Bots don't stand still on horizontal lift

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Higor
Godlike

Re: Bots don't stand still on horizontal lift

Post by Higor »

I think we need a sticky post in the mapping section (to be maintained by Nelsona and the moderator team) to have a list of functional MH maps that meet all strict criterias.
Some strict requirements I'd put:

- Bots can play from beginning to end.
- Doesn't require UTJMH to be finishable.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

UTJMH is pretty dumb.
I don't see anywhere there preventing player to get health when is is state dead and then player get stuck being dead with health growing. Looks like at V2.9 nobody saw this stupid issue. If default MH somehow works at Skaarj in several simple maps, by using UTJMH things went much worst - tiiimeeeer... Did I mention no scaling stuff making Bot to no more understand ammo ? Did I mention that Bot doesn't receive any weapon using this Mod because "Bot is bugged" ? Sure this prophanity become a rule...

I might want to rewrite something as a regenerator mod which won't be happening inside a mutator, I'm getting bored to see things from several maps removing them and me, ADMIN, I RULE MY GAME plus I never loved that timer "pawnlisting" each second, in 2016 I think is time to drop that in trash-box. The problem is I might don't care about regenerators this was one of stupid mapping way leading in empty cubes >>
- <we have regen in our "server" so we don't need pickups>
- <you are losers acting against people playing Off-Line originally as long as regenerators make Bot retarded due to stupid codes which they use>

This map doesn't have Skaarj but... we have others. Of course, a tool dropped in MyLevel makes Skaarj almost like they are never bugged.

Here are added required lava zones, keeping Bot fully operational, first lift is tuned different (using obstruction vs reachable timing). I'm not messing up at collision at monsters chapter. There is place for even 80 pieces wisely placed not 10 in 1.
MH-LavaCaves_Rv.zip
(367.73 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Change Movers sounds if you think that are not good this way.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sat May 21, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Instead of a regenerator or health-packs what about a healing zone ...some kind of healing-pot?
A stationary device where every player can heal themselves without snatching other team-member the health-pack.
Or maybe collectable ...like the Pudding (Jelly Jumper) from Food Fight. You throw it in a place where everyone can use it.

Didn't someone here on the forum create a healing gun? (I can make the texture :mrgreen: ) ...this gun could provide good points to the merciful player if they heal their comrades. Instead of shooting the monster is he healing the fighters.
This could be an interesting gameplay twist.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Like I said Bot won't use that - everything is against Bot and I'm not trying to understand this way.
Internal Bot code says that he cannot fire weapon against a friend.

Secondary I would like to see a type of relic with health dropped around player which won't disturb nobody (as I did OsPower for MH5.04) a fully rewritten relic in living-room, of course I got other idea about such "relics" - I read somewhere - a heavy modification of relic code - for me were 3 hours spent to write my own rather than 1 week for understanding other's code.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Pinata can be configured to drop health randomly as well as weapons and/or power-ups.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote:Pinata can be configured to drop health randomly as well as weapons and/or power-ups.
Pinata works only if player dies and the health-pack and vials can fall in unfavourable places, like a lava pit for example ...and bots love to jump into lava pits. :mrgreen:
sektor2111 wrote:Like I said Bot won't use that - everything is against Bot and I'm not trying to understand this way.
Internal Bot code says that he cannot fire weapon against a friend.
Then a stationary device replacing the health-pack ...you get instantly healed and bots don't have to use anything just walk over it to get health then they walk away because the device is deactivated for people with full health. But everyone else with lower health get its medicine. :wink:

Or ...because you mentioned a Relic. What about a Relic with some kind of forcefield ...a transportable healing zone.
Shadow worked once on an unfinished gametype for FF... some kind of King-of-hill and Bombing-Run mix. The player who picked up the device got a field around him and for every team member staying in this field got the team points.
Now imagine something similar with health instead of points.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I might think at something meant for stay together at least 2 hunters - if they split won't get healed. We might use Tagged iterations to track their stuff without PawnList-ing Timer. The rest of design belongs to anyone who like colors and meshes.

Also spawning some stuff around in relic style might be more helpful.
But we have empty Levels - silly, silly, silly...

