.3.2

Post by NemesisNeS »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:44 am Thanks, buddy! Nice to hear that you enjoyed trying the gametype out :)

Yeah, I'm always around on Discord, as well as on IRC and XMPP. By the way, have you joined the UT99.org Discord yet or?...
Yeah I did, I'm barely on though since I'm testing stuff out and working on my own project. I mostly hit up IdleRPG and every now and then I tend to follow up on what's new on discord with UT99.org and other UT related stuff.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Well, best of luck with your project, mate!

Mush Match is undergoing a bit of a development hiatus right now. Basically everything in the todo list is a major change and a bit daunting to even start working on.

I think I could start by improving feedback on when someone is suspected or infected. Maybe a screen tint flash? How can I do that?
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
a9902957@nepwk.com
Experienced

Post by a9902957@nepwk.com »

viewtopic.php?p=144603#p144603

For maps where it is cramped I thought back to the cool lightsaber weapon.
( viewtopic.php?p=56236#p56236 I only ever used the original one so far, though).
But would have to adapt it so that you cannot block infinitely same with force push alt-fire.
Guess some force point pool like in MovieBattles II, and here every projectile reflection (less so) or force push use (A LOT so) would drain the pool
and it would only replenish slowly over time.
So a jedi version of the 2k4 shield gun kind of.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: Mush Match v1.3.4

Post by Gustavo6046 »

With Buggie's help, I finally fixed what used to be a recurring crash. That and other changes just went live with

v1.3.4!

You can grab it in the GitHub Releases page here.

But here's a changelog:
  • Make the scoring of a kill propagate to the killed's suspector when applicable
  • Fix score voided when infecting as mush and triggering match end
  • Tweak default chances for individual suspicion
  • Ensure killing a mush won't lead other humans to suspect on you
  • Fix recurring ClearShot crashes!
  • Show health when dead, or when both viewer and identify-target are Mush
Happy mushing! :D
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction