MonsterHunt: Challenge

Discussions about GameTypes
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

MonsterHunt: Challenge

Post by EvilGrins »

There are some players who think they're all that. They are the Gods of ut99 and there's no one badder.

Oddly, you will often find thee people in games online chatting in a corner while everyone else is fighting the monsters.

For those players that think MH is getting old and all the thrill has gone from the game, I challenge them to grab one of those mutators that makes it so the only weapon they have to fight with is a sword or a lightsaber and try it again.
Not so tough now, are you?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: MonsterHunt: Challenge

Post by papercoffee »

@ Grins
To prevent this post to be nonsense ... links and pictures how you fight those monsters with a melee weapon.
You know "Pics or it didn't happened"

Aside of this ...is it possible to make an arena type mutator where you get only different type of melee weapons?
I think about a game with TWT-zombies or a monster-hunt where your team starts with mixed up close-combat weapons ...Impact hammer/chainsaw/B-Sword/Claw/laser sword/frying pan ...etc.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

They did. It's called Left4Dead2.
Click me now: http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Is the idea that bad ? ...to be honest I never did play L4D2 so I don't know if this game is bad.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Oh goodness no Paper, L4D2 is right beside UT as my favorite game of all time. Do you have a Steam account? I'll send you the game and you can try it out. I run servers for it so you can lock things down until you feel like playing with other people. It's everything I wanted MH to be and it even forces teamwork (if you go it alone you will *not* make it).
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

My machine is not really capable to run the newer games properly ... UT3 in 640x480 without any effects to run it in 30 frames. Halflife 2 ...well all the cool effects are off... UT2K4 without details and foliage.

So ...no, I don't think L4d2 will run on my machine ...with 1 trillion zombies on the screen.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

papercoffee wrote:My machine is not really capable to run the newer games properly ... UT3 in 640x480 without any effects to run it in 30 frames. Halflife 2 ...well all the cool effects are off... UT2K4 without details and foliage.

So ...no, I don't think L4d2 will run on my machine ...with 1 trillion zombies on the screen.
Well... L4D2 uses the same engine as Half Life 2, so i think you can handle it... if you take off those cool effects ^^ also have L4D (1 and 2) and both i like
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

papercoffee wrote: ...with 1 trillion zombies on the screen.
In HL2 you have never going to fight against that much enemies ...