MH-Vengeance - SOLVED

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: MH-Vengeance

Post by EvilGrins »

Finally gave this a shot (busy week) and I love how it's all been connected but I did have a few little quirks and observations to report.

1) Is the "UM" in the new map title a reference to the lost forum "Unreal Mayhem"?

2) There are no weapons on the map, which makes it hard to play. I had to use the mutator "Fully Loaded" to make it a fair fight, mainly because all the monsters' health has been seriously jacked up.

3) No bot-pathing is kind of an issue but more than that, the elevator that brings you down from the starting level goes back up after you get off and then stays up there until someone else gets on it... which bots could've done if they came back to help.

4) When you finally get to the rooms with the Queens (who also have seriously jacked up health) you generally only have to fight 1 of them. The TeleportMerc which was there originally couldn't leave the room he was in, no matter what, but the Queens can teleport to each of those 2 rooms... which helps fighting them because one of them eventually telefrags the other.

5) The room with the Queen on the left has no wall on the right side...

...and it's not simply invisible as you can walk out of it:

Strangely that doesn't kill you.

6) As mentioned, the Queens have an insane amount of health...

...and so I went with the DeemerFireworks to kill the thing, but when even that didn't work I had to go AllAmmo on the buggy bitches to multi-nuke them.

7) After the Queens are dead, those pillars opened in both room...

...but I couldn't figure out what to do next. There's no way I could get up to that opening, and there's no indication of what to do next.

(haven't tried MH-UM-Vengeance-v1.unr yet)

How does one end the map?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@EvilGrins
If you read through the previous posts you'll see that your points have mostly been raised before and addressed by Hitman in his latest version.

As to what to do when you have killed the Queens (now one Queen and a brute in the latest version), go back out of whichever large hall you are in to the junction with the route in and you should see an opening in the wall which leads into the pipes/tunnels (in which you will find pupae) and then just continue onwards.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

It's nice you took the time to redo or make, it, really bothers me the bots don't work. I am editing it so I can play through and lowered the health of all the enemies.

The one serious problem is the player starts are too close, I clicked on the, corner one row, then, every other one (two), and slid them off to the side. Then I placed stock weapons in the hallway to cut down on paths.

I thought a mutater(s) is used if you want to crank up the health points of pawns ?

There are other problems not of your doing,
There is a brush order problem in the room with all the vertical lights, it has an area by the doorway, like a 90 degree round open room, not just all one main open room.

I think if I redone it I liked the old jump down to pond idea, glad you made something out of it, :thuup:
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, I'm still having a problem.

After I kill the Titan there doesn't appear to be anywhere to go, and the exit that was on the original map...
...isn't there anymore.

So, what happens after the Titan is dead? What am I missing??
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Killing the titan and all the skaarj snipers.

It turns on the monster end in the little pond, backwall, bottom. I think the end would be better with the portal.

I am doing a better fixed version, this map had some weird messed up brush problems, and zones, I am adding a not very tuned botpathing but so at least the pawns can use and the bots will stay with you, or end map.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@EvilGrins
You're missing looking through the previous posts since you will see several mentions of the MonsterEnd being in the pond - I couldn't actually see it but had to swim around a bit to find it.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote:I am adding a not very tuned botpathing but so at least the pawns can use and the bots will stay with you, or end map.
If Bots can cover you all the time the you can consider Bot Support done. If you want to see them attacking by themselves you should place End reachable and/or WayPoints nearby buttons in desired order, and job for A.I. is like finished. If they can track you for sure will find the rest of required things too.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:you will see several mentions of the MonsterEnd being in the pond
After killing the devilfish I swam all over that pond hoping it was in there, but I didn't find it.

Guess I'll give it another go.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, it is tricky to find - need luck really - I don't think there is an 'end' to see, at least I can't see it.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

When Monster Hunt is configured in that way that the endpoint is shown you can see it (VisibleMonsterEnds=True).
Otherwise it could be difficult to find, but thats in other maps too.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Aldebaran wrote:endpoint is shown you can see it (VisibleMonsterEnds=True).
False, default Monster Hunt doesn't show any End and it doesn't have such feature.

The rest of Monster Health increased is a goofing due to lacks of coding mods. In function "SetPawnDifficulty" you can write a few lines with a multiplier configurable. In this way even later spawned monsters are scaled up too depending on configuration. Screwing map has no purpose, not all people wants Kralls with 2000 HP. I have such things in my MH2 and if memory doesn't cheat me even Mh504 has this thing for extra-skilled hunters. Messing map is not the answer for a fart which is a piece of cake to be implemented directly in mod. I can setup 5×Health post default MH tweaking + minimum of health allowed for a normal creature. If I want all pupae spawned later might have at least 300 Health rather than 75 or less.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

sektor2111 wrote:default Monster Hunt doesn't show any End and it doesn't have such feature.
I thought when played Monster Hunt in older times - many many years ago ;-) - it was possible too.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I put the portal room back in on another wall.

It will workout better with a door instead of the just an open pond.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Aldebaran wrote:it was possible too.
I've got a couple maps where you can see it.
Red_Fist wrote:I put the portal room back in on another wall.
Kinda hope you didn't lower the monsters health to an easier to kill level. With workable bot-pathing, monsters having so much health becomes less of an issue... as in BACKUP!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote:I've got a couple maps where you can see it.
Nah, I'm speaking about MH config setup not about maps - as posted by Aldi, which doesn't exist in any default MH because mod is not changing itself over years if nobody is doing this.
However... I'm interested about RedFist's updates because he knows better some of mapping troubles:
- bad brushes;
- bad paths;
- events setup.
I prefer all these properly done because puzzling into a rammed Level leads only in wasting time for finding a secret which doesn't even exist. The rest of geometry goofing is not for what we call a quality server and not for my common hunting ground. Our cube-hater seems that had nasty problem with misaligned surfaces and then when things went in trash job has been abandoned.

For the rest of such Levels and normal Levels I repeat a HINT for checking because reading forum is a pretty harder job:
- start map Off-Line, input in console <cheatview MonsterHunt.MonsterEnd> if nothing happens you can change map because it doesn't have many chances to end - and that's about a simple check in this original Level without wasting 3 hours to find that "something" ending map which won't happen or you can wait "TimeLimit".

Secondary hint: Me personally I can get over first hint making map to end without MonsterEnd in map - it is not the case for such Level because only a stupid guy with lower I.Q. like me can do this, not these geniuses with uncompiled MyLevels. I can use a custom thing For ending it or even I can Spawn MonsterEnd later somewhere - causing a full incompatibility with MH2 types - cough :satan: - which won't see any End at GameStart.
In one of my experiments I made an End available for all MH types dependent on map action: Won Game or Lost Game as you see in LostSouls but using another way for full compatibility. Of course these are only my toys unshared, this map doesn't include such things.

After RedFist's revision I'll adjust pathing with some special nodes against dumb MH racing type and perhaps will be a Level added to my list.