MH-Godz(The-Final-Frontier) my map in progress

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
mmdanggg2
Novice

MH-Godz(The-Final-Frontier) my map in progress

Post by mmdanggg2 »

I have recently started to make maps and I have always liked the map MH-Godz so I used that as my template its not finished yet but I'm working on it. you will need to download all the files.

HTTP://jbhorsley.googlepages.com/MH-God ... ontier.unr put this into your \maps directory
HTTP://jbhorsley.googlepages.com/mypackage.u put this into your \system
HTTP://jbhorsley.googlepages.com/lavafx.utx}
HTTP://jbhorsley.googlepages.com/liquids.utx}
HTTP://jbhorsley.googlepages.com/genfluid.utx} put these into your \textures
HTTP://jbhorsley.googlepages.com/genin.utx}
HTTP://jbhorsley.googlepages.com/fluid.utx}

you can also download monster hunt here HTTP://www.moddb.com/mods/monster-hunt/downloads
Last edited by mmdanggg2 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dxej
Average
Personal rank: Retired

Re: MH-Godz(The-Final-Frontier) my map in progress

Post by dxej »

those textures are stock ut. so noone need those..
but ok. ill check it out
Latest map » CTF-Sanctum
Work in Progress » A BT Map in Gray & White style ; a w00tabulous map ; a regular CTF map & another big project.
Rob_Master Builder
Adept
Personal rank: Level Designer :-)

Post by Rob_Master Builder »

First I have something to admit, I havent played that many MH maps but I am a fan and I like how they have parallels with single player levels that shipped with Unreal.
I'm mentioning this Incase some of the clever Ideas In this map maybe taken from others. :)

I hope I dont come across to harsh as I realise your a begginer, I'm hopefully helping guide you somewhat by pointing out some mistakes or pitfalls to be aware of...
Better get on with It ;

Design/theme :

Not sure of your setting, I'm guessing a Mayan temple of some sort. You need to make this more distictive, a sense of place or atleast consistency In your theme Is Important.
You dont have enougth variation In texture usage so the main entrance way/start point for example looks very boring.
Lighting Is either at almost 100% brightness (no shadows etc) or In one section pitch black, you need contrasts but not to this extreeme. Had to cross my fingers and hoped I was going the right direction at one point.
Your architecture Is basic primitives subtracted out to form the rooms, corridors etc again needs some work to make It more appealing, supports, door ways/arches, ceilings.
An Idea Is to get a book on architecture, or use the Internet to get an Idea on the sort of details you can add to make a room/building/corridor/ship/landscape whatever look better.

Music :
None used.

Sound FX :
None used.

Playabiliity :

If I'm honest I didnt enjoy this map, the four platform rooms were no fun to navigate and when entering the portals to each zone, being attack by lots of creatures dosent always work, not when you only have two lives and one enforcer.

The 'Idea' the mapper had of trials the player has to go througth In order to gain the weapons, nice Idea.
Having the Pupae falling Into a pocket of water behind me when I had my back to them, making me spin around to see all the buggers jumping after me.
Watching thier jibs floating around In the low gravity thanks to the ASMD.

Dis-likes :

How the trials were Implimented, the four rooms with progressivly small platforms to jump on are next to Impossible to work your way up. It's a classic begginers mistake like putting all the weapons/power ups In one room, doing something like this, UT Is a fast paced FPS not a platform game, big mistake, very frustrating. I cursed you a few times! :D
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

GODZ!!! :mrgreen: My favorite crap my along with Hebereke. I'm gonna check it out tonight and tell what I think.
Btw, you should try MH-GODZsaltisfied out , it is the best godz map up to date.
Rob_Master Builder
Adept
Personal rank: Level Designer :-)

Post by Rob_Master Builder »

Can you chuck me a url to this map!?!? 8)
mmdanggg2
Novice

Post by mmdanggg2 »