Merging 2 Maps?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
SAFreeStyler
Novice
Personal rank: Awsome RX Player

Merging 2 Maps?

Post by SAFreeStyler »

Its Combining 2 maps Possibel? as i have seen BT maps with alot of Defult maps Merged together to make one big bt map with alot of the editors ideas? can someone please tell me if its possibel and how i would go about doing it... thank's in advanced
The one and only

[*SA*]FreeStyler

I am a : UT Mapper, Gamer, and a Admin

Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: Merging 2 Maps?

Post by Creavion »

SAFreeStyler wrote:Its Combining 2 maps Possibel? as i have seen BT maps with alot of Defult maps Merged together to make one big bt map with alot of the editors ideas? can someone please tell me if its possibel and how i would go about doing it... thank's in advanced
Uhm you could do this

File > Export (*.t3d) and import that level stuff into existing level then or you copy simply everything from one to an other map. (rightclick on any actor, Select All, STRG+C or copy and in the other map, STRG+V or paste).

Is this what you wanted to know?
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
SAFreeStyler
Novice
Personal rank: Awsome RX Player

Post by SAFreeStyler »

Creavion wrote:
SAFreeStyler wrote:Its Combining 2 maps Possibel? as i have seen BT maps with alot of Defult maps Merged together to make one big bt map with alot of the editors ideas? can someone please tell me if its possibel and how i would go about doing it... thank's in advanced
Uhm you could do this

File > Export (*.t3d) and import that level stuff into existing level then or you copy simply everything from one to an other map. (rightclick on any actor, Select All, STRG+C or copy and in the other map, STRG+V or paste).

Is this what you wanted to know?
Awsome all i did is Right click and select all > then CTR: + C then loaded a map i wanted and pressed CTRL + V it worked.... :) Cheers
The one and only

[*SA*]FreeStyler

I am a : UT Mapper, Gamer, and a Admin

Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Sry If I say this but these are normal Windows shortcuts, they work in nearly every programm. :tongue:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
basics
Experienced
Personal rank: game server admin

Post by basics »

yes this is possible.
u open 2 ut editors one u open one map in the othe u open the second map.
u look what textures there are used.
and u open them in both editors.
make shure u opend all textures in the secondary editor....even look in the textures embeded in the map... MYLEVEL
and export them if needed to reopen in the seconadry editor.
then u select everything in one editor u copy it .. ctrl + c then u past it in the second editor were u opend all textures used in the other map.
and u do ctrl + V = paste it there.
u need to look into the size of everything to make shure everything is in the same proportions.
cheers and have fun editing.
shadow342
Average
Personal rank: UT map maker

Post by shadow342 »

Just remember, the bigger Polys one brush has, the mroe likely you are going to have BSP problems. (I usually make all my complex brushes nonsolid with an invisible semisolid surounding it, but in this case you can't.)