Need major help LMS

Discussions about GameTypes
Acid.OMG
Adept
Personal rank: XFIRE: mmmmtoasty

Need major help LMS

Post by Acid.OMG »

So I am hosting a tournament tomorrow. I want to have a random list of players and every 60 seconds the next random player enters. Elimination style with 8 lives... Just like Royal Rumble

I just found out that once a last man standing starts nobody can join..... If I cannot find a way around this the tournament will not work

Please help. The tournament is tomorrow night
[/Awesome]
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Need major help LMS

Post by Chamberly »

Some kind of scramble balancer you may need?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:This isn't something that is going to take you long to learn. All you need to do is extend from the LMS class and any function you don't agree with you re-write in the new class. If the old class used super anything you need to find the way to send your commands to it's parent class. I forget the exact command for this but it's not something that's going to take long to find on the wiki.

I'll slow down a little for you. Make your new class depend on botpack, core, engine, and anything else you think you might need (Shouldn't be anything else), extend LMS directly "class mylms extends LastManStanding;" or whatever the game type name is. Find the part where players join and are denied access because the game is past mid-way frags (lives). Find the function that contains all of this and copy paste it to your new class. Do what I said if that function uses any Super() functions. IMO is the hardest part because I can't recall the exact way to call upon parent of parent classes but like I said should not be hard to lookup. Compile and put on server. Change game to map.unr?game=mylms.mylms. You shouldn't even need to make it a serverpackage as it will auto-download being the gametype. I would redirect it regardless of it's small size. Hey presto done :tu: :gj:

If I had to slow it down any more I suppose I would put at the start: Open unrealed classes extract them all. Download UMake. Learn directory structure for compiling uscript. name your project with quotes "mylms.uc" so windows doesn't rename it to .txt

Hope I helped and I'm sure someone else can help you if you need more help with the compile process or file structure of the compile process
player
Novice

Post by player »

lms++ allows midgame join
if you want to force 8 lives on midgame join, it is not too hard to edit the mod above either, extract the source and
try changing the "event PlayerPawn Login" in LastManStanding.uc

alternative mirror: lmsplusplus04.zip
Acid.OMG
Adept

Post by Acid.OMG »

player wrote:lms++ allows midgame join
if you want to force 8 lives on midgame join, it is not too hard to edit the mod above either, extract the source and
try changing the "event PlayerPawn Login" in LastManStanding.uc

alternative mirror: lmsplusplus04.zip
Apreciate the help.. Especially from billy!!

So LMS++..... If this allows midgame joining.. Why can't I just set the frag limit to 8... You are saying I would have to make a new copy of it and manually change that?
[/Awesome]
player
Novice

Post by player »

coz the one joining midgame will only got no. of lives equal that of the player with lowest lives left. suit LMS but not for your case, so you have to make some changes. much better than starting from scratch anyway.
Acid.OMG
Adept

Post by Acid.OMG »

player wrote:coz the one joining midgame will only got no. of lives equal that of the player with lowest lives left. suit LMS but not for your case, so you have to make some changes. much better than starting from scratch anyway.
That doesn't make sense... Is that how its setup? I am not very crafty with mutators or mods.. So you are saying I would have to make a new gametype based off lms++ and modify that line for lives? Got any more detail on that?

I am not too sure on the compiling process etc... But could I just comment this out and save?

event playerpawn Login
(
string Portal,
string Options,
out string Error,
class<playerpawn> SpawnClass
)
{
local playerpawn NewPlayer;
local Pawn P;

// if more than 15% of the game is over, must join as spectator
if ( TotalKills > 0.15 * (NumPlayers + NumBots) * Lives )
{
bDisallowOverride = true;
SpawnClass = class'CHSpectator';
if ( (NumSpectators >= MaxSpectators)
&& ((Level.NetMode != NM_ListenServer) || (NumPlayers > 0)) )
{
MaxSpectators++;
}
}
NewPlayer = Super.Login(Portal, Options, Error, SpawnClass);

if ( (NewPlayer != None) && !NewPlayer.IsA('Spectator') && !NewPlayer.IsA('Commander') )
NewPlayer.PlayerReplicationInfo.Score = Lives;

return NewPlayer;
}
[/Awesome]
player
Novice

Post by player »

not sure on the line "if ( TotalKills > 0.15 * (NumPlayers + NumBots) * Lives )" as this might prevent new player from joining
eg. 0.15 * 2 * 8 = 2.4, so if 3 kills within 1 min by first 2 guys then next guy cannot join
it depends on what exactly you want to do.
i'm afraid i cannot provide any more help from here. (i suppose u've recompiled it successfully, right?)
i wish there were more time b4 your tournament.
Acid.OMG
Adept

Post by Acid.OMG »

I just want to have people join anytime with 8 lives to start. I need to use LMS++ because regular LMS doesnt work with zeroping and it doesnt let you join mid game.

But I just want them to start with 8 lives when they join
[/Awesome]
player
Novice

Post by player »

(wrong code)
Last edited by player on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acid.OMG
Adept

Post by Acid.OMG »

Anyone know how to flawlessly compile this for the server. Like whats the steps to editing that mod and saving it for use?
[/Awesome]
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:

Code: Select all

event playerpawn Login
(
	string Portal,
	string Options,
	out string Error,
	class<playerpawn> SpawnClass
)
{
	local playerpawn NewPlayer;
	local Pawn P;

// if more than 15% of the game is over, must join as spectator
	{
		{
			MaxSpectators++;
		}
	}
	NewPlayer = Super.Login(Portal, Options, Error, SpawnClass);

if ( (NewPlayer != None) && !NewPlayer.IsA('Spectator') && !NewPlayer.IsA('Commander') )

return NewPlayer;
}
stop them joining as spec:

copy paste this whole section but remove this part

{
		{
			MaxSpectators++;
		}
	}
How many lives do you want them to start with?

swap the Lives variable in this with the number
player
Novice

Post by player »

to acid: sry for the wrong code.. i have pm-ed you again with compiled file
to billybill: that was my first thought too, spotted something wrong in practice so edited a bit and resent file to acid, but acid may not read it b4 his tournament .. :(
Acid.OMG
Adept

Post by Acid.OMG »

Apreciate the help. We ended up doing DM with 9999 frag limit. And we had someone manually remove people who hit 8 deaths. Had to because the server admin didn't show up tonight and I dont have access to ftp =/

I will still test and use what you made so next time we can do it.. Really appreciate th help

If you are interested here is the stream
[/Awesome]
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:No problem. There are numerous ways you could go about the intro playing too. And I am a big fan of twitch tv and streaming whatever game, and whether it be BT CTF DM Coop etc. I think more people should do it, even for mapping maybe even mod making hehe. It really is a way to attract more players to games. Unfortunately I have let my thoughts known to far too many people that I don't have it in me to do commentary but I have huge respect to those who put themselves out there and do that. I am more of behind the scenes volunteer guy who make sures everything runs smoothly :P