Bounce! Now on ModDB

Discussions about GameTypes
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Bounce! Now on ModDB

Post by papercoffee »

VatcilliZeitchef wrote:Is it really a problem though?
No no ...you misread my mentioning. I liked SSMB and therefore I like the Idea to convert this mechanic into a game-type for UT.
There are some maps out there where I could imagine they can be used for this arena style. Instead of a pools you could think about some boundary what the player should avoid at all cost.
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept
Personal rank: It's a trap!

Post by VatcilliZeitchef »

The upcoming mappack will mostly include 1-1 maps so that will probably mean a lot of simple arena maps with only one outer border too. As a fact I think in the original mappack "DM-BCE_Bounce" "DM-BCE_High" and "DM-BCE_FrostyRoofs" should fit your description quite accurately.

Currently working on a larger, more open map which should lend itself better to redeemers. It's going to be named "DM-BCE_Minefields"
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22 ... fields.jpg
Image Kayako's useful Unreal editor Icon Database Image
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

Still working on a new mappack. We finished another two maps and have made quite a few changes on the map in the previous shot, same area, different angle. Reworked shot:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/bounce/images/minefields-v2
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Post by UTDeath »

Reminds me of Gluttony as it is kind of the opposite game mode, I didn't like Gluttony because it took so long to kill someone. I don't really like being thrown up in the air and that stuff so I will pass, but I really enjoy how people keep coming up with new game modes and ideas. Keep it up.
You cannot kill what is already dead.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Wow, I'd forgotten about this. I coded it for Al and he made all the maps. It's a simple game but I thought it had real potential if it ever caught on. I haven't talked to Al in some time but it wouldn't surprise me if someone took this mod up and continued to build around it. He did some great maps and there is certainly potential to convert a lot more existing maps with little effort. If anyone wants the source code let me know. I have it lying around somewhere.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I played it and PMed him two bugs I noticed during a play session. This mod has potential to be something great.
It was fun to play ...even if I did loose every round against my god damn bots.
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

If there was a PM you sent me, I am afraid I lost it somewhere or forgot about it! That or I already finished the problem, Were it related to the Cookie models crashing the game or the missing file in DM-BCE_High? Now, don't talk about me as if I am no longer alive! I'm still here and we're still adding more content to the bounce mod. Expect an update tomorrow, If Titled is willing to give me a hand that is.

As for Gopo, I'm just glad to see you're still around, I hope you're feeling better, or at the very least not worse than last we talked!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:even if I did loose every round against my god damn bots.
Viva la revolucion!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

these are the kind of things that help to revive the game.. an excellent concept and idea :tu:
when I first seen the title it reminded me of the latest 'Make Something Unreal' gameType that someone made.. in the UT3 Engine.. it was a very simple conept where players bounced across the map with a ball and had to throw it through a vertical oval type goal post.

it actually looked quite fun.. just like this.

great job..
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

Thank you all for your support! Still working on more stuff, especially maps since, well, I can't code sh*t. The simple (Thou still quite useful) actors in DM-BCE_Minefields are probably the extend my scripting knowledge can reach. What I would like to add is that an additional map has been announced which while most likely not ending up in the coming map pack will be released later. The map will be called "Realm of the Dessert Witch" and is based on a setting from the Anime series Mahou Shoojo Madoka Magica WIP screenshots can be seen Here and Here. When this map comes out I think it goes without saying that it would be a great map to test the compatibility of bounce with the Food Fight mod which (among others) Papercoffee, FeraliDragon, and GenMoKai here seem to be working on!

Looking forward to that one! Perhaps we can look the mods over later and see how the compatibility is and perhaps how it can be better? It would be sad if they ended up mutually exclusive for no reason.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

The bounce maps are damn great for team deathmatch + the Ridiculous'Deemer ;)