MH-Vengeance - SOLVED

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: MH-Vengeance

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:A lot of the DU maps are geared for players, they don't rate by pathing... and it may be whoever did the rating knows something about the map we don't yet.
It's not about damn pathing MAP HAS NO END, capish ?
Yes, I know. Pathing's got nothing to do with it, I never said it did. I was referring to DU's rating system in general when I mentioned pathing.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote:Remember that here nobody wants a MH forum section for learning things so all MH stuff goes hard to read being spread here an there and guessing based - even if MH is a game played more than other games.
Make a post here viewforum.php?f=2&start=0 and point the staff crew to it. That's what I would do.
sektor2111 wrote: EG still believe in secrets - something to do or whatever.
Yeah, He is our very special pumpkin. :wink:
Maybe someone can give him a treat by creating a MH map with lots of secrets and Easter-eggs.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Image Image
papercoffee wrote:
sektor2111 wrote: EG still believe in secrets - something to do or whatever.
Yeah, He is our very special pumpkin. :wink:
Maybe someone can give him a treat by creating a MH map with lots of secrets and Easter-eggs.
I will have my revenge!
So, in poking around for secrets in normally inaccessible portions of the map, I found all this:

There's also some in-narrow-pipes-fighting-pupae action in there.

Someone *cough*sektor2111*cough* should maybe try fixing this map?
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

HOLYSH*T!!!

When it's finished please give me a download link :-)

And don't forget to put in some more monsters...
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

papercoffee wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:Remember that here nobody wants a MH forum section for learning things so all MH stuff goes hard to read being spread here an there and guessing based - even if MH is a game played more than other games.
Make a post here viewforum.php?f=2&start=0 and point the staff crew to it. That's what I would do.
Yup, seems like a good idea to me. Nobody ever asked before.
MH is a gametype, but the "gametype" section of the forum only has 3 pages of posts after all these years so perhaps needs a change.
We would have to start sub sections for other gametypes though
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

No because other game types are match type games, this s under SP type games.

Who ever made that map had a good vision for lighting and mood, 3d size awareness-scale , it's a cool map.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Aldebaran wrote:HOLYSH*T!!!

When it's finished please give me a download link :-)

And don't forget to put in some more monsters...
You have it already, and using "Ghost" command is easy...
There is no teleporter linked to those zones so you cannot reach there without Console :|
EvilGrins wrote: So, in poking around for secrets in normally inaccessible portions of the map, I found...
That's explain what I said before. Those "secrets" are very visible not secrets in Editor - lol secrets. The whole secret is that UT doesn't have maps with secrets and long as Editor is not a secret application for UT...
Any admin configuring a MH server can inspect stuff before adding rammed trash in public.

As for secret chapter we have some... MyLevels available - real secrets:
- which Boss is there ? That big and strong or that small and fast and aggressive;
- in red room what do we have to kill today ? Which prototype ? Maybe Flies or Maybe SkaarjGunners
- Where can I found that book for saying an incantation because we need it for opening a door (yes, location is randomized) - track Bot, he knows about it :pfff: ;
- How is the weather ? Idk today might be a rainy day - start some precipitations randomly;
- Mad lottery. Depending on skill some boulders might be thrown to us unexpected - or expected;
- etc.

Ideas are a lot making game different all the time doesn't matter Editor inspection. Stuff can have a random difficulty depending on some factors. The rest of "static" secrets doesn't really mean any secret.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:
Aldebaran wrote:When it's finished please give me a download link :-)
You have it already, and using "Ghost" command is easy...
I believe he was reacting to my suggestion you should fix this map... and after you did (if you did) send him a link to that.

Otherwise what he said wouldn't make sense.

So the large green portal is clearly the intended end of the map and all those screenshots above are areas linked to each other by teleports... but the means to access them without using "ghost" doesn't appear to exist. The mapper (as it's been said I can now confirm) left out a point of connection to get there.

Also, he clearly didn't work the exit point for that green portal into what we've got here, hence the error message.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

My target at a moment was to get rid of inaccessible zones. Logic is as follows: I cannot answer in which location must be that "tricky" teleporter - which was the original idea. Since map has initial no access to those zones I was interested to keep this way and deleting stuff (for such fast action 13 MB + another files and loads make no sense), like I did in whatever GXech with unreachable devilfish letting monsters unkillable and other stuff in no zones. similar some HTD with a lot of Mullogs into void, etc. Dumb examples are a lot.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

You really can't fix the map to have what the map was for, it would have to be a new map.

The only way to use it and keeps it's nice look would be to duplicate the one large area and make some kind of story or goals while using the unconnected areas.

The ship at the end (assuming it's the maps end) is a semi solid brush, for looks, but could be a mover.

I think someone should make something of it but keep the same quality. rename it and give credit.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

sektor2111 wrote:... and using "Ghost" command is easy...
Never used the ghost command... Found it now! Nice...

When it should be to difficult to develop it in the same style a map end for example in the right big hall would be nice.
And the doors of the two big halls shouldn't close when you are in because you can't get out then.
Also when you fall down into the two big holes in the ground you won't die, perhaps this can be changed.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yes... whoever, because I have to report A.I. issues available based on these ideas, and failing A.I. is not my goal.
Inventories are placed like sh!t in those rat holes like pig trough making even human player to have difficulties in getting them. Pathing job reports a lot of errors "scout didn't fit" which means there are a couple of bad spots including lag while pathing is operated - this heads to a full check and we speak about over 5000 ReachSpecs messing up around. Changing that will screw initial map look which is not a goal. I was fooling for 10 minutes with paths in purpose to gain info if DevPath do works in here, yes it does. It's a good looking Level but... incomplete. Have fun at turning it into a decent playable map. I prefer to build other simple Level rather than wasting time here.
Btw, I don't like those portals... they looks pretty stupid and doesn't have a link with map's theme - are more like a prophanity - or I might be wrong.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

dude I like the pig troughs, lol like weapon containers adding to the theme. I think if you increased the pickup item collision they would workout.

All I did was increase the collision on the the large skaarj queen guy, so I could kill it.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yep, that Merc seems nasty calibrated.

Why I'm not agree to screw items like that ? I'm not even trying a mutator in purpose to see how are done replacements for such case and if something won't fall.

However, chapter geometry.
I think map is unfinished because something bad occurred and project has been abandoned. I see multiple portals rotated abnormally, I see many such rotations and semi-solids touching void which is not a good way. Probably at adding new areas things went badly screwed and... project has been quit. While I touched some of those "useless" portals rebuilding result was not a charm. He was using wild way to gain functionality because BSP nodes are insanely loaded, and this is a forced way because they guy was very against cubed mapping - Unreal Engine can handle well X,Y,Z - the rest might be goofing only so he was pushing limits pointless. What I'm saying can be seen at build, simply at Editor's build it takes a break at some brush 216x or whatever and this is a bad sign.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

Since its broken as a MH map I gonna try and make fix on it, and connect the broken parts so it works, and add some more monsters since as it is now you can do it with a chainsaw.