New gametype ideas

Discussions about GameTypes
italianstal1ion
Novice
Personal rank: Marauder

New gametype ideas

Post by italianstal1ion »

I was wondering if any of these gametypes already existed or are able to be created. I'm certain they can be made, but I don't have enough coding experience for them. All gametypes can be played Team or FFA. All the numbers listed should be changeable variables.

1. Juggernaut/V.I.P.
--1 player starts as juggernaut. Is given special abilities like speed and/or extra health/armor
--A player who kills the juggernaut becomes the juggernaut
--Goal is to be juggernaut for a set amount of time
-----Extra options include what powerups the juggernaut is given.
-----Alternate gameplay; ONLY as juggernaut do your kills give you points. Goal is to get so many kills as juggernaut.

2. Collector
--X amount of items are placed randomly around the map (from 1-6)
--One team has to collect all items to score. Any person on the team can have any number of the items, as long as one team has all the items.
--If a person with the item is killed, they drop the item.
-----Alternate gameplay; only ONE item can be held by a person at a time and must be returned to your base. When all items are at your base, you score. Items can be picked up by the opposite team at your base.

3. Hold/Carrier
--X amount of items are placed around the map (from 1-4)
--Only 1 item can be carried by a person at a time, but multiple people on the same team can carry the item.
--The goal is to carry the item for X amount of time.
-----Extra options include Additive Timing: if multiple people on your team carry the item then the time counts double. Simple Timing: If multiple people on your team have the item, the timing does not change.

4. King of the Hill
(Yes I know it is included in ChaosUT, could someone just make it for regular UT?)
--While players are in the designated area then the timer counts up
--Goal is to be in the designated area for X amount of time
---Extra options include - moving hill, the hill will move from one place to another every X amount of seconds.

5. Assassin
--1 person is set as the Assassin, and 1 person is set as the Target.
--When the Assassin kills the Target, then they score, 1 point.
--Whoever kills the Assassin becomes the Assassin.
--If the Target kills the Assassin, then the Target gets 5 points and becomes the Assassin.
--When the Target is killed, a random player is then chosen to be the next target.
-----Extra options include;
-Possible buffs for the Target or assassin like more health etc.
-The player with the lowest score becomes the next Target
-Exponential score for Assassin; if the Assassin kills 2 Target without dying, then they get 2 points. 3 in a row, 3 points. 4 points for 4 etc.
-If Target is killed by someone who is not the Assassin then a set amount of points are deducted, or the killer becomes the Target.
-Changeable point values for Target killing the Assassin.

6. Zombies/Infestation
--1 person starts as 'zombie' (blue team), everyone else is 'human' (red team)
--If a zombie kills a human, then the human changes to zombie team.
--Goal; For the Human team to reach X amount of kills, or for everyone to join the blue, 'zombies' team.
-----Extra options include - zombies can only use melee weapons. Players can't use some weapons.

7. Tag(basically the opposite of juggernaut)
(yes I know Bazooka Tag is already created, but its not exactly the same)
--1 person is randomly selected to be "It"
--The next person they kill is "It"
--A person who has been it for X amount of time is eliminated from the game, when they are eliminated, a random person is selected to be it.
--The goal is to be the last one left, having not been "it" for the set amount of time.
-----Extra options include buffs for whoever is "it". Also options for whoever is selected to be "it" after someone has been eliminated, like the person with the highest score or lowest etc.

8. Boomball extended
-Extra options for boomball to make the player stay at the enemies base for a set amount of time before the bomb explodes.
-Option for a single place where the bomb needs to be set instead of each team's base. Works best if the bomb needs some time to explode.
-The bomb can be set then can be 'deactivated' by an opponent. Then the ball is randomly spawned at a new location.

9. Conditions(a mixture of other gametypes, sort of like assault)
--Goals are set for each team, like get 10 kills etc.
--the 2nd goal might be bring capture the flag 5 times, but cannot be done until the 10 kills is reached.
---2-5 Goals can be set. Goals include kills, flag captures, item captures etc. Anything a gametype can offer, but not something like "blow up the generator" because assault already covers those things.

10. Team Seperation
--Teams are essentially split into 2(or more, depending on the map) sections in the map. One half of the team may need to Capture the Flag 5 times, while the other half of the team needs to get 20 kills.
--Goal - to reach one of these goals. The team that finishes one of their goals first wins.
----Extra options; the team that finishes all goals first wins. Doesn't have to be in any order.
----Players that finish their map/goal go to the other half of the team to help them on their goal.
----Online Alternate Play; each player has their own section of the map and are pitted against one other online player or a bot. The player must reach his/her goal before the other players. So basically a set of 1v1 matches, whoever reaches 10 points of [kills, flag captures etc] first, wins.

I couldn't think of any more...please tell me if these have been made before and where to find them. I know some are similar, and some could probably be mixed together, but I just put out all my ideas. I'll probably add more actually.
SickSightMetal

Re: New gametype ideas

Post by SickSightMetal »

I'm not really sure about if it is already around, But i would love to see a zombie one. I think it would be great if as a zombie you could get more kills and use more weapons, or maybe rank up to another undead figure (vampires, Ghosts, etc...)
-Feint-
Skilled
Personal rank: Amateur Mapper

Post by -Feint- »

Testaccount wrote:The best two I see here is Carrier & Zombies.

Zombies doesn't necessarily have to be a new gametype. More a Mutator/Scripted Map which switches players over when killed by a certain team.
DanomanUK@i4games-Forum wrote:Nah, people bitch one way or another.
You cant win as a mapper ;)
awergh
Novice

Post by awergh »

i really like the zombie one, for assasins there is the similar assasins mod which you have a person who you have to kill but everyone has a different person to assasinate, there is not just one assasin.

for king of the hill ive got some mods that might be this but i havent played them, i got them from ut-files.com but that doesnt seem to be up
dark minotaur

Post by dark minotaur »

monster hunt all the way monster hunt all the way