MH-Vengeance - SOLVED

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: MH-Vengeance

Post by Red_Fist »

The deep well areas should have a mover going down, or up, with some hallways for another area.
Or make one go up, to kill monsters , then up top have the other lift go down to a hallway and rooms and another way to get back to main floor.

the movers in in the pillars the two large end rooms should also be a goal to do something.
The two spots in those end rooms should be lift as well and connect them in some way.
There is platforms up top in those end rooms

The door at the end of the first hall has a panel, but the door is just the outside of the map, I would make that a door and lead someplace.

The start area has the items that need unlocking and another fake door, start with that as a map plan to unlock them as you go.

There is areas for some monsters to come from the cracks or the sky.
Binary Space Partitioning
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Hitman wrote:Since its broken as a MH map I gonna try and make fix on it, and connect the broken parts so it works, and add some more monsters
Nice intention. :tu: Maybe you also have a good idea for using the area hidden by Mover23-26.

BTW: has anybody an idea what makes the map so huge in file size (13 MB)? I left out MyLevel stuff (Monsters, Textures, etc) and that results in 10 MB file size. Saving without 2868 Brushes reduces the size to after all 6 MB what is still a lot.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Barbie wrote:
Hitman wrote:Since its broken as a MH map I gonna try and make fix on it, and connect the broken parts so it works, and add some more monsters
Nice intention. :tu: Maybe you also have a good idea for using the area hidden by Mover23-26.

BTW: has anybody an idea what makes the map so huge in file size (13 MB)? I left out MyLevel stuff (Monsters, Textures, etc) and that results in 10 MB file size. Saving without 2868 Brushes reduces the size to after all 6 MB what is still a lot.
Bad pathing can cause a lot of file size. :noidea
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Or the walls set to high shadow detail, size goes up a lot. And he is using a lot of lights.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Just for fun:
MH-VengeanceSizes.jpg
The original map was loaded, manipulated, recompiled and saved for each measure.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

While clearly the intended end of the map doesn't work, I still think there's something we're missing.

See, there's at least 5 teleports on the map but counting them from actually using them (including the areas I had to ghost to get to) I only found 4.

Just saying...
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote:While clearly the intended end of the map doesn't work, I still think there's something we're missing.
The end of a MH map is operated by a MonsterEnd trigger and/or other thing similar. This map doesn't have such things if you need to read this 100 times then be my guest... Like we said, there is no end.
Looking around MH code there is possible addressing map on purpose and attaching an End somewhere and spawning some Teleporters for nasty zones... Me one, I'm not bother with such things... Noobs will learn a wrong way about making a MH map and it will cause confusions as long as not all admins are looking for info related things and debates about a (crappy) map, they won't know why here it works and there it doesn't work being annoying and making them to quit.

Okay once again (you seems to need this), input in console (not ghost) <cheatview MonsterHunt.MonsterEnd>. Now get another map and do the same thing. See what is about, "by chance" MH-Veageance won't show anything. This is a basic check if a map worth effort to waste time with it, the rest is blabbering about voodoo Magic ending map. The only end in MH for this case is "TIME LIMIT" or "NO HUNTERS", and nothing else.

As for teleporters, they are not linked but there is one placed in void linked with another from a zone - Teleport in VOID ??? That's bullshit. The rest of teleporters can be seen if have links by <showing paths>, and once again there is nothing linked shown.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:While clearly the intended end of the map doesn't work, I still think there's something we're missing.
The end of a MH map is operated by a MonsterEnd trigger and/or other thing similar. This map doesn't have such things if you need to read this 100 times then be my guest...
Again... not what I meant.

I'm still thinking somewhere there's a teleport I haven't found that will take me to those areas I had to ghost to.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Barbie wrote:Just for fun:
MH-VengeanceSizes.jpg
The original map was loaded, manipulated, recompiled and saved for each measure.

wow, didn't shrink much at all.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

See, there's at least 5 teleports on the map but counting them from actually using them (including the areas I had to ghost to get to) I only found 4.

Just saying...
Does your count include the one in the void noted by Sektor2111?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Oh yes I remember playing this map and not finishing it as well... Definetly a good map and shame it never got finished (I think)...
Not exactly sure where EA_Elemental is, but I still see GTD-Carthage pop up in UnrealSP.org from time to time :)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

UnrealGecko wrote:Not exactly sure where EA_Elemental is
Me neither, last time (few years) some player "BioMech" if I well recall was pointing finger to our guy telling him to grow up, of course referring at these "non-cubed" failures aka unfinished works and asking him to be more normal or such because Godz types as example had more fans than his "OverTuned" releases and they are cubed and not really nice but fully playable and smoother for everyone. I did not participated at that speech but... I read the topic as long as some of these "EA" signed things were messing up through map list in my old server. Later I have removed it trying to fix it after some time (for another chance), of course there are "unknown" methods used which might be still there bugging (bad MyLeveled things, multiple brushes in place, semi-solids wrong set, Bot Pathing closer to NONE, etc.).
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

UnrealGecko wrote:EA_Elemental
Some more maps with that name:
grep -i EA_Elemental Maps/*
Binary file Maps/MH-Asmodeus_Aions+SBFix1.unr matches
Binary file Maps/MH-Skaarj_Reactor(Test-v1).unr matches
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

UnrealGecko wrote:Not exactly sure where EA_Elemental is, but I still see GTD-Carthage pop up in UnrealSP.org from time to time :)
EA_Elemental's website http://elementalmaps.darkbb.com/, though no sign of recent, or indeed much, activity.

Other maps on Destination Unreal
The author EA_Elemental you have selected has made 11 maps
- MH-(_@_)_Asmodeus_Aion
- MH-(_@_)_Skaarj_Reactor(Test-V1)
- MH-Asmodeus_Aion
- MH-Asmodeus_Aions
- MH-Asmodeus_Aions-UMH
- MH-Asmodeus_Aions_R
- MH-Asmodeus_Aions_Rf
- MH-MazeV1
- MH-Maze_Ea_Final
- MH-Skaarj_Reactor(Test-V1)
- MH-Vengeance
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Barbei wrote:Binary file Maps/MH-Asmodeus_Aions+SBFix1.unr matches
OjitroC wrote: - MH-Asmodeus_Aion
- MH-Asmodeus_Aions
- MH-Asmodeus_Aions-UMH
- MH-Asmodeus_Aions_R
- MH-Asmodeus_Aions_Rf
Seems that other have done fixes on that map, too. :lol2: