MH-Vengeance - SOLVED

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: MH-Vengeance

Post by Red_Fist »

Hmm, the key is Carthage, get a whole of him.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I didn't figure too many authors returning to fix a 7 years old map even known as a bad one. As confirmation is AsmodeusAions all re-attempts have been operated by other people.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:All I did was increase the collision on the the large skaarj queen guy, so I could kill it.
I found another way to kill him... heh heh heh:
OjitroC wrote:Does your count include the one in the void noted by Sektor2111?
Sadly, I only just noticed that.

Anywho, I found out the pillars do open up:
I suspect there's a switch for them somewhere, but in lieu of that I ghosted inside of them and opened them from the inside.

It's a nice view...
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

So, was away on vacation but this is my fix of the map, I am not a good mapper but it seams to work fine so feel free to use it or lose it 8)

I DELITED THE OLD VERSION, NEW VERSION SOME POSTS DOWN..
Last edited by Hitman on Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Thank you very much for mapping this nice map to an end :tu:

I played it now and I like it. The tentacles with their rockets are a challenge.

But I found some bugs, perhaps you would correct them?
- When I fall into one of these big holes in the ground (with the gasbags) I don't die. I have to type suicide then?
- In the left big hall with the two queens the complete sidewall is missing. You can look out into heaven and jump into nirvana :-)
- In the small passage from the first teleporter to the mercenary there you can stuck in the middle when you go along the wall and have to jump to get out there.
- It is really not easy to kill all Skaarjsniper in the Titan-room at end, because you can't see them all. I had a redeemer otherwise I don't think I could kill them. Was that your idea?
- The right big hall is empty... why there is no monster in? :o

Anyway I will play this map from time to time.

:rock:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Aldebaran wrote: - The right big hall is empty... why there is no monster in? :o
There's a Queen but this teleports to the left big hall.

A few more comments
  • - Bot support doesn't work all that well - difficult to get the bots to use the first lift and they won't use the first teleporter or even follow me to the first teleporter
    - it's possible for Krall to get under the first lift preventing it from fully descending
    - the weapons placement is eccentric to say the least
    - having cleared everything I did dive into the pond at the end but didn't find the MonsterEnd (which, looking at the map in the Editor, I see is placed there)
    - the lift upto the Skaarj Snipers doesn't seem to work
----------- EDIT -------------------
Having spent more time looking at the map in the Editor, I can now see why the bots don't work well - the initial parts of the map aren't pathed at all, whilst the later parts are!!
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

OjitroC wrote:There's a Queen but this teleports to the left big hall.
Ahh, I wondered why there was a second Queen dead in the left hall when I opened it.
OjitroC wrote:it's possible for Krall to get under the first lift preventing it from fully descending
Yes I had the same problem, but it's an open lift where you can jump off in the right moment, so I thought perhaps it should be so?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

As i said i suck at this, I usely only do minor rapairs so feel free to edit the map to fix it more , I did to fit my needs to my 3 mh-servers were we got all weapons at start and no bots so i only put in the pathnodes with the grid-command for the monster to be more active. the lift upto the Skaarj Snipers do works fine for me, activated by the panel on the wall, I might try some more on it, but it takes a lot of time when you bad at it..
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Hitman wrote:As i said i suck at this, I usely only do minor rapairs so feel free to edit the map to fix it more , I did to fit my needs to my 3 mh-servers were we got all weapons at start and no bots so i only put in the pathnodes with the grid-command for the monster to be more active. the lift upto the Skaarj Snipers do works fine for me, activated by the panel on the wall, I might try some more on it, but it takes a lot of time when you bad at it..
I understand now why the map is as it is - I thought some form of 'all weapons' mutator was needed, so tried it with Nali Weapons and was able to finish without the aid of bots. Must admit I didn't notice the wall panel for the lift to the Skaarj Snipers - now I know. Thanks for posting your version.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I didn't play your version, but I think the stuff (brushes) around the first teleporter should be deleted, and improve the path from the start room on the ramp, bots lose you. They stop following, then only to be obstructed at the teleporter.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

When I'll finish some mutator which I'm doing I'm gonna take a look at this modification. In MH, in a simple Level, Bot Stuff is fully doable so I'm not bother with maps having no Bot Action. Old Teleporter stories are for other category of haters. There is pathing stuff done by NON EPIC coders child of teleporters working like a charm, Teleporter has problem when gets screwed on purpose. I must inform you a hint, when Bot wants out of water but paths are bad, Teleporters are one of good options always functional.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

Fixed some bugs, perhaps some other errors turned up, dono, but i wont do more on this one...

- When I fall into one of these big holes in the ground (with the gasbags) I don't die. I have to type suicide then? FIXED
- In the left big hall with the two queens the complete sidewall is missing. You can look out into heaven and jump into nirvana :-) FIXED
- In the small passage from the first teleporter to the mercenary there you can stuck in the middle when you go along the wall and have to jump to get out there. FIXED
- It is really not easy to kill all Skaarjsniper in the Titan-room at end, because you can't see them all. I had a redeemer otherwise I don't think I could kill them. Was that your idea? FIXED
- The right big hall is empty... why there is no monster in? FIXED the queens was ghosting back and forth so i replaced 1 with a brute
- Bot support doesn't work all that well - difficult to get the bots to use the first lift and they won't use the first teleporter or even follow me to the first teleporter FIXED sorta never played with bots but i put some more path-nodes in.
- it's possible for Krall to get under the first lift preventing it from fully descending FIXED all movers set to ignore.
- the weapons placement is eccentric to say the least FIXED you get all guz at the start if you dont you some mod for it.
- having cleared everything I did dive into the pond at the end but didn't find the MonsterEnd (which, looking at the map in the Editor, I see is placed there) no idea why you could not see it
- the lift upto the Skaarj Snipers doesn't seem to work FIXED moved the trigger to the platform.
Attachments
MH-UM-Vengeance-v1.zip
(12.36 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Great work! :gj:

The only bug (not actually the speech worth) I found during first pass is a texture fault. The two-sided door near the teleporter is partially transparent when looking from the opposing side. But you don't have to fix this, the map is worth playing!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, good job on fixing it. :tu:

I played with Nali Weapons and the NW MH extras so that I had regenerating health up to a specified limit - one odd thing I noticed was that, on entering the pipes/tunnels where the pupae are, my health dropped to 250 although it was well above that before entering - this happened the previous time I played it as well.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Keep on doing works for the community. :tu:
I'm referring to "MH-UM-Vengeance-v1.unr" and found some issues, too:
  1. Already done: The Queen killed the Queen (IMO by telefragging) and I had to open Mover1 by cheat. Better remove these "MercDest".
  2. Brush852 in spawn area has an none planar surface and therefore causes HoM effects (I've noticed another HoM location but cannot remember yet)
  3. FastMercRocket{1,2} stuck in Brushes and have no sense IMO
  4. LaveZone1 has HoM effects
  5. the lighing of LaveZone{0,1} do not fit to their surrounding
  6. some Movers have no sound
  7. door mover to titan area has flicker effects (due to same surfaces with other brushes) and its texture is puzzled
  8. surfaces of Brush92 are broken
  9. the area around PathNode213 has BSP errors
  10. the connection between Brush71 and Bush1 has BSP errors
No unusual Access Nones found in client or servers log. :)

<EDIT-2016-08-09>
added (10)
</EDIT>
Last edited by Barbie on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett