Pop the friggin balloons

Discussions about GameTypes
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Re: Pop the friggin balloons

Post by TheDane »

'Zac wrote:Ok I understand what you're saying, that it actually would be a bit boring with towers and etc in the beginning.
I can do the random pop-effects for you, that list is not going to get any shorter for you ;)
The list just got one line shorter, thank you! :tu:

Current changes for beta3 is:
Changelog:

Beta3(released xx-xx-2014)
- Player now has to press 'ENTER' to start a new round - this to give time to read menues, place towers, make coffee and whatever :-P
- New Actor 'DefineBalloonWaves', this optional actor can customize the waves if placed in map.
- Added detection of bots in the game and will remove them if present.
- Fixed name shown for the Dart Gun (Base weapon).
- Balloons will now move faster during the game. Speed will be increased 10% by each 5 rounds.
- Balloon sized has been changed to fit their layers, the more the layers the bigger the balloons. This will adjust as you pop their layers.
- Fixed bug in PB-GothicArena where player got stuck on the wheel.
- Changed NoPlayerZone so that projectiles cannot go into this zone.
- Fixed so towers cannot be placed inside the NoPlayer zone.
- Fixed so player switches to best weapon after placing tower.
I'm not going to display the to-do list as some changes will be added as a surprise - and I don't want to ruin that but announcing it upfront :tu:
Retired.
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

Medor has just proven once more that he is a (censored) not respecting any developers wish or copyright claims. though I've specificly written in the ReadMe attached to the Pop Balloons mod that thay MAY NOT be distributed or made available for download anywhere else but here during the beta stages this (censored) has decided to put both beta1 and beta2 on his his warez download site.

That dude simply doesn't know how to act respectfully. By making the beta versions available for download(and even renaming the package) he is working against my development as the beta versions are far from beeing perfected and only serves as base to get feedback and work towards a better mod. Now they sit there looking like imperfect gamestyles. As a result of that I will no longer make any more beta versions public available but only distribute it to those who actively participate in the project.

Medor seems to be wanting to push the future of UT into the wrong direction - I can only distance myself from any mod of mine ending up on his download site - don't download it from there as I can't personaly vouch for it's integrity.
Retired.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Few things bother me more than people who take no time to make anything or learn how to develop and instead (literally) just use everyone else's effort to make themselves relevant.

I don't expect Medor to have a change of heart and remove anything but the community needs to speak out about this sort of behavior. Dane has put a LOT of work into this and he should be the sole decider of how and when this is posted for people.

Be proud Medor. You need to stand on other people's shoulders for anyone to notice you because you are insignificant. Dane, you should file a creative commons complaint to his ISP. Yeah, you don't own the mod since it was build in UEngine but CC covers a lot of the artistic creation side of making something. You may not own the blocks used to make your mod but you damn well may own the rights to that particular setup since it was not made for online servers and you specifically stipulated it's use. I think a damn good argument can be made.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

And now we all calm down and stop this Medor bashing ... because it's useless to cry over spilt milk.

At the split of a second you post something on the internet can everyone take it and host it on their server. And you can't do shit ...even if you don't notice it in the beginning.
It does count for my art I upload at Deviant Art and it does count for your public beta... That was the reason why Jack developed the "poison pill" for the Open Beta of the Food Fight mod. Who ever tried to rip it, got a broken mod.
Or the NW3 beta ...where only invited member could test it.

If you don't go public, is there no one who can give feedback.
If you dare to go public, be prepared to see your stuff been taken. (This happened to me a lot)
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Easy Dane, calm down...
I'll have a private chat with him and ask if he can remove those, deal?
When I made a screw up on a map I edited but didn't credit the original author during a 300k contest, I asked him before to remove it from his "warez" site (as you call it), and you know what, he did delete it. Hopefully he'll understand. :wink:
Try to use the peaceful route, before going the apes**t one, I say. No offence. :tongue:
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

UnrealGecko wrote:Easy Dane, calm down...
When I made a screw up on a map I edited but didn't credit the original author during a 300k contest, I asked him before to remove it from his "warez" site (as you call it), and you know what, he did delete it. Hopefully he'll understand. :wink:
Try to use the peaceful route, before going the apes**t one, I say. No offence. :tongue:
I have tried asking him many times before to remove all my stuff and the fake player stuff and the PROVEN warez version of UT - he is too arrogant and refused. He simply doesn't care. If he listens to you then please ask him to remove everything of mine there, I can provide him the list of files np.
papercoffee wrote:And now we all calm down and stop this Medor bashing ... because it's useless to cry over spilt milk.

At the split of a second you post something on the internet can everyone take it and host it on their server. And you can't do shit ...even if you don't notice it in the beginning.
It does count for my art I upload at Deviant Art and it does count for your public beta... That was the reason why Jack developed the "poison pill" for the Open Beta of the Food Fight mod. Who ever tried to rip it, got a broken mod.
Or the NW3 beta ...where only invited member could test it.

If you don't go public, is there no one who can give feedback.
If you dare to go public, be prepared to see your stuff been taken. (This happened to me a lot)
:barf:
Don't pretent that just because it happens to others that it is allright. Wasn't you in the group of people who told me to remove my texture site because of this exact thing? I did remove it didn't I? Now please don't continue to defend Medor and turn this into beeing my fault!
Retired.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

TheDane wrote:
UnrealGecko wrote:Easy Dane, calm down...
I have tried asking him many times before to remove all my stuff and the fake player stuff and the PROVEN warez version of UT - he is too arrogant and refused. He simply doesn't care. If he listens to you then please ask him to remove everything of mine there, I can provide him the list of files np.
Well maybe it was the wrong tone? :noidea idk. Feel free to send that list to me (PMs I think) and hopefully I'll convince him, a'right?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

TheDane wrote: :barf:
Don't pretent that just because it happens to others that it is allright. Wasn't you in the group of people who told me to remove my texture site because of this exact thing? I did remove it didn't I? Now please don't continue to defend Medor and turn this into beeing my fault!
Well, we convinced you to do it ...but you also could have answered "No f.u. it's my server I do what I want"
We would have deleted your links to the texture archive every time someone would post them ...same goes now for any link Medor or other would try to post here regarding your Betas.
The community can help the staff crew by reporting those posts.

Oh and it's not your fault ...but it's called "to take a risk"
papercoffee wrote:If you don't go public, is there no one who can give feedback.
If you dare to go public, be prepared to see your stuff been taken.
Ferali took a risk by giving some people the Beta to NW3 ...he demanded that all betas and RCs are deleted after we finished testing them. But he couldn't be sure that all people would really delete them.
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

UnrealGecko wrote:Feel free to send that list to me (PMs I think) and hopefully I'll convince him, a'right?
Thank you for wanting to try and talk sense into him. Just don't get yourself into any mess over this, make sure you tell him you are only the messenger. I know he reads my forums too, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten those files in the first place, so I'll flash the filelist there too for him to watch also - double chance of success :mrgreen:
Retired.