And now, Watch Out, I think I can spawn some "PathNodes" in good locations without any prediction and/or bad attempt, I got an idea how to (would be cute to link them but... um... I'm not sure if this will be doable some day...). PathNodes spawned in very very perfect positions are going to be used as reference by main new "relic" core. Then... configuration for being used by some subclass if people want more types and coders can't wait for doing them...
Damn, I never thought that I will love to write simple states. Also we can slow down this because it looks like we are going OFF-Topic.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote: And now, Watch Out, I think I can spawn some "PathNodes" in good locations without any prediction and/or bad attempt, I got an idea how to (would be cute to link them but... um... I'm not sure if this will be doable some day...). PathNodes spawned in very very perfect positions are going to be used as reference by main new "relic" core. Then... configuration for being used by some subclass if people want more types and coders can't wait for doing them...
Damn, I never thought that I will love to write simple states. Also we can slow down this because it looks like we are going OFF-Topic.
Are you imitating my writing style? :|

Yeah this is going off-topic. An own thread would be more suitable.
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

What if bots want to go back? Put a button there, but things will broke. duh
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Then read again MH goal, Freelancer and Attacker in this Level won't EVER return at start in a game-type called MonsterHunt in original format, because of game directives (which are not known after all by human Level designer), even defender won't be happy... You say that FlagCarrier holding RedFlag will want at a moment to return at RedBase in CTF-Niven ? Keep dreaming... just wait him... a while... until he scores nicer... then it will return for a new capture... sure...
You misunderstood A.I. as I could see. For your knowledge we speak about A.I. following the program as described without deviation from RULES with sudden amnesia things (I must go back at start to see if I did not forgot my rifle there, :ironic: ). Bot won't forget MH mission, only these poor mappers have amnesia about how MH was supposed to be played and about Unreal Engine.
This Level is too simple for A.I. failures. Not everything is bugged as supposed...
papercoffee wrote: Are you imitating my writing style? :|

Yeah this is going off-topic. An own thread would be more suitable.
Umm... I've drink something, so my response might not be relevant. However you can create a topic named... I don't know how... and we can talk about whatever "simple solutions for big troubles" or such.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Bot pathing a horizontal lift WON'T work because Bots check for entering the lift matching the LiftCenter's LiftTag if it's vertical distance is near enough to the bot for it to jump in. It might even check for MaxDist2D for whether the lift is close enough horizontally, unless the value is set to zero as usual, and some other parameter I forgot it's name that is the Z height threshold where the bot should start getting in.

I probably should add this info to the Wiki's LiftCenter article... but it's all legacy and updating them is for some reason discouraged :? And I don't like breaking rules so... idk :noidea

BU:
Yeah, just because it's now 2013 let's make these UT99 jackasses misinformed by marking ALL UT99 articles legacy so they move on to us lelelelellelelelellellelele
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Last several weeks I have been testing 2 guns that somebody who calls himself "this" sent me.

A shock rifle mod. (ColorShockAgain) And a sniper gun. (Fproj.Clicker)

They both will heal/add health to players and bots who are on the same team as the weapons owner.
Also a few other interesting features with them. (You can fly around with them some, sorta like with the SMP pistol.)

Connect to my DM/AS/DOM or EXU server and they should land in your cache.
blarg
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Gustavo6046 wrote:I probably should add this info to the Wiki's LiftCenter article... but it's all legacy and updating them is for some reason discouraged :?
Discouraged does not mean forbidden...^^. If you think that a piece of information could be useful for others, add it there, please. That's what a Wiki is made for.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Barbie wrote:
Gustavo6046 wrote:I probably should add this info to the Wiki's LiftCenter article... but it's all legacy and updating them is for some reason discouraged :?
Discouraged does not mean forbidden...^^. If you think that a piece of information could be useful for others, add it there, please. That's what a Wiki is made for.
You heard Barbie (I meant read) ...Add content, not replace existing content.
Iacobus_Imrlz
Average

Post by Iacobus_Imrlz »

sektor2111 wrote:Here are added required lava zones, keeping Bot fully operational, first lift is tuned different (using obstruction vs reachable timing). I'm not messing up at collision at monsters chapter. There is place for even 80 pieces wisely placed not 10 in 1.
The attachment MH-LavaCaves_Rv.zip is no longer available
Change Movers sounds if you think that are not good this way.
Screenshot, music and skybox added, last room changed and a few new monster spots added.
(Needs double check on changed geometry and overall playtest. If changes didn't mess with paths and last room is doable, I think it's good to go)
Attachments
MH-LavaCaves_Rv2.rar
(443.27 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Shot0165.png