Discussions about GameTypes
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Why do you play MonsterHunt?

Post by EvilGrins »

Why do I?
Image Image Image
To crush the Skaarj, see the Krall driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of the Nali!

Why do you?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Cronoloop
Skilled

Re: Why do you play MonsterHunt?

Post by Cronoloop »

Legit question

Is Monster Hunt really funny to play? I heard good things about it but never tried it.
Doesn't it get repetitive after a while? What about good maps? And bots/Higor's FerBotz?

To sum up, is it worth it?
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept
Personal rank: It's a trap!

Post by VatcilliZeitchef »

Because I'm afraid of all these uber frag-machines you see in some movies. Who can headshot people with 100% accuracy *Shivers* And just because killing lots of things at once is more rewarding to me than spending a long time to kill one person that keeps bloody dodging.

Or I have just gotten too rusty to face real players.

There are some good maps for it, MANY in fact, but at least 80% aren't worth playing, that still leaves about 70 or more maps that give as good an experience as any singleplayer game. So, yes, in my humble opinion it's worth it.
Image Kayako's useful Unreal editor Icon Database Image
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

Well, I play monsterhunt.... To hunt monsters! ;)
But also because working together (coop) is more fun than playing competitive against eachother. Someone has to lose then, but in coop you both win when you achieve the shared goal.
You can also play it alone on the server and you dont have to wait for others to join in.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Metalfist wrote: You can also play it alone on the server and you dont have to wait for others to join in.
Yeah try this on a server with insane monster-health ...where the Queen shoots Redeemer missiles out of her nipples.
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

papercoffee wrote:
Metalfist wrote: You can also play it alone on the server and you dont have to wait for others to join in.
Yeah try this on a server with insane monster-health ...where the Queen shoots Redeemer missiles out of her nipples.
Yes, LOL papercoffee :tu:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Post by MEAT »

I like the satisfaction of finishing maps on my own.
Rather than placing faith in others for help or watching while others race through the
map, as if it was a race.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

MEAT wrote:while others race through the
And hitting the End button before the Redeemer-Titties Queen is dead...

I like MH on server where you get an ass load of enemies but all of them with a reasonable health amount.
And I dislike those where every little monster has health over 1 million points and your only weapon of choice is the Ultima Protos or similar missiles.
It doesn't make sense for me,
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

MEAT wrote:I like the satisfaction of finishing maps on my own.
Rather than placing faith in others for help or watching while others race through the
i get really bored with dm, ctf etc., so mh is a nice change... from what i've seen so far (which is probably not as many mh maps as most others) bots never seem to work too well, I try them solo, so it seems like a race against time so you have to keep moving. sometimes get overwealmed which is just a spammy mess.

i have 2 mh maps coming, one will be ready i hope next month, once i get bots to work... This is a new version of OrionsCurse (with some new areas added) it is quite a "long" mh map, which turned out too hard for me to finish solo (well, i'm a rather shitty ut player these days) it has 1000+ monsters (mostly triggered spawners) and it was taking me almost an hour to clean out the level when in god mode without adding any "super-weapons" mods... so there's some balancing to do.

i do like mh these days those - fits better with my single-player mentality :)
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept
Personal rank: It's a trap!

Post by VatcilliZeitchef »

FraGnBraG wrote: it has 1000+ monsters
Oh god no.
FraGnBraG wrote:(mostly triggered spawners)
Oh THANK GOD, I hate it when people just throw 400+ monsters in a map and expect the server to run it nice and smooth. I wish there were more mappers like you. There's still plenty of MH maps I kind of like but feel like they are putting too much strain on servers and people with bad connections due to TOO MANY MONSTERS active at once. Still wanting to fix as many as I can, and to solve the problem going on in my own map (MH-Rise_of_evil) somehow. Right now it's unplayable,
Image Kayako's useful Unreal editor Icon Database Image
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

I only play MH once in a while. (not often) :?
When I do, it is First and Foremost for the Team Work or playing WITH other players as a team against the common foes, then Secondly for the thrill of battling the monsters. :tu:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Jetlag
Average
Personal rank: Core Raider

Post by Jetlag »

I play MH to relax.. Before I started playing MH, I only played on CTF and BT servers, but they all seem serious play style. With MH nothing is serious.. I play a lot on Mars007's MH server.. Another thing that keeps me playing MH is all the wonderful people I have met around the world.. USA, Canada, Croatia, Syria, Bulgaria, Chile, Russia, Spain, etc etc etc..

Also it's fun to map for MH :)