UT99.org Community Map Pack 2 Screenshots

Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Re: UT99.org Community Map Pack 2 Screenshots

Post by Shadow »

Feralidragon wrote: Really? That's very cool.
I think the most important things that the 3rd mappack could have from your pack are: new mesh system (due to decoration and stuff), the particle emitters/wheather (that seems to going well) and the pickups/weapons.
Of course, dynamic lensflares/coronas and projectors and such are a very important thing also to the mapping, but at least I consider those 3 far more important to any mapper nowadays.

As for me, it's too late for me to use your vehicle system (will use Dot's one instead for now) or your weapons system now, but I'm looking forward to use it to the maps I want to make for a new SP campaign.

Btw, I don't know if I told you this yet, but don't rush or fix a release date this time. Place it full TBD (when it's done, it's done, period), and take your time.

As for me, I will be honest, I am doing things without counting with your pack now, but I will use it when if it becomes a reality by then.

So good luck :tu:

(btw, ask Shade to reopen your SDK forums again)
Yes, really ^^
The subforum isn't there without purpose ;D

oh yeah the new mesh system will boost the optical map quality into new heights ! all objects, architecture, decos etc. will look much more better !

the wide range of usage of the emitters is omnipotente and doesn't need to be discussed ^^

Yes I'll take my time to finish everything in a final and stable state ! But Updates will be necessary as far as I can see..

..and thanks ! I'll keep everybody updated !
Rob_Master Builder
Adept
Personal rank: Level Designer :-)

Post by Rob_Master Builder »

Sergeant Todd wrote:I'm looking forward to Rob "The Master Builder'' Parker's new map DM-Nocturnal. His map DM-Epitaph was part of the famous UNLD Nocturnal mappack (the whole pack is 5 out of 5 - if you don't have it, google it) and is my favorite UT DM ever. sheck it out :D
:oops: Thats big praise Indeed, thanks Todd, I hope the map turns out good enougth that you like It mate. :oops:

Shadow wrote:yes, in other words: I'm looking forward offering to release the first official full version of the SDK to come with the 3rd community pack AND exclusive help for those mappers willing to work with it, who are mapping for the community pack

Exclusive Help: I'm HERE if someone should need me, others have to live with, indeed detailed and well thought, bundled tutorials, test maps and (online) documentation.
I cant wait to start mapping with what you've done, updated mesh support, emitters etc! Great stuff. :rock: :tu: :bio:
Solis

Post by Solis »

It's nice to see new maps being worked on for the original UT. There were a lot of promising mods and maps that were in development over the years that ended up moving to other games or simply stopped being worked on (typically the latter).

Does the updated D3D/OGL renderer allow for additional graphical effects to be used in these maps that aren't possible on standard UT, or is that something that isn't possible through a simple map file?
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Solis wrote:It's nice to see new maps being worked on for the original UT. There were a lot of promising mods and maps that were in development over the years that ended up moving to other games or simply stopped being worked on (typically the latter).
I agree, Solis. With mappers like the Master Builder still putting out great maps, this game will live on......new maps, new texture packs, new pickups..I love it all!! :D
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Rob_Master Builder wrote: I cant wait to start mapping with what you've done, updated mesh support, emitters etc! Great stuff. :rock: :tu: :bio:
Yeah, thank you dude ! Nice to hear
Solis wrote:Does the updated D3D/OGL renderer allow for additional graphical effects to be used in these maps that aren't possible on standard UT, or is that something that isn't possible through a simple map file?
Well you'll definitly need new Actors that are placed in your map, thus you'll need to have the SDK installed (with the new renderer), otherwise it doesn't really make sense to me.. so.. a shipped map, as one single file won't give you the possibility of emitters, projectors, shaders etc.
Dudidum
Personal rank: Botkiller

Post by Dudidum »

Nice! It's good to see that UT is still being played!
A great game which runs on nearly every machine nowadays! (like starcraft or AOE2 :rock:)
niX
Experienced
Personal rank: shock whore

Post by niX »

hi im still alive... kinda :pfff:
Rob_Master Builder
Adept
Personal rank: Level Designer :-)

Post by Rob_Master Builder »

Dosent this just annoy the hell out of you when posts like this waste our time, had the same problem on my last teams website. :roll:
They've posted a few times as well guys.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Don't bother! nix is out of the pack already for several weeks, just forgot him anywise. But now it does not matter anymore because we are .. well nearly finished.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Sergeant Todd
Adept

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Creavion wrote:Don't bother! nix is out of the pack already for several weeks, just forgot him anywise. But now it does not matter anymore because we are .. well nearly finished.
Creavion, will you release it b 4 March 12th? (my birthday, mate ha ha :D.....

come back

Sergeant Todd
UT/UT2004 Voicepacks
Levels4you.com

:mrgreen:
Sergeant Todd
---------------

Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

No
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
niX
Experienced

Post by niX »

Rob_Master Builder wrote:Dosent this just annoy the hell out of you when posts like this waste our time, had the same problem on my last teams website. :roll:
who the hell are you? :???:
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

One of the mappers in the team, and a reliable one..
Why do you ask, nix? :tongue:
About to be non-active
Sergeant Todd
Adept

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Rob_Master Builder wrote:Dosent this just annoy the hell out of you when posts like this waste our time, had the same problem on my last teams website. :roll:
Rob, howz the map coming, mate?...come back

think I'll take a swim :)

Donna says "Boo"
Sergeant Todd
---------------

niX
Experienced

Post by niX »

niX wrote:
who the hell are you? :???:
because he is talking sh*t :nonono: