MH-Vengeance - SOLVED

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: MH-Vengeance

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:Ups, then that was caused by my Replace-Teleporter-With-URL-by-Monsterend code. :oops:
Nope, you made a playable map by patching it in run-time. Problem is original one... So many teleporters for a Server-Travel ? Just wonder if the guy with this idea has ever open Deck16][ in Editor for seeing how to mess with teleporter's collision and learning something (good and bad). Of course... Not.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Barbie wrote:then that was caused by my Replace-Teleporter-With-URL-by-Monsterend code
Is there such a mutator available that checks every started map and replaces such a teleporter to a monsterend?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I think Barbie has server-side tools dependent on Map name. However, we speak about Attaching End not Replacing Teleporters unless you want a game-crash...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:Is there such a mutator available that checks every started map and replaces such a teleporter to a monsterend?
The code for it is in my base mutator, but I've just extracted it for you into a single mutator.
sektor2111 wrote:Just wonder if the guy with this idea has ever open Deck16][ in Editor for seeing how to mess with teleporter's collision
Something I can not recall ATM must be there, because there is an entry in my MapSpecificPatches section^^:

Code: Select all

case "MH-Decks":
	PredictedResult = 1;
	if (FindActor('Teleporter6', A, 'cccx'))
	{
		FixTeleporterWithURL(Teleporter(A), true, LogLevel);
		result++;
	}
	break;
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Stupid map, I got it so the bots won't end, I added more brushes, much longer map as-in physical length, but the bots lose interest. Got to be some brush problem or something.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I've debugged it in that previous first stage using MHBotyMan4 (it's in my web-sig heading to GDrive Web-Page - I don't recall if I posted it here). If I read previous topics as about links around PathNode2xx whatever craps too high anyway around second spawn location, that Level is not good. So First Spawn spot was not linked with next Waypoints and END. If you are using that one for modifications, well... it is broken + paths blocked by "BlockedPath" - that one leads to nowhere...

For MHBotyMan4
Short help for debugging (works only in "original" MH 503 504). It fires seeking at mutate command and if paths are not well connected it remains active in background doing checks, by moving a bit slower (not rushing) if paths are suddenly available the red circles with RouteCache will show up, you can step back to see when they are getting vanished (no more paths), and then that area must have a problem and you can figure it out using <showall> default command, move toward and backward to see when paths are available/unavailable. This is best so far what I could do for debugging MH WITHOUT any BOT.
Else if a nasty early touch has occurred then some garbled effects will be shown (I guess). Also outside of waypoints mod includes sequential checks using a target-beacon. With mutate command you might check paths from your location to Lamp location, if everything looks fine you might check other route if it's well connected with nodes or not. Like I said do not fool with insane load with Waypoints because MH do breaks if a point from advance is touched earlier than supposed, keep them covered with doors and don't mess their order of visiting. Usually PlayerStart (any) might lead to end and Waypoints are only for deviations - and ALL these should have PATHS else NONE goal will get fired.
Fuzz_Ball
Experienced
Personal rank: Harmless

Post by Fuzz_Ball »

Hello folks,
It's been a long time since I've visited.
This is an impressive discussion on this particular map and now we're talking about furry mayans?
Perhaps I missed something, are these two maps identical?
With so much thought and cooperation put into this map, it must be damn near perfection!

Finally, is there a definitive version of this map suitable for hosting?
I would very much like to add it to my collection.
* * * Image * * *
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Fuzz_Ball wrote:Finally, is there a definitive version of this map suitable for hosting?
A few evolutions back I took one of their edits and customized it a smidge and I've got a version that works well enough for me.

That'd be this · http://www.mediafire.com/download/xe918 ... ce-EG1.zip

I'd keep an eye on this thread, though. They're gonna keep perfecting it until it's... well, perfect.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

All I can say is it's like the map don't have boundery that equal the wall, even though the collision and things seem ok.

Bots are just making it, after adding more brushes at the other end of map, they would not leave the start area. All I did was duplicate or copy, the first brushesup to the steps.

And made the map longer by adding it rotated to the other side, so it's a long-ish map.
Anyway I fixed a lot of things, brushes a lot of stuff.

So only after I shortened the first hall by half, they now follow orders and take off right away.
But now they make it to the end hall, same (remade brush) and just stand there, I can lure them in by "cover me" and the end room they still won't go for the exit.

But if I get them closer, like 6 feet 10 feet, or shoot them there, about the last quarter of the room, then I order freelance and they exit right away.

In both cases there is no bad BSP but they will not act, the bots just loiter around but all the paths look good. , I think it boils down to how that hall was made, so I should just replace it with square brushes and see what happens.

(and that top start room brush is messed up too). the whole map is built wrong really, just shoved brushes together.

So I guess the solution is to have them pass the second set of player starts, OR, should they have to go back to a waypoint after spawning from the second set ? because I can put doors in anyplace and have it open or trigger from player start event. Hmm seems tricky.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Fuzz_Ball wrote:Finally, is there a definitive version of this map suitable for hosting?
I would very much like to add it to my collection.
That's depending on tastes. Version which I touched has even both support mainly functional addressing bot ON-Line and OFF-Line playing. Default MH has chances to break Bot, but the rest of improved ones won't have major issues. At request Teleporter Wayback to begin is removed because... It should not mess telefraging creatures there... Bosses killed, new way open, kill the rest of snipers, flies, Titan.. THE End.
RedFist wanted it developed better and no BSP but looks like it is very unfriendly worked causing a lot of work in fixing, probably a complete rebuild is more welcomed taking less time...

Right a few minutes ago I was looking over Internet at some materials which I'm using at work, maybe I can put up some textures and I might experimenting a DM (after getting some inspiration) if I won't spent too much time with XC stuff... Because developing this map more than it is, I think will just impact game performance which is not one of my goals.
Fuzz_Ball
Experienced
Personal rank: Harmless

Post by Fuzz_Ball »

Uhhhhh, Am I correct to believe that RedFist's version differs from Sektor's?
I like RF's attention to the assembly of texture, bsp and overall feel but also appreciate Sektor's approach to logic, order and compatibility.
Meanwhile, thanks, EG for your contribution.
I will be looking at it and hopefully upload it to {FBF} soon.
Great work, everyone! :rock:
* * * Image * * *
EA_Elemental
Novice
Personal rank: Learning mapper?

Re: MH-Vengeance - SOLVED

Post by EA_Elemental »

Reviving A dead post A bit here, But I Have returned A little bit to the UT Scene. Impressive to see people intrigued upon this map
To clarify some of the details:
-This map was never supposed to be publically released, it was nowhere near finished and its so long ago, I don't know how the map managed to fall into public hands.
-This was going to be A zone for A much larger project map that me and GTD Carthage were working on.
-Me and Carthage were going to be doing different zones for different races of monster
-As I said, this was a single zone of A huge project known as the Godz revival. (Yep another godz style map)

If there's any other questions then let me know. I'll keep this page bookmarked and take A look at it from time to time.
You can also contact me through G-Mail or Skype, My skype is the same as my e-mail so whichever program you use you can mail or IM me.
Bloodaspfzr@Gmail.com
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

I'm glad it's surfaced.

Every bit of it makes UT more. Extends it's lifespan.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Nice to see you here, welcome back! The map has a special charm for me and I am really glad that it is playable now. :gj:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

EA_Elemental wrote:I don't know how the map managed to fall into public hands.
It was listed in the download section of Destination Unreal. There's more than 1 version in there.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758