I need help with Monster Madness 3

Discussions about GameTypes
Gameite2260
Average

I need help with Monster Madness 3

Post by Gameite2260 »

I've tried to shut off the No Respawn setting, but whenever I close the window, it just checks itself again for some reason. Here's the settings I have on it right now:
Spoiler
UT99.org

Re: I need help with Monster Madness 3

Post by UT99.org »

papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Gameite2260 wrote:I've tried to shut off the No Respawn setting, but whenever I close the window, it just checks itself again for some reason. Here's the settings I have on it right now:
Spoiler
Is the ini locked ...?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

The original versions of MM didn't have that drop down menu, totally had to edit the .ini to get it to do anything.

I find when the drop down menu isn't doing it for you, go oldschool and switch options in the .ini manually.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Gameite2260
Average

Post by Gameite2260 »

Okay, there's some really odd stuff going on. The .ini file said that the No Respawn was off already, but it's still on. I even turned it to "True" in case it was somehow reversed, didn't work. I also tried setting it to "False" again after that, once again it didn't work. I think I'm just going to reinstall the mod.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Might be something screwy in your personal setup, or are you running more than 1 mutator at a time?

Without respawn on, Us against Them ends the moment the last monster is killed.

Are you sure you're not using a beta version?
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Your ini might not match the MM version you are using.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Gameite2260
Average

Post by Gameite2260 »

I also have the Chainsaw Melee mutator running, although I can't really see how that could be effecting anything.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Didn't this used to be serverside only? I know it started off a very long time ago, was it a utpg patch that disabled the Unreal monsters? I was still seeing them when I used the summon command but not sure anyone else could see em, the mutator itself would spawn them and they would be invisible to me and could only see their projectiles. Do I have to be on an enemy team to see them (like monsterhunt)?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

billybill wrote:Didn't this used to be serverside only? I know it started off a very long time ago, was it a utpg patch that disabled the Unreal monsters? I was still seeing them when I used the summon command but not sure anyone else could see em, the mutator itself would spawn them and they would be invisible to me and could only see their projectiles. Do I have to be on an enemy team to see them (like monsterhunt)?
Before I found UT forums, which was fairly recently, since UT came out I've been directly emailing the people that make these things. So, I used to be on an online-first-name basis with the guy that created MonsterMadness. Each version I'd bop ideas back and forth with the guy, and he was pissed when one of the newer UT's stole his idea...

...but I digress.

MM wasn't designed for serverside only... but it was popular in a lot of the early servers.

The only reason you wouldn't be able to see the monsters but you could see their projectiles is if you didn't add MonsterMadness to your ServerPackages. The MM monsters are a little different than the standard ones, so they'd need to be added.

The more current ones anyway. Older versions were fairly basic.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Yeah but there was alternate serverside class strings you could manually put in the ini from unrealshare unreali. Maybe I'm thinking of swarm spawner or something. There were only two decent ones of these released and I failed on 436 and 451 servers and gave up. I couldn't understand why I could summon then in manually but they were invisible when the server spawned them. Yes both those were in serverpackages. I'm not sure if other people could see the manually summoned ones or not

Edit: Sorry, I probably hijacked this thread a little. Yes it was definitely Monster Madness I'm talking about (looking at it now)

Edit2: Other one is called MonsterSpawn . Almost identifcal with the ini setup, swarms of monsters. Uses it's own classes but used to use the unreal monsters. Couldn't spawn in the old classes with it either so my question about the older monsters pre-UTPGpatches remains
Last edited by UT99.org on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Here's a random thought, that i'm sorry i didn't have earlier.

Don't just unclick 'respawn'. Also unclick 'progress level'.

They might have something to do with each other.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:bump my question or start a new thread? I could porbably get a yes/no answer from loathsome when he's back. I'll bet utpg is the culprit. We may even be able to make a fix (with his next MM)

Did you solve the original thread problem evilgrins?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

billybill wrote:Did you solve the original thread problem evilgrins?
He never responded so I dunno.