ShockWhores Mod

Discussions about GameTypes
Acid.OMG
Adept
Personal rank: XFIRE: mmmmtoasty

ShockWhores Mod

Post by Acid.OMG »

I would like to find out how to make a gametype. Are there any tutorials out there?

Mutators: Custom skinned shock rifle with custom projectiles, Triple Jump

Objective: Destroy opposite team

Game Style: Elemination, First team to eliminate the opposing team wins the round, Round capped at 10 points

So I need help with trying to accomplish this. I don't mind doing the work myself I am just unsure how to do it

If anyone can help that would be awesome.

The gun I would like to keep simple and just change textures. I was thinking something white and grey like the ut3 link gun.

this also looks cool, but I don't know how to model :tongue:

Looking forward to hearing everyones thoughts
Attachments
ASMD_t4x.png
ASMD_t4x.png (39.02 KiB) Viewed 4215 times
[/Awesome]
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Re: ShockWhores Mod

Post by Wises »

2 mods to assist , google ut99 free and find the French Repository (because I can't find 'uk's one..)

search for jump (theres amod called I think jumpbootsUT) which allows for various settings.. also.. on another note there's JetBoots ;)

ok that sorted I think youre after lms++ by ILoveUT also at said site.

as for skinning weapons.. (looks cool btw) search here via google with the following query perhaps ; "weapon skinning site:ut99.org" as for custom projectiles etc.. thats beyond me sorry .

perhaps google again with a different query + site:ut99.org

good stuff.
Acid.OMG
Adept

Post by Acid.OMG »

Well the reason I am posting is because I have gone pretty deep into sites but either the sites are dead links or dont explain how to do it. Also the triple jump is a mod called UTDoubleJump. It used to be on ut files

But see I want to make an actual gametype for it so you dont have to install seperate mods, it would just work
[/Awesome]
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

But that way would you have another Mod what will have the double-jump ability... so, why not combining fitting mods and mutator on your server to a unique game experience.
Acid.OMG
Adept

Post by Acid.OMG »

papercoffee wrote:But that way would you have another Mod what will have the double-jump ability... so, why not combining fitting mods and mutator on your server to a unique game experience.

I was hoping to get a gametype to carry the ShockWhores Inc legacy... I could still do that and plan to but I thought of this and figured I would give it a try
[/Awesome]
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

there's an 'easy way' and a 'hard way'...
why re-invent the wheel?

if you go about it the 'hard way' then get ready for a long ride ;)
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

Acid.OMG wrote:Well the reason I am posting is because I have gone pretty deep into sites but either the sites are dead links or dont explain how to do it. Also the triple jump is a mod called UTDoubleJump. It used to be on ut files

But see I want to make an actual gametype for it so you dont have to install seperate mods, it would just work
@ Acid - I'm diggin' the idea! I'm a HUGE ShockWhore (; For the "triple jump" I would look into a mod called "2k4Movement. It allows for the double jump feature, as well as if your in middle of a dodge, you can hit the jump key and it'll give you that extra jump! The settings in the mod are completely configurable. As for the "elimination" feature, I have no clue where to begin with that. I could possibly look into the RocketArena mod to see how they did the rounds type match. And finally the score cap, that would be no problem. I'm going to hook my computer up tomorrow nd look into the RA mod. The re-skinning is easy too, just look into the botpack.u file and look at the ShockRifle class. It'll show you everything you need. I've got a ComboInsta mod made up, a newer version, no bugs. I'll be uploading that tomorrow as well as an update to my other mod, EnhancedUT, EnhancedUTv1D! If you like you could email me @ c_to_the_davis08@hotmail.com and we can further discuss this in private. Who knows, maybe you could help me with my project too, I've been looking for a partner.
Acid.OMG
Adept

Post by Acid.OMG »

I have kind of dropped the idea but I am intrigued by your response. I love shockwhoreing so I am still game for doing this. ill pm u
[/Awesome]
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

It is actually Quad-jump if you want.
Or even infinite if you really want ;)
UT2k4Movement.zip
(15.01 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
If you over-write the default config with this, it can be edited easier.

Code: Select all

[Public]
Object=(Name=2k4movement.doublejumput,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="2k4 Movement")
Object=(Name=2k4movement.DJ_ModMenuItem,Class=Class,MetaClass=UMenu.UMenuModMenuItem,Description="DoubleJump UT, Brings DoubleJump to UT.")

Preferences=(Caption="Mutators",Parent="Advanced Options")
Preferences=(Caption="2K4 Movement",Parent="Mutators",Class=2k4movement.walldodge,Immediate=True)
I have got so used to Quad-jumping, It freaks me out playing online as you only get 1 hop (which I forget when trying to jump to a place I normally go).
Anyone watching will have just thought I seem to like suiciding of the edge of buildings :(
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

doubleJumpUT server.ini settings

Code: Select all

[DoubleJumpUT.DoubleJumpUT]
maxJumps=2
jumpType=0
jumpHeight=1.000000
there are 2-3 jump types for mem.. always jump and jump at apex only.