Tag Gametypes

Discussions about GameTypes
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Tag Gametypes

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Freetag - FT-MapName
The match starts as Deathmatch. The first one that is fragged becomes the Tagger. He must frag someone else, this one will become the Tagger. Everyone has a counter that only runs if he is a Tagger.
- If the match has Time Limit, the player to win is the one that does have the least time a Tagger.
- If else, the winner is the one that has the biggest tagger-time-to-frags ratio (i.e. fragged the most, being the least as a Tagger.) The match ends when someone reaches an certain ratio, bigger than others'.

Anti-Tagger - AT-MapName
Just like Freetag, however:
- If the match don't have a time limit, the winner is the one that has most Anti-Tagger Score ("times fragged a Tagger when not a tagger" - "times that was fragged by non-Taggers as a tagger" i.e. in layman's terms, "fragged the Tagger the most as a non-Tagger, being fragged the least by non-Tagger as a Tagger"). The match ends when someone reaches a certain AT Score.

Last Tagger Standing - LTS-MapName
Just like Anti-Tagger, however:
- The match is split in rounds and only ends with the last round.
- Each round always has a time limit. When it ends, the next round starts and the player with the least AT-Score is eliminated. This repeats ad infinitum, until only remains one person, and he wins.

Passive Tag - PT-MapName
- The only weapon avaiable is the Translocator and telefrags are always disabled (instead the otherwise-telefragger is offset to somewhere near the telefragged, and the telefragged isn't telefragged), as people gently tag other people the old style... TOUCHING!
The Tagger touches a Non-Tagger. It becomes a Tagger and in a second must pursue others. The winner rules are the same applicable to Freetag -- the one that was the least time tagger. However, if time limit is ausent, the winner is the one that has been the least tagger, but the match ends only when someone has become tagger for a set time in total.

Zombie Tag - ZT-MapName
Just like Passive Tag, however:
- The tagger remains a tagger! Infectonator-style... The last survivor wins!
- Fragging and telefragging is re-enabled, but tagging remains by touch...Zombies must frag, as whenever they frag/tag at least seven people, they turn back to a survivor. And they win a Damage Amplifier tagging others!

Dying Zombie Tag - DZT-MapName
Just like Zombie Tag, however:
- Taggers die out after some time! If no tagger remains, a new round is started and a random person becomes a Tagger. Again, the last survivor wins! Zombies still must frag, as again, whenever they frag/tag at least seven people, they turn back to a survivor. And they win a Damage Amplifier tagging others!

Team Tag - TT-MapName
- The teams have a tagger-count. A tagger adds Tagger-count to a team. Rules are the same as Passive Tag's, but they are applied per bigas (as a team score, team win conditions), not per capita(as a personal score), like in most team games.

Team Passive Tag - TPT-MapName
A blend of Team Tag and Passive Tag.

Paralyzing Tag - PRL-MapName
Just like Team Passive Tag, however:
- Everyone is a Tagger. The people tagged are frozen (can't move) and can't tag others until a teammate touches them (unfreezing).
- Time Limit: Winner is the one that remained the least time frozen.
- No Time Limit: The match ends when someone achieves a certain time frozen, but the winner must has the least of it.

--Edit by UnrealGecko--

Respond, toc toc, please respond...

Patience, grasshopper... I mean don't double post so quickly.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Tag Gametypes

Post by papercoffee »

First off ...stop double posting!! This is getting annoying.
Second, this is no Facebook or Chat. You have to be patient.
And Third, what is your question?

Do you want to make this game types or do you search for coder or do you simply want to discuss them?
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

I'm pretty sure I once saw a mutator that did the whole Freetag thing, I do like the idea. But it sounds like you plan it to work on their own map types and that would be way too much work, why not just the same old Deathmatch maps as most other game types?
And what's the point of getting a Damaga Amplifier on a game mode that only allows the Translocator as weapon? Telefrags are already as lethal as they can be.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Please don't feed this guy by responding. It's only going to go downhill.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

JackGriffin wrote:Please don't feed this guy by responding. It's only going to go downhill.
I think that most of us old skool clients can tell if someone is hungry.....just some of us like to feed just to make it clear enough for others to see.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

It doesn't go in their own maps, but I just put their prefixes that would be used.
Rather, I don't know to make mutators or gametypes. And my idea came from one mutator that had roughly the concept of Freetag, with tagger time. But it only appeared me when I was searching for "Tag" in the wiki (what I was looking for was Legacy:Event).
It has become clear some keep blaming me of somethings, like in other forums. I just don't understand... :noidea
I will try to avoid reposting, bumping less often, removing bumpers... but either... About the grasshoppers...
UnrealGecko wrote:Patience, grasshopper...
Image :???:
I know it's you UnrealGecko, I'm Piccolo Dai-Ma-Ku! :tongue:
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Sorry I couldn't resist there. I wrote that one because I remembered a loading screen from some old game (forgot it's name, I think it was a kung fu fighting game.) that had that as a loading screen text :P
also nice pic you posted :loool:
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I don't know to make mutators or gametypes, I would instead ask other people (example Feralidragon) until I have more UScript experience than the actual one (I just learnt to use ForEach! :P )....

Weapon of Destruction
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

There is examples about making mutators here... viewforum.php?f=6

Not too sure about making a gametype but an idea example is looking at SiegeIV or any other gametype that is custom made by looking at the source code..
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I am experimenting more with ForEach so, I'm sorry, for now I'd call Ferali.
Some hours later...
Image MODE ACTIVATED!!! :rock:
There should be a sleeping smiley...

Weapon of Destruction
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Ferali has retired from UT99 sadly. To bad really because Higor has opened up much more possibilities with XCGE.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

SC]-[LONG_{HoF} wrote:Ferali has retired from UT99 sadly. To bad really because Higor has opened up much more possibilities with XCGE.
What is XCGE? If it is useful, can I use it?

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Gustavo6046 wrote: can I use it?
I don't know if you can use it ... read here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5624
It's very complex to understand for non-coder.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Wiait, Paper! You are perfect! You MUST help me code these gametypes. How did you made the Burger CTF?

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I had a very capable coder in my team ...I was only responsible for the concept and textures ...and I was the team leader but coding is not my cub of tee (I mean coffee).