Problem with Jailbreak.

Discussions about GameTypes
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Problem with Jailbreak.

Post by UnrealGGecko »

It all started about a few months ago, whenever a team-punishment was made, my UT eigher freezed or got terrible framerate (1frame every 5 minutes, literally!)
I thought reinstalling Jailbreak would fix the issue, but unfortunatly not :cry: I remember JB was working great when I installed it, but after some time... This started to happen.
Anyway to fix this? Maybe I got the wrong D3D9 settings or something? :help:
UT99.org

Re: Problem with Jailbreak.

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:use this ini for testing dll inside http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... Config.rar

and read the ut log
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Odd, the log doesn't say anything, the last line says that it opened the map. :???:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:and my ini do not works ?
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

Delete (make backup if needed) your UnrealTournament.ini and let UT create new clean one. Have you tested with OpenGL renderer?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

OpenGL doesn't work for me (the view gets completely sh..ty) and I don't want to tinker with the d3d9 settings (as I've setted them like it says in Raynor's manual).
Ok, I remember a bit more info... At 1st JB worked alright, then after a while the dude who put the last prisoner to jail didn't show up (everything else was still ok) then after another while this started to happen.
Anyway, finally got some logs for ya. I can't copy/paste as I am writing this by mobile but the last 24 have these ''Localization: No localization: JB-Convergence.Default.'some random item' (int)'' lines in it ('some random item' ranged from CHColor to DigitTeamR and DigitTeamB and etc.). I had to restart as UT freezed (music still played though) so I'm not sure if I got the rest.
This kind of stuff happens on JB only but on ALL maps.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Found the problem! Seems it was the d3d9 (or atleast one of it's settings) that made the glitchy executions, now I switched back to regular d3d and it works great ;)
I only wonder what d3d9 setting does that?.. Hmm...