2ds files

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Acid.OMG
Adept
Personal rank: XFIRE: mmmmtoasty

2ds files

Post by Acid.OMG »

Does anyone have any .2ds files ? or a site that has some. If not we should start up a site where ppl can submit theirs
[/Awesome]
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: 2ds files

Post by GenMoKai »

Sorry for being harsh agian... but i think this isnt a good idea so far cause .2ds are simple things you can make. And lots of mappers create there own ones... Else you got over fifty .2ds files from only my rig. Think about it... 10 mappers have fifty .2ds files each... it will be 500, i think its to much/waste of space

let me hear what the other think so far

p.s. Acid.OMG you will get a PM from me :wink: dont worry, nothing wrong
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
-Feint-
Skilled
Personal rank: Amateur Mapper

Post by -Feint- »

Testaccount wrote:Perhaps a few essential brush files would be useful, say the common ramps, donuts and curved walls.

However most of these custom brushes that players have can be easily recreated by other mappers. Also its worth learning how to make them yourself rather than using other peoples.
That way you will learn about irregular polygons and high bsp counts.

I say its a nice idea but make it limited.
DanomanUK@i4games-Forum wrote:Nah, people bitch one way or another.
You cant win as a mapper ;)
Acid.OMG
Adept

Post by Acid.OMG »

-K¡ngS- wrote:Perhaps a few essential brush files would be useful, say the common ramps, donuts and curved walls.

However most of these custom brushes that players have can be easily recreated by other mappers. Also its worth learning how to make them yourself rather than using other peoples.
That way you will learn about irregular polygons and high bsp counts.

I say its a nice idea but make it limited.

well i have those extra brushes but i have seen alot of sniping maps and notice dthey have similar things such as the same benches and various other home made brushes so i was wondering if they had a site with them

i think maybe i will use part of my ut99 site for that i will start a new topid and have people eithe rput them ther eor pm me them and i will only put on ones that are good enough :idea:
[/Awesome]
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Man, if you said .t3d (brushes), yeah, you can ask that and obtain good ones for your maps, now 2ds files, they are just 2d view of things, you can do anything like those, and mappers have a huge amount of them (and even that I don't map much, already have like 20 of them for just 2 maps, now imagine people that map a lot).

Ask .t3d instead, t3d are very used, for example, in sp maps, a lot of unreal brushes are used and not modified at all, like triggers, doors, chairs and stuff.
Acid.OMG
Adept

Post by Acid.OMG »

td3 how do i use those?
[/Awesome]
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Acid.OMG wrote:td3 how do i use those?
.t3d is the 3D model format that UT uses to import/export brushes. However, .t3d seems to loose its texture coordinates and info when imported to UT, but it don't loose them when exported (weird). Anyway, you can export and import brushes to/from .t3d, and save them in your HD. While .2ds files are 2D editor files that anyone (I mean really ANYONE) can do them, .t3d instead are unique, as they are pure 3D models.

That's why I said that a lot of Unreal brushes like triggers and doors are stored into .t3d, you can also make terrain in a more apropriate 3D modelling program, then convert/save it as .t3d and import it into Ued as map BSP.
NinjaNali
Average

Post by NinjaNali »

Feralidragon wrote:.t3d is the 3D model format that UT uses to import/export brushes. However, .t3d seems to loose its texture coordinates and info when imported to UT, but it don't loose them when exported (weird).
What, really? Is there anyway to get around this at all so that models will keep UV coordinates?