New Game type: Last man assault

Discussions about GameTypes
xydor
Novice
Personal rank: novice

New Game type: Last man assault

Post by xydor »

I everybody,
I almost finish my new game type named : Last man assault. I talk a little about my project in a previous subject: "Simple Walkthrough for Game Type ?". Now, It's praticaly finish, so I will explain my game type(I hope It doesn't already exist).

Histoy:
I'm a big fan of assault gametype. I download a lot of map for Assault (I have more than 100 maps). The biggest problem with assault is obviously easy. Doesn't matter if bot are very skilled and you are outnumber (6 VS 10), just run and keep your finger on the trigger. It's a simple tactic. So I decided change the rules and assault a little bit difficult.

Concept:
Last man assault. The name explain all: its assault rule and last man standing rule mixed up ! Like the basic assault, you must respect the clock and achieve all objectives. But you must try to not loose all your lives in doing it :o . So you have 2 manner two win: Normally achieve the objectives, dodging ennemies and all OR killing all the other team before you achieve the objectives. The second option is not recommended with all maps because that take a lot of time. So, on a map with less than 5 min. if you setup the lives more than 2, it can be difficult.

Two important option in the rule window: frag limit=number of lives each player and bot have, goalbonus=number of lives a player or bot gain when he achieve an objective. The last option is interesting in match with anbalance team. I test it with 3 to 6 against 10 and more bot, 3 lives, 1 goalbonus. When you attack, the goalbonus allow you to made some sacrifice. But when you are in the defense, that piss you off.

Last thing I must do:
Almost will mean, I haven't finish it yet. Two things I must do before release:
-Fixing the bug with balance team option (the window option button doesn't affect the game. I know how to fix it.)
-Putting an and to a round match if all attackers are dead. Now, If the match as a timer of 30 min and the defense kill all attackers in 6 min, you must wait 24 min before the round ends. Not really good. So, I must find a way to know who is the attacking team and if everybody is dead. I'm not very sure how I will implement that, but I will search.

If you have suggestion, I will be more than happy to read it :D !
gopostal

Re: New Game type: Last man assault

Post by gopostal »

If you are still stuck, yell at me and I'll help you.
xydor
Novice
Personal rank: novice

Re: New Game type: Last man assault

Post by xydor »

Thanks, but I finally made it. The solution for the timer was easy. The bBalanceTeams put me more trouble than I tought.
Little clean up and wrap up my gametype and I will ready to post it.