Map ideas topic

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Re: Map ideas topic

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

papercoffee wrote:I'll need help to get the bots through the portals to get the flag on the other side of the sphere.
You can try putting two other pathnodes where there are the portal surfaces. Just don't put 1 pathnode for any portal surface, put one for any couple.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Iacobus_Imrlz wrote:I haven't tested with bots yet , but isn't it exactly what's happening in that screenshot I posted? The pathnodes are being connected not by proximity but through the portals not only directly in the center but in the extremities where I created the loop.
Oh ...I must be blind. I didn't notice the path.
Maybe sektor can explain it (or some other bot-path guru), why exactly this is happening.
Well ...now I have to make this map.
Maybe two versions. One like a planetoid in a cage where you walk on the surface of the planetoid and another one like a dyson sphere.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

From the Unreal Wiki:
Unreal Wiki wrote: Warp Zones must be at least 72 units deep if you want players to be able to travel through them, but 128 units is reccomended. If you only want to be able to see "through" the warp zone and travel through it is not requires, then you can make it as shallow as you want. When pathing the zone place the final PathNode as deep into the Warp Zone as you can - this tends to prevent bots getting stuck in the Warp Zone itself.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm sorry, dudes, you are sloping too fast. I was a bit busy with some "train" specific stuff which looks like is challenging (a little). So I did a "Skeleton" Level - a root for something (if anyone needs that) - Not a bunch of stuff, but somehow I have 2 "trains" with a bit of noise and lights - not perfect, I would like to see some texture tweak at mover but... anyone can get a bit busy.
Off-Line Might look stable, small deviations On-Line...
[attachment=0]CTF-A_Trn.zip[/attachment]

Required stuff for a sort of train is in MyLevel and were used a few defaults (Dispatcher, TimedTrigger, etc.)
Level is build from root - all trash brushes are there for modifications...pathing, other zones, etc.

Edit:For some pathing I won't say bad things until I'll see geometry. PathNodes usually doesn't create too much linking area over holes, additional stuff might be required, that must be checked because presumptions are not good.
Attachments
CTF-A_Trn.zip
(277.2 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Renegade
Adept
Personal rank: Vigilante

Post by Renegade »

sektor2111 wrote:I'm sorry, dudes, you are sloping too fast. I was a bit busy with some "train" specific stuff which looks like is challenging (a little). So I did a "Skeleton" Level - a root for something (if anyone needs that) - Not a bunch of stuff, but somehow I have 2 "trains" with a bit of noise and lights - not perfect, I would like to see some texture tweak at mover but... anyone can get a bit busy.
Off-Line Might look stable, small deviations On-Line...
[attachment=0]CTF-A_Trn.zip[/attachment]

Required stuff for a sort of train is in MyLevel and were used a few defaults (Dispatcher, TimedTrigger, etc.)
Level is build from root - all trash brushes are there for modifications...pathing, other zones, etc.

Edit:For some pathing I won't say bad things until I'll see geometry. PathNodes usually doesn't create too much linking area over holes, additional stuff might be required, that must be checked because presumptions are not good.
Missing something called "NoRedemption"
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Renegade wrote:Missing something called "NoRedemption"
Add it...
Edit:I'm interested if anyone can post a feed back about a "test-log". Else means that this thread is just for posting posts and I'm the only idiot trying to do some stuff for team-mapping which nobody cares, as long as we can keep speaking about 1000 things and doing nothing. All we want is "default" - and DEFAULT is not very NET READY - Good Luck then :agree1: !
RaZoR91687
Novice

Post by RaZoR91687 »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:
Iacobus_Imrlz wrote:Don't worry about the shape yet. Just make moving cubes
exa.png
lol jk...
That is one high poly train..... I must see that used in a map
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

For sure only a few guys will render that properly... Next time my "trains" are gonna be MORE simple than that, and no Test-Logs. I forgot about break (stop-train noise) + a few smoke around and player nearby train coughing from dust cause or sneezing.
redgrape404
Average
Personal rank: High School graduate

Post by redgrape404 »

How about a map pack all based in Las Vegas

DM-Stratosphere
Based off the Stratosphere Las Vegas it features colse combat weapons
DM-Neon
Based off the Neon Musium features weapons most suitable for indoor combat
DM-MGM Grand Las Vegas
Based off MGM Grand Las Vegas biggest map in map pack therer are three vairents external, internal and both
CTF-Fremont Street
Based off the Fremont Street Experience
AS-Red Rock
Based off the Red Rock Canyon; An alien spaceship had crashed landed in the Red Rock Canyon and the space aliens (defenders) are tring to get ther ship repaired to take off as well as capureing Area 51's C.O and a Area 51 Hazerd Team (attackers) are to rescue the C.O and make sure the spaceship never leaves the plaent
that's just a fracture of Vegas theamed maps
https://www.google.com/search?num=100&q ... As0JAhfE_s
the link shows all the points of intrest for vegas theamed maps name it,Unreal Tourment; Vegas