Very weird bug!!

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
[]Coi[]
Novice

Very weird bug!!

Post by []Coi[] »

Last time I have some maps, when I open them in editor, its ok. But when I open it 2nd time, and I look around, it somely crashed with no error message. I open it again and I set mode to Wireframe, but I saw something very strange.
All brushes just seem to be dissappeared. I can only see the items in Wireframe. But in Dynamic Light I still see the world.
But when I build all, the world is indeed completely dissappeared! Do someone know how to fix this? :???: :sleep: :roll: :? :(

Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:08 pm
I forgot to say, the maps that crash in UnrealEd, came mostly from CacheCleaner (with that program you are able to download stuff you played on multiplayer).
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Re: Very weird bug!!

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

Edit button is pretty useful, youi know ;) Merged 2 posts in 1.

Answering your question, I have never encountered such an error , perhaps the map had brushes deleted initially?
gades
Average
Personal rank: UT BotMast3r

Post by gades »

I've had this bug happen as well. Top view only shows items and not the wireframes. And flat out instant crashes when you attempt to move the 3d viewport. I didn't know rebuilding would delete the world though.

Another problem I notice is that decals simply don't show up in certain levels. Like DOM-Deck16]I[, decals refuse to appear in the new sections of the level, but in the original Deck16][ sections, they still show.
[]Coi[]
Novice

Post by []Coi[] »

I posted 2 posts cuz then I was be able to download things here :lol2:

Do you also use CacheCleaner?
dynaphase
Average
Personal rank: since99

Post by dynaphase »

Find your UnrealEd.ini file in UT system folder...

1. Make backup of it... (copy it, then paste them on Desktop for example).
2. Open it with notepad, then delete all values in it, save it...
3. Run uEd again... i think there after all, will be just fine... Unreal Ed will fill that ini file with basic lines witch you need to see your map.

If you have any custom made lines in old UnirealEd.ini file, find you backup, copy that lines and paste them in your new UnrealEd.ini file.
UT forever