MH-Vengeance - SOLVED

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: MH-Vengeance

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote: Problem, the bots run at the center door now before they kill the two bosses. they have no interest in killing them either. Door sides were open, but they just run at the center door.
The problem of default MH toward visibility and Screwing Positions 3 Before 2 heading to Bot getting idiot is not entirely my fault. I should protect WayPoints with TouchSwitchers but I forgot that (I'm getting older ?). There would be needed a bit of changes at some event using some Dispatchers... some errors... eh.
I was testing it using 504 and Bots were capable of ending map by themselves. For default MH I recommend order Freelance and if a wild touch breaks up then order Cover do help.
Red_Fist wrote:The first bundle of ammo bottom beginning lift, bots just stay they while running, but they can leave, I would just delete that bundle.
Nope, if map starts in higher difficulty all ammo will get exhausted and I'm not using spoons for fighting with creatures, Else MBot_B is not retarded in such spot - attempt to run but it stops happily waiting ammo to re-spawn. I set RespawnTime 3 seconds on purpose - items under 5 seconds trigger bot to stay and load it until is full - it should wait but not in default MH and neither default Bot - you can input your command for 8 seconds, because they don't wait that longer. You cannot do a perfect thing with default Bot that's why I have removed default Bot. As long as I have full link with End, The rest of Bot issues + MH503 can be solved only by using "Cover". If you can adjust spots without to mess hunter's charge, go adjust it. INI will get modified itself (it is generated by map automated) so you can remove old reference later (easy to see what will be).

For the record, check Demons][ - it is a map having enough good Bot Support (and some bad setup at creatures) but what it does default Bot+v503 cannot be compared with MBot + v504. Game Flow with Bot is different even if we have the same map.

YAY Edit: Tested V503 + Bot (original) - I did not see issues at ammo from Bottom of first Lift, I don't know what problems have you seen there :noidea .
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I think it's just a matter of moving them so they don't have to walk up that little bump and too close to wall type thing.

I don't think they are collecting any ammo, just running in place.

That is why you need to adjust the max desireability so they go one way first,
but the queen door, both doors were open, queen not killed, and they went for the center door.

It needs to use a blocked path. or a condition that won't allow them to go that way until both bosses are dead.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:bots run at the center door now before they kill the two bosses. they have no interest in killing them either
I didn't see this problem (been playing bot-matches as I've been so tired lately) as my bots attack the brute & queen about the same time. Doors to each room they opened up while still fighting the Krall in that area, then they killed those 2 bosses. Admittedly, they occasionally after dying past the pupae they sometimes don't go back to the center door as they keep running back & forth from the Queen & Brute room... even though there's nothing in either.

On all edits of the map, I keep seeing the same issue:
That one doorway tends to hang-up the bots, not just the bigger models. Even when I've played it feels like there's still some obstruction despite the door being wide open.

It's weird.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

When I test I set them all to freelance, and only help a tiny bit, but then leave them on their own to watch the tricky areas if there is a problem. So I don't know if that makes a difference. I use 7 bots
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:So I don't know if that makes a difference.
Fair enough, but even when I play it feels like there's something still there in that empty space.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote:Fair enough, but even when I play it feels like there's something still there in that empty space.
Yes, the one half of the door (Mover9) is broken: its collision area does not match its visible shape. You can test that not only by walking but with the shock rifle balls also.
"If Origin not in center it be not in center." --Buggie
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Just take the mover to keypoint one, and move it all the way to the end of the subtract brush, then back to keypoint 0, you can pass easy, no collision prob

The bots are borked

The first force field opens to fast, they don't even attempt to fight the mercs anymore, only by chance in the first side area, they also linger around the teleporter start side right on top of it, like they don't know where to go.

The enemies are going through the teleporter, not a good thing, because you want the bots to fight moving ahead to progress.

The first ammo pack just needs to be moved out away and a little farther down

This time, both boss doors open and they just hang around by the center door not knowing what to do neither boss is killed.

Needs more work.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote: I don't think they are collecting any ammo, just running in place.
How did you drew this conclusion ? They never left the spot or... ? I see them hunting well, I don't know what mutators are screwing up there and I'm not curious. In default MH Shrimp said to Bot: Go for Waypoint Shake your Legs - This is far from camping in wait mode also according to state roaming which is borked in TeamGamePlus like MH - Any questions ?
Red_Fist wrote:The bots are borked
Did you tested paths with ShowPath and they did not work or What exactly is borked except MH controller ?
Because I don't intend to fallback at MH503, like I said IT DOES work properly in MH504. For Default MH I have to protect Waypoints for keeping Bot attacking Else they visit place and go away Like I said in a million of posts MH related. MonsterWayPoint is a sh!t because Bot after visiting it moves away without being interested about Monster - that is what old MH does. Additional tweaking is not that necessary in Better versions and that's why I did not bother for extra tweaking.

