FlagDom

Discussions about GameTypes
Culprit
Novice

FlagDom

Post by Culprit »

Its an old mod I know, but I thought it would work well with more custom maps made for it. The ones ive seen didnt really fit to how i wanted. So ive finally finished a map that hopefully compliments this gametype.

Ive tried to make it a little more tactical or strategic, rather than just shoot shoot. And as I continued to add to the map, I thought the use of NAliWeapons3 Cybots would help a lot with the strategy side.

So I hope you will grab a few friends and try out this game. unreall://108.61.209.35:7377

With enough players, I think this could turn into a good long battle :)
Culprit
Novice

Re: FlagDom

Post by Culprit »

Heres a little more detail on the game..

At last my first map for this server has finally been completed. So now its probably best for me to explain the idea of this game.

:: RULES & OBJECTIVES ::
Unlock Your Team Base Weapons Using The Pyramids.

Gain Team Points By Capturing Any/All 3 Flags.
Image Image Image

Find The Hut That Triggers The BIG Weapons Bunker.

To Access More Weapons And Pickups (Open For 2 Minutes).

Use Big Guns To Lookout For Incoming Manouvers.

Infiltrate Your Enemy Base To Lock Their Weapons.

Find Boots And Suits To Help You Stay Alive.
Dominate Key Strategic Points To Ensure Control.
Build Cybot Defences To Secure Your Bases And Ambush Points.

========================================================================
The gametype used as a base to work on, is Flag Domination. Like CTF, but here, 2 teams pursue the capture of 3 flags, which are situated in a neutral part of the map. Instead of scoring points just for a simple capture, a team retains as many flags as possible and accumulates points for as long as they stay in their respective flagbases, situated in each teams base.

Points accumulate faster with the more flags they can defend.

The flag names are shown on screen. They are called Lunar, Solar and Stellar and have their own specailly designed 'flag'

ImageImageImage

Ok, so thats the gametype. BUT there will be a whole lot more to this server, as most weapons have been switched for some serious asswhooping.

Gameplay might be more stealth like and tactical rather than just shoot shoot. All maps will likely be custom made as there are a few standard maps that suit the intention of the server. Some possibly could be rehashed though.. Im hoping some of you might be interested in helping map for this server, when you get the feel of it.

Each map would probably have several phases as the time ticks away. First of all, the weapons, where like MonsterHunt, you can stock up on not all, but most available in the current map. But hey.. they are LOCKED to begin with, leaving you with just a few starting weapons, which still kick ass No problem though.. half of the team can go hunt a flag, while the other half can do a little 'Bunnytrack' rush to unlock those meaty guns! Nothing too pro.. Its not a cup match.. Just a minute of friendly jumps, boosts or dodges.

Ok so 5 minutes into the game and youve grabbed one flag, maybe fought over another. Depending on how the teams choose to play, sooner or later one team will temporarily hold all 3 flags.. Or maybe not..?.. Did your team go for the direct approach of gaining team points? Or did you take your time and grab the extra hefty weapons from the neutral zone high up above? In some games it could prove worthwhile to set up some cybots to help you defend some key strategic areas... This might give a slight feel of Siege... Your flagbases? The hefty weapons area? The flagroom? Maybe at the teams entrances to the outside part of the map?

With a good amount of players this server could promise a very heavy lengthy battle to the finish. Obviously some maps may need different tactics. I have a few more planned which may take some time to finish, so please get familiar with the first custom map and bring your friends for a kickass tactical fight.

Please get in touch if you have some time/interest in mapping or general development. Any questions please leave comments.

I hope this server brings some fun to many. Enjoy!

http://qut99.com/QSOL/showthread.php?67 ... =80#post80
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Soooo ...do I understand this right? You have to "collect" the flags and bring it back to your base and keep them into the flag-zone to gain points. You have to hold them? Or can you drop them into the zone?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Been awhile since I played this gametype, good to see it getting a new map :tu:. I might join this weekend for a playtest.

Looking at the pics, looks like the map uses quite a few of custom texture packages. That might take awhile for some people to download... Also some textures look overstreched, looking all pixely and stuff :P.

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay. :rock:
Culprit
Novice

Post by Culprit »

Hi people :) Each flag has its own receptacle yes. U just run to it and it will say captured, so u can continue :) In this map, there is a hut for each flag. Image Image

The textures, well there are some custom yes. But it will probably take longer for the weapons rather than the textures, as in this map there are a few NW3 ones being used. It shouldnt take toooo long though, there is a redirect for all files, so hopefully should be tolerable. Hope you enjoy :)