All right, fix damn geometry and then, I'll add several things. I assure you that Bot won't leave Brute/Queen area until both are dead - if you want this (even if I don't need it), is doable. Btw, UDamage in Titan area doesn't make sense after killing all and racing to End in final room opened - Seriously, I moved it out because it was useless.

First ammo spots can be corrected with higher respawntime but I don't recommend removal - I really don't know what's the problem there, UTJ ??? - drop it in toilette, use UTToolBox11 stuff instead. Do you think that killing all Kralls with 700 health is doable only with initial load ? Keep dreaming. Like I said just modify that INI to higher levels and see how often you need ammo. Anyway Then you can keep a "tweaked" one for you because I go for mine. Even this R16 one is good for Both MH which I'm using: 504 and MH2; and I'm thinking to add it for my On-Line hunting.

What I don't like indeed is geometry, there are spots where things are not cute - invisible barriers and such.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Like I said, been running a few bots vs monsters only (sometimes 8 bots, occasionally less) and so far even after killing the Titan the bots haven't been able to finish the map.
sektor2111 wrote:invisible barriers and such.
They can be annoying. I've only seen a few maps that do that, though in some cases it's temporary and goes away after awhile... like in MH-Arden.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

My Arden doesn't include them :D and neither stuck in the Castle with Wheel and the rest of lost Bot random occurrences. Some day I'll do a small revision there as well.

In this Vegeance I tried a build in 3 passes trying to remove some craps, I got rid of a nasty one from Mercs area around teleporter but I still see problems at Door from second spawn location. Like Barbie said Perhaps mover is doing sucks, the same problems have been solved in Cliffs2 by Reconstructing Final Mover, else I could not fix it either.
The rest of A.I. issues (not pathing issues) can be adjusted if they do really need that. Preventing Monster to go in teleporter is doable by making it UnReachable in reverse - Higher so to speak, or writing a PlayerOnly Teleporter If that's a need. Let me experiment some setup first to see if I can tweak it without codes - probably yes.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Red_Fist wrote:Huh ? I see purple and blue, 2 zones.
We should mention the name of the map we are just talking about...
Red_Fist wrote:Just take the mover to keypoint one, and move it all the way to the end of the subtract brush, then back to keypoint 0, you can pass easy, no collision prob
I invite you to my server to prove the opposite.

The problem with the door exists in all versions I tested:
  • MH-Vengeance
  • MH-UM-Vengeance-v1
  • MH-UM-Vengeance-vrf1
"If Origin not in center it be not in center." --Buggie
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

No I just moved the ammo out and down the hall a little, they don't stop then

The other snag is the second pit on the right, down the ramp, they want to hang out there but eventually move on.

I just played it again, they go for the center door, no interest in killing either boss but both doors open, 3rd play, same exact problem

Plus I would take out those queen destinations, thing just teleports , couldn't kill it, so I had the bots "cover me" and THEY got it to move enough to cause damage.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Barbie wrote:
Red_Fist wrote:Huh ? I see purple and blue, 2 zones.
We should mention the name of the map we are just talking about...
Red_Fist wrote:Just take the mover to keypoint one, and move it all the way to the end of the subtract brush, then back to keypoint 0, you can pass easy, no collision prob
I invite you to my server to prove the opposite.

The problem with the door exists in all versions I tested:
  • MH-Vengeance
  • MH-UM-Vengeance-v1
  • MH-UM-Vengeance-vrf1

all reference from me will always be the latest version.

I just moved them (keypoint 1) ,rebuilt, collision gone. (but the mover isn't poking out for good looks)

oops double post.

No the quad at the end I was just messing around, I had tag problems , it should be deleted.

Oh and, to get them to goto the first side merc area, after they trigger waypoint, is where max desirability will make them want the pickups, and continue to kill the first mercs by going down there. I guess they don't have to kill them all, but.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

MaxDesireability doesn't do much magic in MH only if you mess pathing randomly (as it was before LOL)... I put TouchSwitchers, simply they won't go away until those 2 bosses are killed (and one of EliteMercs around Waypoint P1 will keep them busy a bit more). Snipers counted are another story - a nasty one. If they retreat in tunnels are gonna be invisible and then only human can trigger them properly... I think they are too big messing up at hunting hunters.

For BSP at second spawn Door I think I'll remove Door completely for a test. I'm more than convinced that door is nasty... If I'm having right then Good Bye Door.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

In MH-UM-Vengeance-vrf1_R16, I can't get the lift to come back up to the Skaarj Snipers' area despite trying everything I can think of.

I have noticed bots getting stuck on ammo pickups on occasion, especially the first one at the bottom of the first lift; also they have a tendency to jump/fall into one or other of the giant gasbag 'pits'.

I think the balance of weapons/ammo/health is fine as it is.